• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Help please

Just got my PS5 and installed Assassins Creed Valhalla (PS4 disc)
But when I go to the game hun to “upgrade” to the ps5 version it’s asking me to pay for the game!!

Is this a glitch and anyway to fix it??? 😭😭😭😭
I believe.

You have to search the game in PS Store... on the game page there is icon on the right "PS5 Upgrade".
That will let you enter in a page called "AC Vanalla Free Digital Upgrade" where you download the patch.

Last edited:
I believe.

You have to search the game in PS Store... on the game page there is icon on the right "PS5 Upgrade".
That will let you enter in a page called "AC Vanalla Free Digital Upgrade" where you download the patch.

Nope nothing other than buy and wish list. No upgrade option 😖😭

LucidFlux

Just unplugged my day 1 PS4 for the last time.

What a ride it has been.

From starting the generation with Killzone and finishing it off with Ghost of Tsushima.

giphy.gif

That reminds me I've still never played KZ:SF. My friend group all picked up COD Ghosts at launch and I didn't feel like I needed 2 shooters at the time. I'll have to pick it up and run through that campaign one of these days.

Our PS4pro still has some use as it's currently the only way we can stream HBO Max. So it'll live on in the family room for a while yet.

Weird but that is the PS4 Disc page and not the Store page.
Try to find the PS5 version of the game in the Store.

Edit - Seems like it could be a bug because it should show in the Disc page too.

aBAiPSx.jpg

ZvE3qWU.jpg

Dead by daylight has the upgrade option but AC doesn’t.
searched for ps5 games only and still asking for £59.99 hmmm

Zimmy68

Another amazing feature of Microsoft that I don't hear too many people talk about.
I bought Watch Dogs Legion from the Best Buy sale when I was at work.
I went to my Xbox app, searched Watch Dogs Legion and clicked "Install to Console".
I picked up the game on my way home, inserted in the Xbox Series X and it was ready to play, no downloading involved.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what voodoo the PS5 is doing but it seems like it downloads full games in like 1/2 hour. The PS4 would take hours to do the same.

Weird but that is the PS4 Disc page and not the Store page.
Try to find the PS5 version of the game in the Store.

Edit - Seems like it could be a bug because it should show in the Disc page too.

Im using uk disc and account

even deleted the full game and inserted disc and got no prompt like the guy in the video got!!
Just asks me to copy disc and the pop up on right asking for £60 no where says free upgrade.

selected all versions of AC and all want payment arrggg

ethomaz

Banned
Im using uk disc and account

even deleted the full game and inserted disc and got no prompt like the guy in the video got!!
Just asks me to copy disc and the pop up on right asking for £60 no where says free upgrade.

selected all versions of AC and all want payment arrggg
Sad about what are you facing... maybe you should open a ticket on Ubisoft or Sony.

BTW same issue posted 1 hour ago:

UK too.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
There is more three guys with the same issue (all UK).
Maybe the patch is not uploaded on Sony UK servers?

Seems like a issue on Sony/Ubisoft side.

The issue seems to be only with Valhalla... others games works fine.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Thanks for help but yeah disc is in and that’s not appearing at all.
Even restarted ps5 and still not appearing 😖
Thanks but that doesn’t pop up at all on mine.

mine is

check for updates
Manage game content
Delete
Information
Intellectual notices
Eject disc

😭

Long shot but have you actually booted the game? Perhaps it needs to see it booted before it will register it that its "owned."

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Long shot but have you actually booted the game? Perhaps it needs to see it booted before it will register it that its "owned."
He can test but the upgrade option should show even before he install the game to PS5 disc.
You actually doesn't need to install the disc version.

Last edited:
I thought this so loaded up the game to title screen and still nothing.
Restarted ps5 and cold boot didn’t work.
Uninstalled game and still nothing arrgg

mitchman

Gold Member
I feel for you my good neighbour.
Same is happening here in Norway. Sites crashing.
I'm currently in a queue for a PS5 before xmas. I pray it wont crash.

Pray with me brothers and sisters 🙏

Edit: Fuck praying. Waited 20 minutes in the queue to receive a message that it is sold out. Fuck it.
Same here and I hit the button to add to cart like 2 seconds after it appeared, constantly refreshing. Currently, May 2021 from komplett for me with a XSX as backup to play Valhalla on right now.

onesvenus

First impressions of the PS5:
- Astro's playground feels like a really bad platformer. I understand it's free but it did nothing for me
- Haptics were so overrated that made my head hurt. If Astro's playground was the prime example of it, those are not really revolutionary. Yes, you can feel different surfaces because the vibration pattern is different but nothing else.
- Triggers are indeed a revolution. Really love the resistance and hope 3rd parties really embrace them
- Installation times are horrible. I installed both Miles Morales and Demon's Souls and it took more than 10 minutes each one. I thought that was a thing of the past but it doesn't seem so.
- Miles Morales seems to be amazing
- Demon's Souls really feels like an old game with a new coat of paint. It looks great, although I expected more

All in all, I think people were really overhyping everything. My friends and me got together last week to try AC:Vallhalla on the XSX and were more impressed. I suppose already having seen games in 4k a week ago really spoiled the next gen jump for us.
It's by no means the huge difference some posters here were saying regarding the XSX.

Don't take me wrong, those two games are great launch titles but reading some posts here it seems like it should feel like a different generation than the XSX

GeneticPencil

Neo Member
See! I told ya all, stick with publishers you are familiar with. This game is so poorly optimized on both platforms. I dot get how a corridor "walking simulator" can have such poor fps. Now you know why they postponed The Medium.

It dropped to 10fps on the XSX at 1080p. The PS5 with RT dropped to 12fps ... and has no 4K mode.
Oh but ethomaz has both the ps5 and the xsx so he knows best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom