• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Spiderman is actually really pretty. Looks fairly cross gen especially at night when you see buildings from afar but then you get to the ground and the ray tracing and lighting really enhances the overall graphics. It's a pretty drastic improvement from the PS4 version. i dont remember it looking this good on foot at night.

The audio really stands out. I have a 5.1 sound bar, and I have never really had any game use the right and left channels like this. Usually everything comes out of the center channel with some throwaway sound effects for the rear speakers but here there were quite a few occassions where it felt like the game knew exactly which channel to output the sound from.

Astrobot crashed on me and froze my entire system, but i hadnt updated the game yet. The haptics are very aggressive imo. Controller vibrates like crazy. My hands are still shaking.

Zadom

Just got the email that my PS5 will be delivered today.

images
I’m also waiting for delivery.
X5f8bad.png

Probably means parity, don't forget there are still many who seem to think PS5 will struggle to do 60 where series X will do 60. Watching Dealer and co to much.

Jorraptor guy confirming apadtive trigger use for the PS5 also...so much for that lack of third party support ayy..
Yeah, you are probably right.
And wait, Valhalla supports dualsense features on the PS5?

dimaveshkin

Spiderman is actually really pretty. Looks fairly cross gen especially at night when you see buildings from afar but then you get to the ground and the ray tracing and lighting really enhances the overall graphics. It's a pretty drastic improvement from the PS4 version. i dont remember it looking this good on foot at night.

The audio really stands out. I have a 5.1 sound bar, and I have never really had any game use the right and left channels like this. Usually everything comes out of the center channel with some throwaway sound effects for the rear speakers but here there were quite a few occassions where it felt like the game knew exactly which channel to output the sound from.

Astrobot crashed on me and froze my entire system, but i hadnt updated the game yet. The haptics are very aggressive imo. Controller vibrates like crazy. My hands are still shaking.
You know you can lower intensity of a vibration on a system level? Looks like you might wanna do it.

Stooky

PS5 all setup, jumped into Astrobot.
Me: Cool the rumble is way more precise. all the way to the minutia of detail........... it conveys texture hmmm..... nice, feels good. Then the triggers kicked in , my gawd. Dat controller..........game changer! The triggers feel like it has rumble and resistance. It just all feels really good.

TJC

I fully expect ACV to run better on XSX since the game is being shown on X every time. The marketing deal probably means the XSX version is the base one for this game so it should be better there.

Edit: and probably higher Dynamic res.
I need to see PS5 at 1440p MAX for all the comments made by Ravid xbots on the lead up to this console launch. And frame drops galore. Remember the DEALER logic.

Yams

I fully expect ACV to run better on XSX since the game is being shown on X every time. The marketing deal probably means the XSX version is the base one for this game so it should be better there.

Edit: and probably higher Dynamic res.

I think that's the going narrative so I'm not sure anything would be "surprising" if this was the case. I think parity would be surprising or even a case like Devil May Cry where one console was better in some situations but not others.

TJC

As long as i don't need to buy a £4000 tv to get the benifits of a stable frame rate i will be happy.
Yeh they forget to mention VRR TVs are quite expensive at the minute haha. I have the C9 it's amazing tbh but 90% probably can't support the VRR yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom