• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source on that?

Previously posted.

Search the page for VRR.

Also, since then, updated 6th Nov ...

Seems 4K 120Hz VRR isn't working well across different TVs. Microsoft recommends turning off VRR on 4K 120Hz. Use on 4K 60 or 1440p 120Hz.

inflation

Previously posted.

Search the page for VRR.

Seems 4K 120Hz VRR isn't working well across different TVs. Microsoft recommends turning off VRR on 4K 120Hz. Use on 4K 60 or 1440p 120Hz.
LG TV's problem is panel issue, so they may not fix that through firmware.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
tenor.gif

2tePJlA.jpg

renx

I wish a friend with a PS5 such as NXGamer NXGamer or other reviewers could confirm if there's another NDA ongoing, or if they are pretty much free to talk and show everything.

travisktl

I wish a friend with a PS5 such as NXGamer NXGamer or other reviewers could confirm if there's another NDA ongoing, or if they are pretty much free to talk and show everything.
There’s definitely another embargo before release. A few other youtubers have mentioned it, and they’re not allowed to currently show anything from the store or the media section of the console. You’d think a walkthrough of that, and reviews of other games like Godfall, Demon’s Souls, and Sackboy would be coming within the next few days.

Last edited:
LG is having major issues with it. Their led's are pretty much made for 120hz and anything under is causing gray flickering. My c9 will never use VRR

LG isn't alone is the point. This was the reason for the horrible tearing in Dirt 5 120Hz mode. Coz VRR wasn't working. Maybe the spec really isn't finalised for 4K 120Hz.

Sound a lot like the early days of 802.11ac when routers were released based off draft spec and there were compatibility issues.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Any news if the consoles will support Dolby Vision/ Atmos/ DTS:X on bluray Movies?
neither console supports Dolby vision on 4k blurays. Cheap 4k players.

They should do Dolby vision on streaming apps but you can just use those on your tv apps.

Xbox Series S Runs Watch Dogs Legion at Dynamic 1080p; RT Is Slightly Better on PC Than on Consoles

MastaKiiLA

They got Iggy's skin tone all messed up. They have him looking like the blackest motherfucker on earth. Dude's out here looking like Wesley Snipes, but this is what he really looks like:
1601516037-andre-iguodala-oct-1-2020.jpg

Also, they got White Drip Tyler Herro looking like a muppet for a second year running. Spo too. He's looking like doughboy on the bench. 2k has to do my team better than that.

reksveks

Previously posted.

Search the page for VRR.

Cheers for that, might then hold off on upgrading the TV although I can't justify it with my PC build at the same time.

LiquidRex

Okay can someone explain why Sony couldn't have created an additional PCIE 4 pathway linked to an external drive? .... Cost not being the sole reason.

Some pre-ordered Xbox Series X on Amazon may not receive the console until the end of December

LiquidRex

Sorry all but I hate to see this shit... Sony Microsoft whoever take them under your wing... Sega has so much to offer the the gaming world. 🤦‍♂️

I mean Relic, Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly.. Football Manager, Company of Hero's, Total War respectively.... Huge IPs big money. Very respectable. 🤔

Huge potential especially with new architecture!!! 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom