• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

R600

Banned
No they guy is saying they r two separate chips . One is called Oberon and one is called Oberon a0 both being worked on by amd
Its not different chip. Oberon is codename - A0 is stepping.

A + number indicates state of chip.

Numbers are small revisions, letters (A0 > B0 for example) are bigger revisions (bug fixes, freq changes etc.)

Why have they fucked up. Their reveal will show amazing looking games and people will be happy. It’s a solid system and better overall than the launch PS4 (comparatively)

Xbox be 100 dollar more for those extra 3TF

Everyone apologize to VFXVeteran VFXVeteran too. He called 9TF on Era and also here.

Although his =GTX 1080 stuff is BS. This is closer to 1080TI / RTX 2070 Super in real world perf.
Lol nothing is confirmed . You guys act like something was confirmed . We don’t even know if this is ps5 or not to begin with . The ram bandwidth is so low at 450 gb/s . I m not sure . Let’s see

Last edited:

R600

Banned
BW seems low IMO as well. Flute has more, but that could be full blown dev kit (40CUs).

Maybe RDNA2 will have better compression and less requirement for BW, like Nvidia, but lets wait and see.

Proelite

could it be that sony was planning 8-9tflops machine which is why they have devid

12 navi 2.0 tflops is rtx 2080ti level

R600

Banned
You don't get to be condescending calling people illiterate then say it's all good when you're wrong. No, it's not.
Well, I am condescending people who bring NOTHING to the topic except calling people fanboys, idiots and laughing stocks. All that I did was posted speculations based on factual info we have, nothing more nothing less. And everytime I did I was called an idiot, so there is that, what can I say but illiterate?

If people dont know what is Oberon, Gonzalo, Flute till now but they still have a nerve to call people names, what should I say to them?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Maybe you should have said that to Tommy Fisher Tommy Fisher

It's not like I am saying all this for the first time.

And you’re still wrong.
14TF PS5 is more realistic than what you’re suggesting.

Why? Because what you’re suggesting has nothing to do with RDNA2.

Next Xbox will be based off the 5800 and PS5 is either based off the 5800 or 5900. There is nothing else that offers Ray-Tracing.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Don't need to cry, its just a plastic box. Remember.
No one should. But sadly, some will, and some are.

Well, I am condescending people who bring NOTHING to the topic except calling people fanboys, idiots and laughing stocks. All that I did was posted speculations based on factual info we have, nothing more nothing less. And everytime I did I was called an idiot, so there is that, what can I say but illiterate?

If people dont know what is Oberon, Gonzalo, Flute till now but they still have a nerve to call people names, what should I say to them?
Problem is you talk like it's facts, when nothing is yet. We're all speculating.

TLZ

Banned
Because I am 100% confident that these are very close to retail specs.

If you have equal or more confidence then let's do a wager.
What's with you and wagers :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't do wagers. I enjoy speculating. And until this very moment, nothing's 100%. Except maybe Xbox SX's 12tf, which some are still doubting whether it's Navi or gcn.

Proelite

All leaks show PS5 12tf and faster then xSeX ... apparent from all the leaks that say the PS5 is 9 TF.

This might not be the answer you're seeking but,
At least two Era people told me that PS5 devkit prior to V-shaped are Vega 64s (~13TF GCN).

R600

Banned
Sony cares about reputation and image .. i think they will avoid talking TF then say its 10 TF and then it will be just below so they dont have to bin so many.
Why didnt they go for 2TF instead of 1.84TF back in 2013?

Tbh I doubt they go that way when designing a console.

TLZ

Banned
This might not be the answer you're seeking but,
At least two Era people told me that PS5 devkit prior to V-shaped are Vega 64s (~13TF GCN).
And why would you trust them?

Also, prior to V-shaped, should be old news no?

Last edited:

Proelite

And why would you trust them?

One is a Sony fan who is well connected, the other works at Activision.

You're saying that you have sources that you don't trust?

If the sources have been reliable in the past, what's wrong with trusting them?

Why do people trust Klee when didn't even have a track record of getting specs right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom