• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hi, when you say that cx doesn't have a better picture quality overall, does the blacks on CX make games pop even more than on LCD LED? In your opinion it doesn't made a difference?
I dont think i said cx doesnt have a better picture quality. it does. I just dont think its worth 2x more than the LED. you only really notice it in the HDR demos they put up on youtube and in stores. And perhaps in darker movies set at night like Pacific Rim. I really didnt notice games 'popping' more on the OLED. I went back and played all PS4 exclusives on my Pro on both consoles.

I would say if you can afford it, go with the OLED. Fear of missing out is a real thing and as someone who went through it just last week, I would say just go with the best option available. Which is the LG CX OLED. if you have a PC, they support freesync and Gysnc which is fantastic since VRR seems to be bugged right now.

Every tv seems to have issues with HDMI 2.1 right now so you might just want to wait for next year's versions. But then again, they will be expensive when the launch and you wont get great black friday prices.

JonkyDonk

I really doubt AC wont perform better on xbox. MS has put a lot of money into marketing that game almost as a launch exclusive, so Ubisoft wouldn't want to make them look stupid...

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Its from here, although the site has 2 subscribers so take with a large pinch of salt

And how did half of Sony-GAF know about this video so quickly?

Can I join your Discord where you guys organized making this? lol.

edit: The above post is just a joke... since the Xbox Discord is so infamous thought I'd start a SonyGAF rumor lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I really doubt AC wont perform better on xbox. MS has put a lot of money into marketing that game almost as a launch exclusive, so Ubisoft wouldn't want to make them look stupid...
Well Ubisoft hold off PS5 version of the game from every journo.

It is just they can’t stop people to buy it after today.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
It was posted here so all GAFers here read it lol
But let me check some things...

Edit - Nope... the video are not on discord groups yet... it was posted first on Twitter.
Something must be screwy with UbiSoft's code if you ask me. Not the performance difference, but that neither console can maintain a solid 60fps in a CUT SCENE? What's the regular game like then? I would think even if in-engine, BOTH system's I/O is solid enough to do this. So I think it's more a result of UbiSoft code efficiency. Just my opinion.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
My PS5 is here boys. This console is beautiful. I dont know what everyone is smoking. My first thought was wow this looks gorgeous, i didnt even think it was that big until i placed it vertically next to my tv.

BTW, remember you have to twist the base to get to the screw. I had to youtube it because I totally forgot the PS5 teardown. Then you have to twist again to line up the base. Just a couple of helpful tips.

The intro was amazing. I was like wow. Im glad Sony kept that secret. It's a little thing but both me and my son were like thats super cool. The interface is super sleek so far.

Waiting for my son to come back from his online class before we finish the setup. It's his first next gen console launch and he wants to try Spiderman instead of Demon Souls. So my first game on next gen will be a cross gen port......

Barakov

Fg9kbGM.png

VocRsCZ.png

😶
iu

geordiemp

And how did half of Sony-GAF know about this video so quickly?

Can I join your Discord where you guys organized making this? lol.

What ? I saw the GAF twitter post a fe wposts above mine, and I just did a google search of ps5 vs XSX Valahalla in last 24 hours and it is only vid that comes up. Took 5 seconds.

Try google its good - I found it easily - still he has 2 subs and created today lol so take with salt

Last edited:

cudiye

still getting used to “hold ps button” to main menu and “quick tap on ps button” to the sortve-sub-quick menu thingy (not sure what u call it). I wish it was the opposite like the ps4. Is there a way to switch it like ps4 button mapping?

Also when u hold ps button and go back to main menu is there a button to quickly go back to game or do i have to click on the game and go “back to game” which requires a lot of steps

assurdum

Banned
The only video about AC Valhalla on ps5 I found:
performance seems atrocious. Judging just this video, I can't avoid to be tremendously disappointed. The camera is junky, full of bizzarre judders when the you try to rotate the views (it reminds a lot to framepacing issue?) tearing of course as series X by occasion. If it's the final state on ps5 I don't know the fuck they thinking on Ubisoft, it's more an alpha code to my eyes. Unbelievable considered how good it runs on PS4 pro.

Last edited:

itsnotme

Game shipped my Dualsense yesterday... and it wasn't delivered today. I might just be unlucky, but I'm now worried they won't deliver my PS5 on time next Thursday...
Yeah I kind of feared that, I kind of regret not getting it from Amazon, they delivered my Spiderman pretty early today but I was in such a rush to just get one.

HAL-01

performance seems atrocious. Judging just this video, I can't avoid to be tremendously disappointed. The camera is junky, full of bizzarre judders when the you try to rotate the views (it reminds a lot to framepacing issue?) tearing of course as series X by occasion. If it's the final state on ps5 I don't know the fuck they thinking on Ubisoft, it's more an alpha code to my eyes. Unbelievable considered how good it runs on PS4 pro.

It’s a shitty video export, the game is 60fps, video is 30

JonkyDonk

Hope you are right and it's just that the cause. Another person in this forum have reported bizzarre judders on ps5 when the camera is rotated.
It wouldn't surprise me if it's a mess. Ubisoft can't be trusted to polish and optimise every version of a game that is coming to like 9 platforms. Like I said, if any of the versions performs well it's the XSX because of the marketing deal.

Gudji

Not sure if serious, the video isn't even recorded at 60 FPS.

Last edited:
So I've seen quite a lot of people saying they've had issues with the PS5 and Series X. Are these just small samples or should I be worried about mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom