• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACV review:

It’s unfortunate, in fact, that despite all the painstaking recreation of customs and costumes in Valhalla, most of the laughs it conjures are accidental. There’s a slapstick looseness to the way Eivor, NPCs and the world itself behave, giving many scenes the feel of Monty Python like spoof. Events jolt into motion without introduction. Bystanders get stuck in looped animations or deliver lines inappropriate to the situation. Eivor’s unwieldy parkour might see her prance gracefully as a gazelle or bound through sets like a disoriented kangaroo.

:pie_roffles:

ethomaz

Banned
Your posts are quiet brilliant and enjoyable to read. But this diagram is what I'm talking about which looks to be a high level view of an APU with a unified L3 cache shared by 2 CPU clusters.
BiZufTZ.jpg

Yup, PS5 recyclable packaging.
That looks more like Zen 3 cache diagram.

L1 for each core
L2 for each CCX
L3 shared with all ccx/cores

The difference to Zen 2 is that the L3 is shared only with the cores in the CCX and the L2 is per core.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
it was worse than that, the way she acted with that umpire was disgraceful. Never liked Serena, amazing tennis player but her attitude stinks.
She was always like that... it is hard to like her personality but she was one of the woman players that can play tennis very well against others man players in the circuit without be in physical disadvantage.

sircaw

Banned
She was always like that... it is hard to like her personality but she was one of the woman players that can play tennis very well against others man players in the circuit without be in physical disadvantage.

well depending on your definition of well, maybe top 200 + men or more, if she faces one of the usual top three men she will get aced in straight sets. Impossible to compete against that power speed and agility

There is no die area left on either console for big L3 cache (if that is what full infinity cache is).

And some RDNA2 / AMD leakers have said no - my quick calcs ages ago when I looked ps5 will be lucky to have 8 MB L2.

You can see questions from RGT, videocardz, adored TV and the usual tech sites, so Kitty is well known.

He was the guy most got 6800 AMD info from prior to launch. He also posted about XSX etc

Again, I agree Infinite cache isn’t likely to be present on the PS5 SoC, however, i’m not sure what you’re basing any of your calcs on where there’s been no confirmation on the PS5 die size.

If original estimates for XSX taught us anything, it’s that visual estimates or ones based on desktop GPU dies are fraught with error.

For the patent divers. Look at the cache layout in the diagram and tell me what that reminds you of.

Was gonna post this. Great find.

Your posts are quiet brilliant and enjoyable to read. But this diagram is what I'm talking about which looks to be a high level view of an APU with a unified L3 cache shared by 2 CPU clusters.
BiZufTZ.jpg

Yup, PS5 recyclable packaging.

This is cool. A 3-tier CPU cache system with shared L2 per CCX and a unified L3 across all CCXs.

This is like Zen3.... RGT redeemed.

I think its time for bed. Any local cache sharing different for RDNA2 would be L0 and L1 if its there from the AMD patent.

The above patent diagram was in reference to the CPU no to GPU..

ethomaz

Banned
well depending on your definition of well, maybe top 200 + men or more, if she faces one of the usual top three men she will get aced in straight sets. Impossible to compete against that power speed and agility
I mean the discrepancy between the others woman’s was way higher.

sircaw

Banned
I mean the discrepancy between the others woman’s was way higher.

yer i think, from the baseline, compared to other women she is a monster. I never understood why players don't usethe court more against her, i remember Michael chang beating i think it was boris becker or lendal a couple of times, his drop shots just over the net were amazing.

Get those big power hitters of that backcourt line and make them work.

ethomaz

Banned
yer i think, from the baseline, compared to other women she is a monster. I never understood why players don't usethe court more against her, i remember Michael chang beating i think it was boris becker or lendal a couple of times, his drop shots just over the net were amazing.

Get those big power hitters of that backcourt line and make them work.
It is because drop shots are really hard to enter... if you are in not a good day you are fucked... the accuracy even for expert is not that high.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
It is because drop shots are really hard to enter... if you are in not a good day you are fucked... the accuracy even for expert is that high.

i hear ya, but if i was a woman, firstly i would be the world's biggest slut and secondly, i would rather try and drop Serena Williams than trade shots with her.

Many have tried that tactic of trading and simply got blown away.

Even some of my favorites of the past like Steffi graf would have been blown away by Serena.

but yer agree with you, its a damn hard shot to pull off under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom