• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what i'm saying, MS need to beat Sony on the TF count, even if they loose money.

I don't think MS console is 12TF RDNA, why wouldn't 4k or RT work on a 9TF console ?

⬇⬇⬇

you're a lost cause....

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA.

Why are you cheating ?

Don't take his bet.

There is no such thing as 30% are you crazy ?
Don't trust everything you read.

Sony has a huge fan base so whatever they do it's gonna be fine, they have good exclusives.

Yes.

You are all over the place.

lol.

Which is it then ?
14 ?

Yep, for me next gen Ram is between 16/20Gb.

Where did you get that x3 ?

lol did you miss that 80CU ? lol + HBM

not happening.

lol you alway late with those posts, lol you missed that one too.

APU (5700xt + RT) +/- 10%
Ram 16/20
Don't forget that Sony might launch 2 consoles like MS.

I had it up on Twitter. Was i late to telling this is what you will all be talking about two weeks ago after 12 tflop news? Lol

Imtjnotu

Cache Bandwidth (test) : (WGP=18, SA=4) (Write) - THOERITICAL : 2084 GB/s - ACHIEVED Ariel_B0 : 1556 GB/s - ACHIEVED Oberon A0 : 1654 GB/s Comments: "Full chip result. Already fixed in Oberon, the perf can reach 82% with the fix and the perf is accepted by Jimshed.Mirz

I have no idea what any of this means
That one like of code says Oberon GDDR6 but those number suggest hbm. So it goes back to that leak that it will have GDDR6 and hbm in ps5. Wtf

MadAnon

36CUs will also allow a possible simple mid gen refresh solution on 5nm node with 2x36CUs. Similar to how Ps4 pro was made

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I would say a 7nm revision is now a day late and a dollar short. Sales have now started to tank for current gen and don't know if there is a market for it. Can't be cheap to make a 7nm chip, either?

It will cost no more to make a 7nm version of the PS4/Pro due to wafer costs. It will probably save since you get more for your money per wafer.

It will also lower the price and move more units, just like the PS2 era and be sold along side the PS5 in the same PSN ecosystem.

Saturation and price are causing sales to slow. Have a permanent $100 drop and they will fly off the shelves.

Last edited:
I had it up on Twitter. Was i late to telling this is what you will all be talking about two weeks ago after 12 tflop news? Lol
I was reffering at the tweet you posted here, you got beat by someone else who posted it before you for the second time.
I was never team 12TF RDNA in the first place, nothing concrete, just random guesses from random insiders and i don't follow that, got my own opinion on the matter.
chillout.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Do you think they'll talk about anything PS5 related there?

Nothing substantial, probably drop another nugget, but I would be pleasantly surprised if more than that.

I would also laugh if these were more related to desktop/laptop parts to be announced there.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

It will cost no more to make a 7nm version of the PS4/Pro due to wafer costs. It will probably save since you get more for your money per wafer.

It will also lower the price and move more units, just like the PS2 era and be sold along side the PS5 in the same PSN ecosystem.

Saturation and price are causing sales to slow. Have a permanent $100 drop and they will fly off the shelves.

I'm not too sure. It took a 99€ Xbox SADE to invigorate sales briefly in the EU and PS4 has even slowed down a lot over the last year. It is already sold at around £200 with a game or two so not sure they can reduce that much more. I can't see either Sony or Microsoft giving themselves another console to try and market along with next-gen.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Look. I want you guys to please respect me when I say i'll wait for Klee before trusting someone who has a proven track record (_rogame).

I would buy the fuck out of a 9TF ps5 or Xbox. I'll buy the refresh 3 years later day 1. Why?

Because I get that bread.

Don't worry it's still a major leap, we would never imagined something like Ryzen would be possible on Consoles before, add to that a 9-10TF GPU.
Next gen gonna be good.
Nope.
But 12tf vs 9tf.....
Yup.

Xbox wont be 12TF RDNA, as of NOW nothing concrete.
PS5 & Xbox would be 10% difference max (if there is any difference)
We don't know that, like, at all. As you said nothing is concrete.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm not too sure. It took a 99€ Xbox SADE to invigorate sales briefly in the EU and PS4 has even slowed down a lot over the last year. It is already sold at around £200 with a game or two so not sure they can reduce that much more. I can't see either Sony or Microsoft giving themselves another console to try and market along with next-gen.

What do you mean? I see PS4 at $300 everywhere. Only hits $200 with holiday deals for only a week tops and they sell out instantly.

$200 perm drop will make a difference, for sales and profit. We are not talking about the first 3-4 years, but enough to keep the numbers more sustainable.

Much easier this time around to keep them on the shelves for another couple of years, since they will share the ecosystem and compatibility.

Last edited:
I was reffering at the tweet you posted here, you got beat by someone else who posted it before you for the second time.
I was never team 12TF RDNA in the first place, nothing concrete, just random guesses from random insiders and i don't follow that, got my own opinion on the matter.
chillout.
Im chill man . 12navi tflop chill

THE:MILKMAN

What do you mean? I see PS4 at $300 everywhere. Only hits $200 with holiday deals for only a week tops and they sell out instantly.

$200 perm drop will make a difference, for sales and profit. We are not talking about the first 3-4 years, but enough to keep the numbers more sustainable.

Much easier this time around to keep them on the shelves for another couple of years, since they will share the ecosystem and compatibility.

Maybe in the US it could work but I'm in the UK. Bundle deals are £200 here. Not much room to get pricing lower given 20% VAT and at least a £40 game included. So less incentive for Sony to do a 7nm revision is my logic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom