• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
First errors on PS5: console freezes in sleep mode and problems with the download queue

Just a fake insider. Ah, good old times. Remember that Dualshock 5 pic, guys? Good times indeed.

tIYN09a.png

Last edited:
VRS is the new vaseline applied in bits and drabs, hopefuly ps5 will keep it to racing games and VR

I keep seeing this. VRS in theory shouldn't be this bad. If applied properly, you both should even "see" it, nor should it have any meaningful impact on overall IQ. Which is why its so hilarious to see people so confident it's not being used in recent launch games.

VRS Tier 2 provides the flexibility to target portions of the screen with uniform colour and very low contrast (e.g. areas in shadow and blue clear skies). This is how it should be used. If you're actually able to detect it, it's not being applied properly or what is being used is VRS Tier 1 which is less flexible and compromises the IQ more considerably.

It's pretty bad that after all the crowing MS has done about its new-fangled patented VRS solution in XSX, the first example of its use have been awful, and now gamers don't want to see it applied... lol.

Xbox has a big userbase... they are trying to say Series X being more new players (that never had a Xbox before) to Xbox than any Xbox console before.

Bull.

Original Xbox all sales where new to Xbox.
This time not.

How would they be able to evaluate this? New XBL sign-ups on new XSS consoles? I guess so.

They're probably truthful, but the "more" when qualified could be so little as to be meaningless... e.g. more = +0.5%

Comparative PR declarations like this without giving any hard numbers within which to frame them are pretty meaningless.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's neat, but you're going to have to turn it off for any competitive online games. In fortnight it was a definite disadvantage in the few games I played last night.
Yeah makes sense..even some SP games I might disable or turn it down for based on what I've read. "Triggers will be difficult to press when your stamina is low" just doesn't sound like the kind of difficulty I actually find fun lol (and I love difficult games)

Yeah makes sense..even some SP games I might disable or turn it down for based on what I've read. "Triggers will be difficult to press when your stamina is low" just doesn't sound like the kind of difficulty I actually find fun lol (and I love difficult games)

Feels like Sony should add a strength option with the on/off of the triggers.

Andodalf

Banned

Yeah the resistance can be a shocking amount, I wouldn't want to play a whole game with it at the levels of the rocket in astro, lol.

Gaming companies have always been all over the map with what data they choose to release; and it can have just as much to do with who is currently an executive as it can whether they are "proud" of the numbers.

And as far as "companies" in general; also all over the map.. Samsung for instance famously has never released unit sales of smartphones, despite being an obvious leader in that industry globally (by a decent margin too.) Lots and lots of industries are secretive about individual sales numbers.

The data is for investors, not consumers anyways.. the focus on these numbers on gaming forums is more often than not some pathetic fanboy crap.

Playstation is likely to dominate Xbox because it's.. far more popular... the end.
Yeah sure, that is why Xbox stop talking of Xbox one units sold and recently of how many game they sells because is what the companies do.

Also I never said in that post that Playstation will dominate but looks like I touch a nerve.

Note: is not like Samsung hide its number actually is usual its president said how many units they sold/shipping like when the are proud like.
https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung...r_media&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ces2020

Weird right

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

PR smelling bull.

Series S adding new players to Xbox than any previous Xbox consoles.

C’mon MS is not even hiding the lie.
It actually is! And I find it great for my buying intentions.
I'm hearing a lot of people here (sonyland country) annoyed that they can't get PS5s, and they won't until February/March when you can pick one up at a store, XSX is also sold out but XSS there are plenty around. So they are buying the XSS to get a next-gen whiff and selling them as soon as they can get their hands on a ps5.
It's great for me because in February/March I'll easily get a barely used, with still 1.5 years of warranty, XSS for 150-200€ or less (since the used market will be flooded with them).

ethomaz

Banned
It actually is! And I find it great for my buying intentions.
I'm hearing a lot of people here (sonyland country) annoyed that they can't get PS5s, and they won't until February/March when you can pick one up at a store, XSX is also sold out but XSS there are plenty around. So they are buying the XSS to get a next-gen whiff and selling them as soon as they can get their hands on a ps5.
It's great for me because in February/March I'll easily get a barely used, with still 1.5 years of warranty, XSS for 150-200€ or less (since the used market will be flooded with them).
What they claimed is probably impossible to happen.

FunkMiller

You mean the endless insistence that SSD would be a huge difference between the two consoles ( when its not)? I don't think anyone was endlessly insisting anything like you suggest. specifically talking about bullshit as the baseline.

Again, a 1 frame difference. some added tearing, with zero visual difference from the higher quality videos. I still need to see more proof of which held the higher resolution but even still for a dynamic resolution game it doesn't matter much. What I think is happening is you want an argument win so bad there isn't any gap where you won't cheerlead. congrats I guess? we still do not know how optimal these games are ( they typically haven't been ). Actually I know some people at Ubisoft, I can ask them about it to see what they think.

Fuck me. The lack of self awareness and projection is quite something! You’ve consistently been one of the posters on here going on about how much better the XSX will be, based on all the marketing bull you got suckered in by!

aclar00

From how Miles Morales PS5 looks, it should be exciting mate

Thats just how it looks though...gameplay elements are arguably more important as the visual upgrades are expected.

My imagination is pretty limited in this realm, so i cant really think of game design examples outside lack of loading. i.e. Spider-Man seemlessly chasing a bad guy like vulture through the city and into a subway tunnel full of people and then webbing ontoba passing train and proceeding to fight atop it...all in real time with playet control.

The transition from city to tunnel, while able to happen on PS4 would be a 30 sec load...completely changing the immersion.

Hopefully HFB is the last 1st party title to be cross-gen.

THEAP99

Banned
just had my ps5 delivered from walmart i preordered sept 16.

a lizard just crawled out of my ps5, digital. it's like a really small specimen. Be weary of that

EmuALFTXcAAu8bA

it may because the packaging was banged up

EmuAMXuXUAEjGBV

my ps5 just came almost an hour ago. im currenlty letting it air out since it was cold... and a lizard or small specism like creature crawled out of my ps5. it was really small but it was weird and it's gone now but just be wary of that

sircaw

Banned
Fuck me. The lack of self awareness and projection is quite something! You’ve consistently been one of the posters on here going on about how much better the XSX will be, based on all the marketing bull you got suckered in by!

You can't win with these people, like slippery eels.

they know they have done wrong, but they won't man up and accept it. There are loads of them, it's always next week, another review, another game, more drivers, just keep kicking the fucking can down the road.

Today they really got caught with their pants down and i am fucking loving every second of it.

Even LeftThumbstick LeftThumbstick changed his avatar to a sad fish, i have done such a number on him and tbh it feels great.

Whenever i see it now, i am like fuck yer i did that, its like a badge of shame for him. :messenger_grinning:

What a great day this has been.

Can only imagine how many spam reports have been pasted against me today lol. HAHAHAHAHAH

Post edit. And he just changed it again HAHA, what a petty coward. :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

leizzra

It seams that smoke signs coming out of XSX is a thing. Nobody from polish or other media tried to contact with this guy except this youtuber. Problem is real, MS opened a case for that. Moreover there is at least one another smoking XSX in Poland and it is already in the way to MS service. Movie is only in polish, but the guy is explaining how it happend and that he was supprised about how many people seen it. Also the state of people is shameful - he got many hateful messages because everybody were convinced he is lying. Also twitter reply from MS didn't helped.

It seams that smoke signs coming out of XSX is a thing. Nobody from polish or other media tried to contact with this guy except this youtuber. Problem is real, MS opened a case for that. Moreover there is at least one another smoking XSX in Poland and it is already in the way to MS service. Movie is only in polish, but the guy is explaining how it happend and that he was supprised about how many people seen it. Also the state of people is shameful - he got many hateful messages because everybody were convinced he is lying. Also twitter reply from MS didn't helped.

That's super old and has been dismissed as fake.

I have to say the dual sense lived up to the hype for me, to my surprise. Been a long time since it felt like such a huge step forward was made with a controller. Can not wait to see how games use it. It has been the biggest impression for the new gen and great investment by Sony.

I would think XBox will follow with its own version in the future.
Nah brah... I totally read it online that making a new controller with next gen features is totally anti consumer man!

So you see, that can't possibly be true...

:messenger_grinning_squinting:

ethomaz

Banned

I thought only hot girls talked that language :messenger_hushed:

BTW this guy case was know true already... the other video was the fake one.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Yeah sure, that is why Xbox stop talking of Xbox one units sold and recently of how many game they sells because is what the companies do.

Also I never said in that post that Playstation will dominate but looks like I touch a nerve.

Note: is not like Samsung hide its number actually is usual its president said how many units they sold/shipping like when the are proud like.
https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung...r_media&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ces2020

Weird right
Samsung does not release individual sales numbers.. what you linked to is them releasing numbers for a bunch of phones combined... competitors would have to guess which of their half dozen 5g devices represents those sales... and they do that on purpose, as they have plenty to brag about, but want to obscure numbers.

I like how you think I'm the one who has the nerve touched here lol... why in the world do you care about Xbox sales? I don't. I didn't even say anything about why Microsoft in particular doesn't share numbers.. I just contradicted a totally false statement, because.. it's false.

Last edited:

Dolomite

Please don't attempt to spread that Vape-gate shxt here brother. There's enough conspiracies I'm 2020🤦🏾‍♂️

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Oh give me a break.. how can you "interpret" how many consoles are sold? lol
Xbox One 909k sold in 9 days, PS4 sold 1M in 24 hours, yet Xbox One was "the fastest selling console in NA last month".
Microsoft Magic Math™

IntentionalPun

Xbox One 909k sold in 9 days, PS4 sold 1M in 24 hours, yet Xbox One was "the fastest selling console in NA last month".
Microsoft Magic Math™
Yes, that's one way to be tricky with numbers. While stupid, it also wasn't a lie.

MS didn't say anything about "fastest" or any other sort of BS in the announcement yesterday.. they simply said they sold more than any other launch. Likely due to being able to produce more.. and yeah it's probably shipped numbers. None of which makes it a lie.. because.. they could get in massive trouble if they lied, was my only point.. obviously numbers from the week of something launching are shipped numbers.. that's true for every product ever as sold through numbers aren't immediate, and even then, are pretty much always just decent estimates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom