• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I don't see people with RTX 3080/3090 going into forums to say the PC is more powerful than the consoles
:LOL:, that is not like what happens ever... you see tons of PCMR entering threads where some excited console owner beats their chest about the graphics of the exclusive game on their consoles and trying to take them down a notch. More often than not it is on PS threads as not all their exclusives go day and date on PC so there is a bit of insecurity/envy added on top.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
I see too much FUD here. If people really thought that PS5 is more powerful than Series X they wouldn't be here fighting to try and prove it. I don't see people with RTX 3080/3090 going into forums to say the PC is more powerful than the consoles, because it clearly is. When you are sure of something you do not need to reaffirm yourself in others.

I Get It Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Dibils2k

That's awesome. Can't stand "world premiere" sideline on Xbox conference.
i dont get how anyone can say this after the year we had without E3... such lack of hype and excitement, things spread out way too much with not enough sufficient content in each

E3 coming back will be the best thing ever, and sony need to stop being cheap little shits and join back in

Last edited:

Dibils2k

That's the thing. People need to chill a little on the console warring. Look, it IS impressive that the stronger machine on paper, isn't consistently outperforming the lesser. That's a big deal, so people are going to talk about it. Obviously, it comes down to the overall system design, not just the specs on paper and that's what we're seeing.
its also due to PS being the dev console... so will always be more polished

Unless you get an American made ak-47. Which is ironic.

I really would love an imported ak-47 unfortunately some import laws prevent us from getting the best ones.
Probably has to do with helping the American arms manufacturers, same way that most Japanese cars like Nissan skyline are banned, seems you can't have a lot of good stuff in the us.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Probably has to do with helping the American arms manufacturers, same way that most Japanese cars like Nissan skyline are banned, seems you can't have a lot of good stuff in the us.
Thought the original Skyline was due to the fact that Nissan didn’t want to swap the right side drive in mass production. The GTR has no issues here.

Last edited:
Thought the original Skyline was due to the fact that Nissan didn’t want to swap the right side drive in mass production. The GTR has no issues here.
Here's all the info you need, it wasn't labour right side drive it's always about the money brav.

LXEFlDp.jpg
oZhxIGX.jpg
0fPgx5p.png

Mr Moose

So if the resolutions were swapped and thus the XSX had the (significantly) higher frame rate, Team Sony would call a win for the XSX?

Dr Evil Whatever GIF
I'd take pretty effects and resolution, but with that demo it's a constant drop in fps on the Series consoles, and it has dynamic resolution, that res figure is the highest and it won't reach it often.
People flip flop around a lot to declare a win, either performance matters most or resolution does. I play Immortals and Assassin's Creed in Resolution mode.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Here's all the info you need, it wasn't labour right side drive it's always about the money brav.

LXEFlDp.jpg
oZhxIGX.jpg
0fPgx5p.png
So why didn’t Nissan just release them through the regular full production market instead of the grey market?

assurdum

Banned
So if the resolutions were swapped and thus the XSX had the (significantly) higher frame rate, Team Sony would call a win for the XSX?

Dr Evil Whatever GIF
If I can say, it's quite a bizzarre situation. The lowest resolution is around the 14% resolution higher on series X (so the gap expected in the GPU) but still we see a FPS more fluctuant. It's quite weird to see the game push dynamic higher resolution around the 32% of more pixels, just why? I really don't get it

Last edited:
If I can say, it's quite a bizzarre situation. The lowest resolution is around the 14% resolution higher on series X (so the gap expected in the GPU) but still we see a FPS more fluctuant. It's quite weird to see the game push dynamic higher resolution around the 32% of more pixels, just why? I really don't get it
Maybe the devs tested the game on a VRR capable tv and didn't see the drops.

(semi tongue-in-cheek)

So why didn’t Nissan just release them through the regular full production market instead of the grey market?
Man the us simply didn't want those imports I'm sure there's ways they'll find to ban them, the elephant in the room is always money... it's why 5g and huawei are banned. There's no china spies bullshit, it's why ak47s are depicted as an inacurrate gun for villains in films and western media this is just propaganda to help western arms manufacturers. It's the ford vs ferrari the xbox vs PlayStation.

🤣🤣🤣 the us are good at marketing and propaganda it's how they run their corporate culture. We see this everyday here's with people singing velocity architecture sampler feedback and 12 teraflops while Sony are quiet. And actually have the better engineered machine.

Last edited:

Loope

:LOL:, that is not like what happens ever... you see tons of PCMR entering threads where some excited console owner beats their chest about the graphics of the exclusive game on their consoles and trying to take them down a notch. More often than not it is on PS threads as not all their exclusives go day and date on PC so there is a bit of insecurity/envy added on top.
It's good that PC players are the only ones feeling insecure about game graphics that some random person deems as the "best looking" while the rest of the random people agree on because they have the same console and exclusive game, which by means of being exclusive it's not possible to compare to any other platform.

The threads about some random xbox game being shited on at first sight, is also just wrong perception, or shoud i say persecution complex like many like to categorize over here. Except, of course, when it's the PC gamers talking about their exclusive precious game, then it's not persecuption complex anymore.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It's good that PC players are the only ones feeling insecure about game graphics that some random person deems as the "best looking" while the rest of the random people agree on because they have the same console and exclusive game, which by means of being exclusive it's not possible to compare to any other platform.
...which is kind of why I said it is not just insecurity but envy ;).

The threads about some random xbox game being shited on at first sight, is also just wrong perception, or shoud i say persecution complex like many like to categorize over here.
So your way to hand wave that claim you are raising about persecution complex is playing the victim card?!?

Except, of course, when it's the PC gamers talking about their exclusive precious game, then it's not persecuption complex anymore.
How many buttons did I touch there by the way? Just being flippant and dismissive does not make you right and the things you hand wave away non existent. PCMR entering a console exclusive threads to take the console peasants down a notch and teach them how more powerful and bestest their system is... well, you are welcome to keep on warring and ignore it. Fill your boots...

Last edited:

chilichote

Xbox Series X uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 3456x1944 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2261x1272. On Xbox Series X a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160.

Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 2304x1296 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1536x864. On Xbox Series S a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160.

PS5 uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 3008x1692 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2112x1188. On PS5 a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160.

The native rendering resolution changes often on PS5 and Xbox Series X. The native rendering resolution on Xbox Series S seems to usually be below 1920x1080.

Last edited:

Godfavor

The PS5 is the most revolutionary console we've seen in a very long time. There's nothing "brute force" about it's design approach and an unbiased, objective look at the fact that a 10TF console with a 300+mmsq die is consistently beating a 12TF 360mmsq console in real games should tell you very clearly which one is the more elegant, more efficient console design.

Personal opinions are pretty irrelevant in the face of what the real life evidence demonstrates.

That said, both consoles are excellently designed and built machines. So no one should be disappointed in either.

LoL what? You have to check performance vs power consumption if you want to know which console "brute force" more than the other.

RockOn

I think its fud. I’m running a owc m.2 enclosure on my pc that’s smaller than the size of the ps5 space with no big fan sitting next to it. I’m having no problems. Also think of all the laptops running the same type of ssd with less space than ps5. It’s all fud.
The PS5 Fan unlock is due too 3rd party SSD having different designs(some have heatsinks, some don't)(so will have different running temps)

Loope

...which is kind of why I said it is not just insecurity but envy ;).

So your way to hand wave that claim you are raising about persecution complex is playing the victim card?!?

How many buttons did I touch there by the way? Just being flippant and dismissive does not make you right and the things you hand wave away non existent. PCMR entering a console exclusive threads to take the console peasants down a notch and teach them how more powerful and bestest their system is... well, you are welcome to keep on warring and ignore it. Fill your boots...
I'm the one handwaving? Victim of what exactly? I don't own any console. I see xbox players complaining about sony gamers shit on threads as soon as it opens and it's met with persecuption complex accusations. If it's a pc gamer barging into a sony thread then it's already a bad thing, or envy or insecurity. Envy of what exactly?

And i'm the one handwaving, right....We all know where your alliegances lie.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm the one handwaving?
Yes.

Victim of what exactly? I don't own any console. I see xbox players complaining about sony gamers shit on threads as soon as it opens and it's met with persecuption complex accusations. If it's a pc gamer barging into a sony thread then it's already a bad thing, or envy or insecurity. Envy of what exactly?
What is your point here exactly? Are you white knighting for the oppressed Xbox fans (considering the front page in the last few days is overblown Sony FUD, this is quite rich), the bismirched PCMR, or just keeping the Sony fans in check?
And i'm the one handwaving, right....We all know where your alliegances lie.
We == ?... is it you or others were not following a strict line where the worst criticism that can be levied is “it could be mega awesome, but it was only super great”?

Is the allegiance part the one where one would invest in the other ecosystem just to troll people on a forum? Oh well 🤷‍♂️. See, that is how you want to see things... allegiances and warring perhaps?

Loope

Yes.

What is your point here exactly? Are you white knighting for the oppressed Xbox fans (considering the front page in the last few days is overblown Sony FUD, this is quite rich), the bismirched PCMR, or just keeping the Sony fans in check?

We == ?... is it you or others were not following a strict line where the worst criticism that can be levied is “it could be mega awesome, but it was only super great”?

Is the allegiance part the one where one would invest in the other ecosystem just to troll people on a forum? Oh well 🤷‍♂️. See, that is how you want to see things... allegiances and warring perhaps?
My point is simple. Sony fans (like you) are the first to cry about the PCMR guys, when in fact they are the absolute worse on this forum. Go to any MS thread, Nintendo thread and the 1st few pages is filled with the usual suspects throwing shit all over the place, but when PC gamers do the same they're the first ones complaining.

In fact, even if a PCMR (like you called it, i personally think of it as a stupid acronym) is right on a technical point of view, the deflection is usually that they don't have that exclusive or that PC doesn't have games that "look better" which is not subjective at all. You can say i'm handwaving, but you're the one doing so, if you can't see this blatant behaviour from Sony fans. We can agree to disagree, i won't change my opinion on it.

As for the FUD threads, you can check my replies and see for yourself if i'm trolling them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The PS5 Fan unlock is due too 3rd party SSD having different designs(some have heatsinks, some don't)(so will have different running temps)
They are more than likely also working with select manufacturers to have licensed ones on the market to keep a certain design consistency, just like they did last gen for SSD/HDDs as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom