• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reksveks

They should of got Seven of nine to play with the console, that would be awesome.

I hope i don't have to explain why "lollipop_disappointed:
You might have to.

That's odd then. I hope it's true since they are pushing it do hard and it better be a substantial difference.
I am not sure they are pushing it anymore that Sony did when they had the advantage at launch of the ps4, I am not expecting to see much of a huge difference, similar to ps4 pro vs xbox one x difference. Think they are pushing gamepass more, that's the seller for the new audience in their opinion.

Last edited:
I am not sure they are pushing it anymore that Sony did when they had the advantage at launch of the ps4, I am not expecting to see much of a huge difference, similar to ps4 pro vs xbox one x difference. Think they are pushing gamepass more, that's the seller for the new audience in their opinion.

I don't know especially after seeing some of Greenberg's tweets.

timmyp53

Look at my boy Wallace. So glad he got away from that rat Stringer.
wy0mRwD.jpeg

Both. Think they might have the codes for both platforms now in the case for nba 2k21 but not for watchdogs/AC yet although I just realized that they probably don't need a code but a patch which hasn't seem to gone out yet.

Definitely a possibility we might get some comparisons before launch. I mean the PS5s launch BTW.

The drive is indeed the one there are saying a Gen3 SN530.
That won't make any difference in performance because Xbox Series X doesn't reach speeds that Gen3 can't delivery.

TrumpWrong.gif

Gen 3 would require 4 lanes to break 2GB/s. XSX provides 2 lanes to the internal drive. It requires Gen4 to meet the advertised speeds.

I'm a little confused about the screen tearing.

Isn't VRR supposed to eliminate it?

Microsoft mentioned VRR wasn't working correcting in the current OS on the XSX. No confirmation if it would be fixed by launch but I suppose that would be the aim.

kyliethicc

Microsoft mentioned VRR wasn't working correcting in the current OS on the XSX. No confirmation if it would be fixed by launch but I suppose that would be the aim.
And this could be why the HDMI Forum has not certified VRR as ready yet, which is why Sony has not added it to their X900H "ready for PS5" TV yet. And why the PS5 doesn't support it yet. It might be buggy

Dabaus

Banned
Are there any pictures of people lined up to get the new Xbox? Like GameStop or Walmart or some place?
Edit: it does launch tonight is that correct?

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
kIyk0MH.jpg

That a lot of PS5'S!

Heading out world wide.

Woohoo!
Ugh...I'm just saying, if Sony is screwing around with these instructions to places like Fed Ex NOT to deliver the PS5's early and I end up getting mine a day or two late instead of on Thursday I'm going to be PISSED.

No....I get it...it's just a game system and a day or two is nothing in light of the world's problems, but it just seems stupid to me for them to dictate not delivering early. If anything, they should just say it can't be shipped BEFORE say today or tomorrow. Yeah, some people might get their a day early depending on the location of the warehouse, but everyone should get them by launch date. Just seems silly, especially given the delays hitting the shipping industry right now.

renx

Have you guys found a meaning to these Lisa Su words now?
She said in 2019:

"What we have done with Sony is really architect something for their application, for their special sauce."

Is this about the IO complex?
Is the PS5 IO complex designed by AMD?

Last edited:
She said in 2019:

"What we have done with Sony is really architect something for their application, for their special sauce."

I also think she's talking about the cache scrubbers and the customizations to the GE as well.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
She said in 2019:

I also think she's talking about the cache scrubbers and the customizations to the GE as well.
Yeah a lot of people assume this to be some unknown/hidden "secret sauce", but I think it refers to the PS5 APU as a whole especially the I/O complex and the customisations like the cache scrubbers and the Geometry Engine. RedGamingTech said that one of the main aims of the PS5's architecture was to allow for massive amounts of data throughput which could be used to achieve so many things, but I think it was this aim which AMD helped Sony to achieve and facilitate that Lisa Su was referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom