• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintjules

Gold Member

gsUhEVu.gif

reksveks

Cheers

The conditions for the relevant ministers to exercise their power to make a recommendation are the existence of the possibility of “impairment of national security”, “disturbance of the maintenance of public order” or “significant adverse effect to the smooth management of the Japanese economy”. To date, there has only been one case in which the discontinuance of a proposed investment by a foreign investor was recommended

Guess the conditions are vague enough to be used but unsure if it would be used.

sircaw

Banned
sircaw sircaw !!!

You did not man up the BUGSNAX review thread? Where is it?

Herc_is_Disappointed.gif

Someone already made the damn thing before i could, believe it or not, there other other fans besides just you and me ffs

Anyone that disses bugsnax, you know what to do. "lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:

Mod of War: Remastered

👻🎃☠️
Staff Member
Someone already made the damn thing before i could, believe it or not, there other other fans besides just you and me ffs

Anyone that disses bugsnax, you know what to do. "lollipop_disappointed:
raw

Defrop

Banned
Last edited:

geordiemp

Valhalla is dynamic 4k on Series X

Reading the pC performance threads for this game sounds like its releasing a few months too early. tearing, stuttering and drops to low frame rates.

However, lets hope late patches save the day................I think I will wait on this one...

vpance

Anyone concerned about PS5 always outputting HDR? As in even SDR games it will tone map to HDR (but not fully convert to HDR like MS is doing).

The main issue for me is that takes away the ability to increase the brightness of SDR content anymore as your backlight will already be at max.

For the patent divers. Look at the cache layout in the diagram and tell me what that reminds you of.

Does this sound familiar?

Dedicated to superior customer service and innovative, cost effective packaging solutions, Advanced Paper Forming is an industry leader in the manufacturing of molded paper fiber. Traditionally used to make egg cartons, molded pulp can be applied to almost any industrial or commercial packaging need. Our expertly designed custom moulded fibre protects the environment and your products.

kyliethicc

It's probably nothing, but what if 👀

Not all PS3 games that are on PSNow just certain first party ones that I checked. For example Red Dead Redemption is listed but just as PS Now without a price.

This is weird. What if Sony are going to let PS Now users buy games that they can stream permanently without needing a subscription?

Like make it a store front for game streaming essentially so users could just buy some PS3 games to stream but wouldn't need a subscription?

Or make it a PS Plus benefit? Buy some PS3 PS Now games without a Now sub?

This must be why Sony has PS Now embargoed and won't let reviewers show that yet.

And why the PS5 library shows a sort filter for just PS3 games. Users can buy games to add to their library permanently, catch is they have to be streamed.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
isn't that just related to PS4 BC on PS5?

I'm not sure if I see a cache layout diagram but I'm not smart enough to know lol

Can you explain it?
Your posts are quiet brilliant and enjoyable to read. But this diagram is what I'm talking about which looks to be a high level view of an APU with a unified L3 cache shared by 2 CPU clusters.
BiZufTZ.jpg

Does this sound familiar?
Yup, PS5 recyclable packaging.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Do disks continue to spin when playing a game after the initial check at boot up ? I’d imagine not with the game being instead to hard drive. It’s been forever since I played a disk based game
They'll spin hard for like a minute or two into booting up the game but then usually very silent straight after, I still think they spin but just at like a "base/slow" level.

kyliethicc

Your posts are quiet brilliant and enjoyable to read. But this diagram is what I'm talking about which looks to be a high level view of an APU with a unified L3 cache shared by 2 CPU clusters.
BiZufTZ.jpg
I did not see that one lol.

Yeah clearly that would look like a Mark Cerny Sony ICE team patent from 2017 has a shared cache structure, a bit like the new AMD CPU/GPUs have.

So would the first level would be L0 (local caches) and the next be L1 (cluster level) and then the 3rd be L2/3 (higher level shared cache) ?

What do you think geordiemp geordiemp ?

Last edited:

geordiemp

I did not see that one lol.

Yeah clearly that would look like a Mark Cerny Sony ICE team patent from 2017 has a shared cache structure, a bit like the new AMD CPU/GPUs have.

So would the first level would be L0 (local caches) and the next be L1 (cluster level) and then the 3rd be L3 (higher level shared cache) ?

What do you think geordiemp geordiemp ?

I think its time for bed. Any local cache sharing different for RDNA2 would be L0 and L1 if its there from the AMD patent.

Since I joined about a month ago, I’ve seen some awesome discussion about nextgen speculation and game dev in this thread that kinda makes me want to get into to game dev as a hobby.

On the end, some posters proclaim “facts” that just end up hilariously wrong. “Valhalla is 100% native 4K on Xsx and 1440 upscaled on PS5” “pS5 will 100% load BC games on 2 secs” 😭

I legit enjoy this place. Weird cringe nerd posts and all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom