• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolmast3r

The future is coming

At CES 2020 Sony is unveiling a unique vision of the future, bringing creativity and technology together like never before, to unleash new sensations and emotions.

Oh fuck. This sounds like the PS5.
Also, I know I'm grasping at straws here, but that blue background screams "Playstation" to me tbh

What other Sony products are commonly associated with thistype of blue?

Nickolaidas

The future is coming

At CES 2020 Sony is unveiling a unique vision of the future, bringing creativity and technology together like never before, to unleash new sensations and emotions.

See? This is why I know there is no God.

The company I work for gave me 17 days off for Christmas (basically the company closes for 10 days, but I squeezed in some overtime they owed me to make it 17 days.

And when do the 17 days off end? Why, on the 6th of January, of course! And what time is the CES2020 in my country? 3 after midnight (7th of January technically). Which means that the PS5 reveal is 3 hours before I wake up to go to work.

FUCK

THIS

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

8K tvs. Who knows... I was not expecting Microsoft to reveal seX at Games Awards, so Sony could surprise us too, but again Sony will show Bravia 8K TVs or maybe microLED TVs.
After the Wire article I would bet more on specs/price/date reveal to be made by a singing hobo in a metro station that someone "conveniently" recorded on their phone and becomes viral on YT.

Fake

Gold Member
What other Sony products are commonly associated with this type of blue?
I guess none. Bravia and Xperia are black associated. Walk are orange.
After the Wire article I would bet more on specs/price/date reveal to be made by a singing hobo in a metro station that someone "conveniently" recorded on their phone and becomes viral on YT.
I kinda expected a 'PS4 reveal' event for PS5. CES is not that big as Games Awards, at least for the gaming community.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I really don't think so, CES is the world's biggest technology fair. All sorts of electronic stuff is inveiled there. Smartphones, computers, why not videogames?
Different targets I guess. Unless Sony say 'We're showing PS5 news at CES', I dunno if will make a change about the target.

I'll continue to watch CES because I love TVs news. Has nothing to do with games mind you.
Unlike Games Awards. Even Games Awards don't be a show for reveal a new console, the public already are gaming people.

Last edited:

FranXico

Different targets I guess. Unless Sony say 'We're showing PS5 news at CES', I dunno if will make a change about the target.

I'll continue to watch CES because I love TVs news. Has nothing to do with games mind you.
IF they do say anything about the PS5, it will be a teaser with some more details about specs, but nothing specific.

Fake

Gold Member
IF they do say anything about the PS5, it will be a teaser with some more details about specs, but nothing specific.
Its not what I mean. Sony stream the 'Sony CES 2019'. They're not get anybody from surprise because, unless they're previous alert playstation fanbase about 'PS5 news' they could reveal at CES 2020, most of people who will watch the event are after Bravia TVs. Get it?
What could happen is, TV guys gonna watch the stream or gonna go into the CES 2020 in person, Sony will speak about PS5 news, but only gamings sites like IGN, Polygon will get clicks and trafic. Its not the same as Games Awards. Gaming sites don't need to make PR or post about Games Awards because people already go to the event/ watch the streaming expecting games related news because is a gaming event.

Last edited:

xPikYx

The future is coming

giphy.gif

Last edited:

FranXico

Its not what I mean. Sony stream the 'Sony CES 2019'. They're not get anybody from surprise because, unless they're previous alert playstation fanbase about 'PS5 news' they could reveal, most of people who will watch are after Bravia TVs. Get it?
What could happen is, TV guys gonna watch, Sony speak about PS5 news, but only gamings sites like IGN, Polygon will get clicks and trafic. Its not the same as Games Awards. Gaming sites don't need to make PR or post about Games Awards because people already go to the event/ watch the streaming because is a gaming event.
Oh I understood you meant that. I'm also skeptical about a CES showing. I just conceded the possibility up to a point, and only quoted you to continue the 3-way conversation. Sorry.

Fake

Gold Member
Oh I understood you meant that. I'm also skeptical about a CES showing. I just conceded the possibility up to a point, and only quoted you to continue the 3-way conversation. Sorry.
No problem. There is a possibility of PS5 news, maybe related to TVs like 8k, 120hz, HDMI 2.1, etc...

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
AFAIK i don't believe so, but I didn't believe phil spencer was revealing series x at the gaming awards either
Makes a bit more sense since its gaming focused but yeah who knows. It would be cheaper to put them together VS having a separate show.

xPikYx

I believe that what matters is the audience of a particular show/event, is the audience is big enough they could reveal ps5. AFAIK is one of the biggest technology shows of the year

xPikYx

Makes a bit more sense since its gaming focused but yeah who knows. It would be cheaper to put them together VS having a separate show.
It depends on Sony's plans, what target they expect ps5 to be purchased from. If tgey believe ps5 is a nice piece of tech, the CES is good to go, probably much more followed of any private event they could organize themselves, and with a bigger audience than e3 too

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It depends on Sony's plans, what target they expect ps5 to be purchased from. If tgey believe ps5 is a nice piece of tech, the CES is good to go, probably much more followed of any private event they could organize themselves, and with a bigger audience than e3 too
How has CES been in terms of big announcements lately? I have to admit I don't follow it like I used to but I wonder if that's the same for others?

demigod

CES it is. And the leakers were all wrong lol

I still believe Sony will have their own reveal in February. Don't expect too much from CES for PS5 news.

Its not what I mean. Sony stream the 'Sony CES 2019'. They're not get anybody from surprise because, unless they're previous alert playstation fanbase about 'PS5 news' they could reveal at CES 2020, most of people who will watch the event are after Bravia TVs. Get it?
What could happen is, TV guys gonna watch the stream or gonna go into the CES 2020 in person, Sony will speak about PS5 news, but only gamings sites like IGN, Polygon will get clicks and trafic. Its not the same as Games Awards. Gaming sites don't need to make PR or post about Games Awards because people already go to the event/ watch the streaming expecting games related news because is a gaming event.

Agreed.

Norse

See? This is why I know there is no God.

The company I work for gave me 17 days off for Christmas (basically the company closes for 10 days, but I squeezed in some overtime they owed me to make it 17 days.

And when do the 17 days off end? Why, on the 6th of January, of course! And what time is the CES2020 in my country? 3 after midnight (7th of January technically). Which means that the PS5 reveal is 3 hours before I wake up to go to work.

FUCK

THIS
Or there is a God and you're already in hell! LoL

saintjules

Gold Member
New decade, New ways to present information. Wired Articles, Tweets, I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about PS5 here. The question is, how much?

It would be a bit bizarre if their future big Console doesn't even get a mention at CES. Rolling the dice here.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

base

Banned
I just ordered a custom pc based on ryzen 5 and radeon 5700. Should I return it?

P.s: nah, I had Ps3 and ps4 and they promised alot of things. Not gonna happen again.

I don't think its fair to throw a whole fan base with those who have 4 posts who are clearly trolling. I think most are accepting of what is going on now. The trolls are having their fun now since the devices are so close and no one fucked up there won't be fun to be had like 2013 so they are having it now.

Yeah

Thats the reason why I told It might be a minority group
The future is coming

I have Said
The future is coming

It Will be more about PlayStation accessories (controller and vr2), maybe ssd demonstrativos

I would not expect much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom