• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpachii

This is only true if an application was programmed to be compatible with a software abstraction layer, which PS4 wasn't. I think SONY's problems with backwards compatibility is because they let developers program their game to the metal, which makes it harder to make a new architecture compatible with PS4 games.

PS4 isn't? pretty sure it runs a os on the background right? that's a massive fucked for sony then if they didn't do it.

Last edited:

Reindeer

He's saying that 2Ghz is not happening it they are going with 36 CUs. Seems like he's learning towards there being a redesign.

Last edited:

Norse

Devs have the target specs but what if those targets aren't reached?

In other words, insiders may have target specs for both systems but that doesn't mean both will meet those targets.

Last edited:

StrongGuy

Cost would be a more likely explanation, yes. Goes without saying, bringing clock speeds up to 2GHz would lead to more expenses for cooling though.

Yes, this seems like a ridiculous compromise on SONY's end, wouldn't you say? Why the hell would Cerny do this, and why wouldn't the other engineers speak up about about this asshat design?
This decision may be even worse than Xbox ONE's eSRAM.

Last edited:
Yes, this seems like a ridiculous compromise on SONY's end, wouldn't you say? Why the hell would Cerny do this, and why wouldn't the other engineers speak up about about this asshat design?
This decision may be even worse than Xbox ONE's eSRAM.

I doubt any decision could top that in abstract. LOL

Although, the big mistake was Kinect, including it in the box caused the dev team to build a box based on a lower price point than Sony. With budgets this tight, even $40 or $50 could make a huge difference.

With both companies focusing on the consoles, the only way the specs get crazy different is if the price points are different.

Nickolaidas

Imtjnotu

1t7j.gif

Last edited:

Mass Shift

Devs have the target specs but what if those targets aren't reached?

In other words, insiders may have target specs for both systems but that doesn't mean both will meet those targets.

But that's what the insiders have. Their assumptions are based on dev kits and target specs.

I'm leaving enough room for this whole thing to go south. Because if turns out in the end that nobody knew just wtf they were talking about I'll have nobody to blame but myself for getting carried away with all these TF Teams.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Do you think people will still think the AMD leak was real after it gets proven wrong?
You have one side saying this is it and Sony is going for a $399 model...

But then you have some credible insiders saying they'll be similar. Even with the leaks we have now, you have OsirisBlack stating with confidence that they'll be similar.

We don't know what these credible insiders know or what they have heard, so everyone might as well wait and see what happens when the official specs are revealed.

What I would like to see when the official specs are revealed?

People comeback and apologize. I know there might be some insiders & fans who will probably disappear.

HarryKS

Quite incredible how many websites of a certain repute like Tom's Hardware are spreading rumours as if they were gospel. Off of such little evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom