• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastaKiiLA

Sorry all but I hate to see this shit... Sony Microsoft whoever take them under your wing... Sega has so much to offer the the gaming world. 🤦‍♂️

I mean Relic, Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly.. Football Manager, Company of Hero's, Total War respectively.... Huge IPs big money. Very respectable. 🤔

Huge potential especially with new architecture!!! 🤷‍♂️
Sorry man, but if this was true, they wouldn't be experiencing financial woes. Sega had their chance to be great, when they transitioned from the DC to 3rd party, but they make really, really, really, really poor business decisions. All those great arcade IPs? Collecting dust. Their current lineup of games? Iffy, at best. I'd be in favor of Sony acquiring them, just for the arcade IPs, but they should jettison the staff, because I have no confidence in the people who work there being able to deliver the necessary goods. Sega is that career underachiever.

reksveks

Sorry man, but if this was true, they wouldn't be experiencing financial woes. Sega had their chance to be great, when they transitioned from the DC to 3rd party, but they make really, really, really, really poor business decisions. All those great arcade IPs? Collecting dust. Their current lineup of games? Iffy, at best. I'd be in favor of Sony acquiring them, just for the arcade IPs, but they should jettison the staff, because I have no confidence in the people who work there being able to deliver the necessary goods. Sega is that career underachiever.
If Sony was to get them, they would definitely have to spin out the PC focused devs in my opinion.

HAL-01

Sega is not going anywhere. Their games business is the one doing the best actually, as you may have forgotten they also own yakuza, shin megami tensei, persona, phantasy star, etc. the company is taking losses because they can’t operate their resorts, pachinko business, and have been forced to sell their arcade business, all due to covid. They’ve been hit hard but they’ll get back up once they’re able to resume business

geordiemp

I feel today is going to be a day full of bans... don't get triggered folks, and don't get too excited either.

why today ? Mod of War: Remastered Mod of War: Remastered is in a good mood as we have Bugsnax

HiSLdKU.png

Last edited:

Jose92

[Membe
Not sure, I don't think the ubisoft games are yet comparable as I don't think the ps5 version is out yet
Could be, but i noticed when John,digital foundry, was doing his ui tour you could see Ac ac valhalla downloading in the background and at the end of the df review video richard shadows that the comparison videos are soon.

Timestamped

Yoboman

Could be, but i noticed when John,digital foundry, was doing his ui tour you could see Ac ac valhalla downloading in the background and at the end of the df review video richard shadows that the comparison videos are soon.

Timestamped

Could be PS4 version, which did have review copies

reksveks

Timestamped

It's seems to be the ps4 version based of other youtubers (Greg Miller from kinda funny said it was) and the following:

Last edited:

3liteDragon

First rule of NDA club......
I remember rumours from patents floating around for PS5, like creating your own demo from a specific level of a game, AI voice assistant and etc. We STILL didn’t get a full look at the revamped PlayStation Store yet. I honestly wonder how much stuff they still have to show off with the console launching in like 2 fucking days.

YongYea mentioned in his review video that he can only show off the PlayStation Store “close to launch date.” So maybe we get a massive info drop today or tomorrow?

reksveks

I remember rumours from patents floating around for PS5, like creating your own demo from a specific level of a game, AI voice assistant and etc. We STILL didn’t get a full look at the revamped PlayStation Store yet. I honestly wonder how much stuff they still have to show off with the console launching in like 2 fucking days.

YongYea mentioned in his review video that he can only show off the PlayStation Store “close to launch date.” So maybe we get a massive info drop today or tomorrow?
I think it's going to be game demos that stream and honestly I want Microsoft to copy that.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member

The latest faq mentioned there was a day one firmware patch coming and if it’s anything like PS4’s day one patch then it should contain quite a few new/unknown features.

reksveks

What would this be used for?
Instead of having a single physical place for xcloud users, you spread it out to make it in theory quicker and better quality. There is a video from one of GiantBomb's E3 coverage where he speculated a world where user A could get 'paid' to allow other people to stream via user A console.

MastaKiiLA

Are Microsoft doing something weird here? Like distributed xcloud servers?

I saw that, but I don't see where the RAM would be. He mentions 10 modules, but the 10 DRAM modules around the SOC are clearly split into 2 different models, in the shots we have of the board. 6 + 4 = 10, and accounts for the split memory configuration. I don't see anywhere on either of the 2 boards that 10 LPDDR3 chips are placed. Watching Spawn Wave's teardown, I don't spot 10 memory modules anywhere on the main board or southbridge daughterboard. The only memory modules are the 10 surrounding the SOC. Strange.

LiquidRex

Apparently this is all due to Sega having real estate in the east which has gone belly up due to CoVID-19 effects on the market!! 😡

LiquidRex

So Take Two has acquired Codemasters.... So the question now is will Take Two be bought out.... Or will they become like Steam 🤔

Well I guess GTA car handling will improve at least 🤪

Loxus

It's just BD spinning. Will be same on Xbox and is same on PC.
But the thing is, these clowns test it without the PS5 stand with would of absorb the vibration.
Pure FUD by the Xbox side.
Why must the Xbox people down play PlayStation so much even though they have the most powerful console?
Isn't that enough.
I can't enjoy anything Xbox related on YouTube because of the constant bashing on PlayStation.
And you guys know it's true.

reksveks

I saw that, but I don't see where the RAM would be. He mentions 10 modules, but the 10 DRAM modules around the SOC are clearly split into 2 different models, in the shots we have of the board. 6 + 4 = 10, and accounts for the split memory configuration. I don't see anywhere on either of the 2 boards that 10 LPDDR3 chips are placed. Watching Spawn Wave's teardown, I don't spot 10 memory modules anywhere on the main board or southbridge daughterboard. The only memory modules are the 10 surrounding the SOC. Strange.
means we can keep this speculation thread open longer :D

Thanks for clearing that up. Pretty corny to fake a video for clout a few days from launch

It also helps to pay attention to the people that post those videos especially who they follow. I mean just a few days ago we had a photoshop of a PS5 dying. I wouldn't be surprised if someone records the PS4 Pro and puts the sound over video of a working PS5.

Next time be a little more careful because you know how many people hate FUD here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom