• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLZ

Banned
Scarlett reveal trailer

320bit bus 14Gbps chips - 560GB/s

560/12TF - 46.6GB/s per TF

Oberon 256bit bus 14Gbps - 448GB/s

448/9.3TG - 48.1GB/s per TF

Fits very well. These are your consoles people lol
But he didn't mention anything about a console having 12tf. He said both A0 and B0 are similar specs. If we're assuming he means PS5 and Xbox SX.

R600

Banned
But he didn't mention anything about a console having 12tf. He said both A0 and B0 are similar specs. If we're assuming he means PS5 and Xbox SX.
No, he said A0 and B0 Oberon chip have same specs.

A0 and B0 are just revisions of same chip.

I am talking about wgat MS showed with Scarlet reveal. 320bit bus with 14Gbps chips and now confirmed (?) 12TF brings pretty much same TF per GB/s number as leaked Oberon specs (9.3TF, 256bit bus on 14Gbps chips).

This is important as Sony and MS use same tech for GPUs and will shot for same GB/s per TF number. When you do the math, MS just went abit over board with it and thats why you see PC tower like console.

PS5 will still pull 215W from wall so certainly more then ANY PS at time of releaae.

Last edited:
We may never be given the full clock speeds and tflops numbers. If they are moving away from flops as a mark of power, it might just be never spoken of.
In the old days it was all about how many polygons a console put out, now no one talks about polygons. Flops may go the same way.

Aceofspades

Banned

Difference between PS5 and Xbox shouldn't be that big. Lets assume that this news is true and PS5 is 9.2TF (RDNA) . Until now only thing MS confirmed is twice GPU power of X which falls exactly within the 9TF RDNA, they even refused to answer DF when asked specifically about clarification on this.

MS tactic can blow up majorly in their face if Xbox ends up less than 12TF RDNA.

I can't wait to see how this saga will unfold 🤣

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Still team 10 range for both.

10 range lines up more with 2x the X1X GPU than 12 does taking into account GCN ~ RDNA.

Now if “over 2x X1X” was said, then I would buy into being over 10 more.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
No, he said A0 and B0 Oberon chip have same specs.

A0 and B0 are just revisions of same chip.

I am talking about wgat MS showed with Scarlet reveal. 320bit bus with 14Gbps chips and now confirmed (?) 12TF brings pretty much same TF per GB/s number as leaked Oberon specs (9.3TF, 256bit bus on 14Gbps chips).

This is important as Sony and MS use same tech for GPUs and will shot for same GB/s per TF number. When you do the math, MS just went abit over board with it and thats why you see PC tower like console.

PS5 will still pull 215W from wall so certainly more then ANY PS at time of releaae.
But then I guess this should confirm both consoles have 9.2tf Navi, which is in turn double the performance of Xbox One X's 6tf GCN as mentioned in DF's video, which Phil approved in a way.

Last edited:
Difference between PS5 and Xbox shouldn't be that big. Lets assume that this news is true and PS5 is 9.2TF (RDNA) . Until now only thing MS confirmed is twice GPU power of X which falls exactly within the 9TF RDNA, they even refused to answer DF when asked specifically about clarification on this.

MS tactic can blow up majorly in their face if Xbox ends up less than 12TF RDNA.

I can't wait to see how this saga will unfold 🤣
Richard Ledbetters source is RDNA, said as much as today, i broke that this news would be broken. The original sources were ironclad brother. Its rnda. Sony is rnda.

And you’re still wrong.
14TF PS5 is more realistic than what you’re suggesting.

Why? Because what you’re suggesting has nothing to do with RDNA2.

Next Xbox will be based off the 5800 and PS5 is either based off the 5800 or 5900. There is nothing else that offers Ray-Tracing.

Ps5 being 12f or more Will be a Death sentence for far too many people here.

I dont want to be in their skin

My guess is XSX is slightly more powerful than the PS5, although the difference is being overstated in forums at the moment. So, Sony will end up with a mid-tier console that is pretty close to the most powerful. If they price it right, it could have the best power to cost ratio.
But then again, they are not being funded by a monopoly. Time will tell.
Thats what i'm saying, MS need to beat Sony on the TF count, even if they loose money.
It would make zero sense for Sony to release a 9 TF console, while MS drops a 12 TF console in the same month. That $100 difference (in a lower price) wouldn't be worth it. And no way RT and 4K would work in 9 TF console.
I don't think MS console is 12TF RDNA, why wouldn't 4k or RT work on a 9TF console ?
36x64x2x2(GHZ) = 9.3TF
40x64x2x2(GHZ) = 10.2TF
⬇⬇⬇
5800 Lite (APU) = next gen consoles (5700xt + RT) +/- 10%.
And you’re still wrong.
14TF PS5 is more realistic than what you’re suggesting.

Why? Because what you’re suggesting has nothing to do with RDNA2.

Next Xbox will be based off the 5800 and PS5 is either based off the 5800 or 5900. There is nothing else that offers Ray-Tracing.

you're a lost cause....
14? Really?

Oh baby Jesus... lol
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA.
OK. So the bet below 10TF you win and above 10TF I win. That sound fair?
Why are you cheating ?
yep. For the retail PS5. The devkit is currently 10.24TF.
Don't take his bet.
If the PS5 comes at just over 9TF the internet will implode. Holy shit.

And I'll be extremely disappointed. That would make the XSX 30% more powerful.
There is no such thing as 30% are you crazy ?
Don't trust everything you read.
Sony cares about reputation and image .. i think they will avoid talking TF then say its 10 TF and then it will be just below so they dont have to bin so many.
Sony has a huge fan base so whatever they do it's gonna be fine, they have good exclusives.
Well, at the end of the day it all comes down to the price they're targeting.
Yes.
More realistic than 8-9TF.
I’m team 12TF.
You are all over the place.
wait, whatabout the 14 tho? lol
lol.
I already quoted you.
I’m team 12TF. The base hardware for RDNA2 doesn’t fall below 10 which is why 14 is more realistic.
Which is it then ?
14 ?
Or this one

Yep, for me next gen Ram is between 16/20Gb.

LKJrQC.jpg
Where did you get that x3 ?
Fucking HBM again...Can't wait for both reveal the specs
lol did you miss that 80CU ? lol + HBM

Will kinda be disappointed in a 30% difference!
not happening.

lol you alway late with those posts, lol you missed that one too.
5800 Lite (APU) = next gen consoles (5700xt + RT) +/- 10%.
APU (5700xt + RT) +/- 10%
Ram 16/20
Don't forget that Sony might launch 2 consoles like MS.

LKJrQC.jpg

Imagine If true, How much of a troll Sony would be against the haters, making them think 36CUs is true and underpowered, but not exaclty lol

But who knows... Maybe It hás only 36CUs and this third clock is the New dual gpu and secret sauce bs, maybe none of You guys really know anything about cus amount.

The psm Will be fucking amazing I am sure about it

onQ123

Imagine If true, How much of a troll Sony would be against the haters, making them think 36CUs is true and underpowered, but not exaclty lol

But who knows... Maybe It hás only 36CUs and this third clock is the New dual gpu and secret sauce bs, maybe none of You guys really know anything about cus amount.

The psm Will be fucking amazing I am sure about it

That post was from the beginning of the year just a wild speculation before Navi was revealed my guess would be that PS5 is going to use a big Navi chip with over 48CUs

So, are we looking at 9 to 10 RDNA TFlops on both..... so 12 to 13 TFlops of old GCN, as quoted from the Sex reveal?
So you think engineers multiple the theoretical flops of a given GPU, and then estimate how much more efficient the card is, then add that factor in to then give a rating?
No, otherwise the RDNA cards released by AMD would have had that same rubbish estimate put on them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom