• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
where are all those wannabe MS Rogues all of a sudden? Vanished?
giphy.gif

crawled back under their Stones or what?

Racer!

@XcloudTimdog and I spoke to Penello for a long time at E3 a couple of years ago when he was still with MS; so he knows what he's talking about.

He knew the PS5 specs at E3 two years ago. Thats some magic :messenger_poop: right there!

Have been following the build up to console launches since the 90`s. Back then, the discussions were intelligent. This year, its like watching a Rowan Atkinson movie. Great fun though.

Last edited:
That clown turns this thread into quite a circus. Kinda 2012-2013 all over again.

you talk about me? I barely posted anything here.. What did put this Thread back to 2012\2013 was that pathetic Assassination Attempt last night. Shit was orchestrated. Now that their "info" is recognised as substandart and false they are gone..

Primordialform

Neo Member
Matt posted this gif:

RZQl6qc.gif

In response to this post:

i'm still catching up on this thread, and perhaps my "xbot" card will be revoked for saying this, but what seems to best fit all the credible (imo) information is 9.2 TF ps5 and a 9.x TF xsx. i have no reason not to doubt this latest amd dump, as well as previous leaks from insiders stating both consoles are extremely close. We have some (imo) VERY vague xsx is 2x x1x talk from MS, which i think can be argued a 9.x TF rdna gpu IS 2x as powerful as x1x. both manufactureres (iirc) have downplayed gpu increases over last gen and prefer the conversation to be about ssd and cpu upgrades. next gen speculation seems to ALWAYS end up lower then what is expected. yup, i'm in team 9 TF RDNA for both and am a bit disappointed. i'm sure when we see the games though it'll all be fine :)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
there are several theories actually. all of them really out there but not exactly unsourced.

oberon could be the second cheaper ps5 sku to launch alongside the big navi console we have been hearing about from industry insiders and reporters

no rt, no vrs, just a simple 1080p console for the masses.

or oberon is just a cpu+gpu die that totals 300mm2. hardware rt cores along with i/o controllers or whatever fancy shit you need for vrs might be on a separate chip.

or oberon could be one half of the ps5 gpu. yes, dual gpus are back and this time they might not even be in the power brick. spinningbirdkick's 18 tflops dream lives!

Fake

Gold Member
Even Resetera is starting to accept with the idea of 9.2tf for PS5.
From both system mind you. And you and some folks here in this thread spamming that 'datamine' tweet like no end are getting luck because in the other forum and reddit... Well, they're not getting the same luck.

Last edited:
To sim up:

- Lockhart has more bandwich than the PS5 according to the leaks

- Cerny, the author of PS5 itself, hás no Idea how his own creation is all about, since the "leak" denies the existance of a based hardware Ray tracing properties, wich he claimed to be there on ps5 gpu

How retard the TimDog crew can get with ALL theses infos take into account ? Lmao

bitbydeath

To sim up:

- Lockhart has more bandwich than the PS5 according to the leaks

- Cerny, the author of PS5 itself, hás no Idea how his own creation is all about, since the "leak" denies the existance of a based hardware Ray tracing properties, wich he claimed to be there on ps5 gpu

How retard the TimDog crew can get with ALL theses infos take into account ? Lmao

Let’s not forget PS5 has two GPU’s at 36CU each. What a time to be alive.

Let’s not forget PS5 has two GPU’s at 36CU each. What a time to be alive.

Man, seriously, the TimDog retarted crew made so much biased assumptions about PS4 with these code names Komachi or whatever is his name pubblished that sounds straight out sick fanboyism

The Guy under the blue name doesnt even suggest an under 9.2tf rdna, he straight out said ps5 was a fucking 8tf gcn or old rdna without any Ray tracing technology.

How much of a sick fanboy troll You can be to support that and treat Sony as being this amatuer after so much ownage Xbox got from Sony during ALL theses years ?

Cerny clearly claimed Ray tricing accelerators in ps5 gpu to a big, importante gaming website so How the fuck those tests can fit into what is definetly being purpposed for ps5 since a long time ? It doesnt make any sense that Sony would not invest in a gpu powerful enough with mordern architecture to support the most hyped up gaming tech of ALL times, specially when Cerny straight out said its there so no need for needless troll discussion.

If PS5 gpu ends up being equeivalent or even slightly better (according to some insiders and myself) than the series X, TimDog/MisterXMedia should be absolutely banned forever from any gaming discussion community for being an agitator who hás nothing to add other than flames, drama, useless troll posts from many of his accounts popping up out of nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom