• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reindeer

Seems like people are starting to accept that 9.2TF is a real possibility and things seem to be calming down.

But if what OsirisBlack says it's correct, then things are going to get really crazy. This is mainly due to the fact that people are shouting victory well before anything has been officially announced.
Actually I think most people are doubting it's 9 tflops and believe that info is outdated. The ones that are really running are Xbox fanboys and of course media are reporting it.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Everyone knows someone that knows someone, That's how all of this works. I trust DF when it comes to games analysis but that is as far as that trust goes, I know who butters their bread. I am as confident as I was when I said the new Ghosts of Tsushima stuff looked awesome (only for it to be shown a few days later) as I am about the PS5 having better Ray tracing and being a bit more powerful. I also maintain my confidence about XSEX having a very good and diverse GAMES library this time around. It wont just be hey look Forza, Halo, Gears and more Forza. (Ultra Combo) Just as confident as I was that the actual XSEX box was in fact finished. (only for that to be shown a bit later as well). I'm even more confident that all of the this system is better than yours and industry bias towards certain companies is going to play out very differently this time around, as unfortunately things are going to get very Sony FFVII = Nintendo and SE relationship around here very soon.

Last thing, it was insinuated earlier that MS could basically just dump money into R and D and throw money at the problem including taking losses in order to have a better machine. That is NOT how any of this works. The higher ups within MS have been looking at their games division and trying to figure out how to "Trim the fat." for quite some time. This years profits are up (Largely due to their XboxLive) but only by a very small margin. I believe 10% ill look and edit to make sure. But they cant just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks. They NEED this machine to be successful and need to at least win the majority of the US market share.

The pastor never lets the congregation play with the church's money.
How sure are you of this?

-kb-

edit: responded to the wrong person. I meant to respond to it_wasn't_me about the 3 years ago stuff.

That was wishful thinking based on my unrealistic expectation of getting zen in xbox one x after speaking to someone at xbox fanfest who made it sound like they were doing something it (hell, perhaps they were, but I was a little too early expecting it in xbox one x)

This is different and VERY realistic. Zen in Xbox One X was a long shot. I knew that, but one I kept hoping would happen anyway. Not the same thing remotely. RDNA2 is far more realistic and I firmly believe is happening and will be announced quite soon.

Once RDNA2 is announced we can check too see if any changes (cache, etc) line up with the GitHub leaks for sparkman / arden but everything I've seen so far matches navi.

Tiago07

Everyone knows someone that knows someone, That's how all of this works. I trust DF when it comes to games analysis but that is as far as that trust goes, I know who butters their bread. I am as confident as I was when I said the new Ghosts of Tsushima stuff looked awesome (only for it to be shown a few days later) as I am about the PS5 having better Ray tracing and being a bit more powerful. I also maintain my confidence about XSEX having a very good and diverse GAMES library this time around. It wont just be hey look Forza, Halo, Gears and more Forza. (Ultra Combo) Just as confident as I was that the actual XSEX box was in fact finished. (only for that to be shown a bit later as well). I'm even more confident that all of the this system is better than yours and industry bias towards certain companies is going to play out very differently this time around, as unfortunately things are going to get very Sony FFVII = Nintendo and SE relationship around here very soon.

Last thing, it was insinuated earlier that MS could basically just dump money into R and D and throw money at the problem including taking losses in order to have a better machine. That is NOT how any of this works. The higher ups within MS have been looking at their games division and trying to figure out how to "Trim the fat." for quite some time. This years profits are up (Largely due to their XboxLive) but only by a very small margin. I believe 10% ill look and edit to make sure. But they cant just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks. They NEED this machine to be successful and need to at least win the majority of the US market share.

Hey Osiris, Do you think PS5 is going to be presented at CES ?

FranXico

Seems like people are starting to accept that 9.2TF is a real possibility and things seem to be calming down.

But if what OsirisBlack says it's correct, then things are going to get really crazy. This is mainly due to the fact that people are shouting victory well before anything has been officially announced.
They'll just shout victory again, but at E3 when MS announces their moneyhats.

V4skunk

Banned
Windows Central / Digital Foundry & many more sources: 12 TH
AMD Leaks: 12 TH is achievable for a Arden's CUs number (codename linked to Xbox family by BC modes & insiders)
Phil Spencer: So when we do the math, we're over eight times the GPU power of the Xbox One, and two times what an Xbox One X is (power = TH; X1X: 6 TH x 2 = 12 TH for XSX)
Wouldn't double XboneX TF mean that XSX with its more efficient architecture be less than 12TF considering the architecture improvements and that old gen TF's don't match new gen in power level when comparing numbers?
Or have I got it wrong?

StrongGuy

Can you give us more specifics?
Is XseX really 12 TF and so what about PS5? Why does PS5 have better RT than XseX?

demigod

But but but....xbox fans keeps saying XSeX will have baked in DX RT!

FleetFeet

Tim is actually quite good friends with many of the highest folks at Xbox. That doesn't mean they divulge sensitive info, but him actually having a legit ongoing relationship and friendship with them is more credibility than I would ascribe to some that claim to know specific information.
I would say that says more about the upper echelons at Xbox that they would associate with someone like that.

DF if they're doing their jobs HAVE to report on that kind of news. Straight from AMD about both possible next gen consoles? Not reporting it would be malpractice for what they specialize in. Let it be wrong, that's fine, they don't get crap just for reporting what everybody interested in the next gen consoles is buzzing about, but it's a legitimate news worthy item. That said, I'd love to see a more powerful ps5 than what is currently rumored. I'll have a PS5, but I wouldn't want a 9.2 teraflop PS5, even though I'd still buy the damn thing. I don't believe it will beat the new xbox in the power or RT department, but we will find out where both systems sit in due time.

Exciting times and happy new year all!
Wonder why DF never did a story on blue pill red pill fiasco? Oh, maybe because it was bullshit and no one took it seriously other than the ones that are desperately seeking a power advantage. Kinda like now

Reindeer

I would say that says more about the upper echelons at Xbox that they would associate with someone like that.
RDX crew do a lot of hype work for Microsoft so that's why you see some people from Xbox team being nice to them. These guys can be quite toxic (they love twitter fanboy war) and fanboyish so it's really not a good look for Microsoft to associate themselves with them.

Last edited:
RDX crew do a lot of hype work for Microsoft so that's why you see some people from Xbox team being nice to them. These guys can be quite toxic (they love twitter fanboy war) and fanboyish so it's really not a good look for Microsoft to associate themselves with these guys.
Ive know xbox ppl since 2014, relationship still going. If my account was toxic id be banned. Dont be jealous brother. You put your faith in ppl that make up stuff because you want ps5 to be more powerful. Says alot about you.

Reindeer

Ive know xbox ppl since 2014, relationship still going. If my account was toxic id be banned. Dont be jealous brother. You put your faith in ppl that make up stuff because you want ps5 to be more powerful. Says alot about you.
Actually I have no real preference or emotional investment in this whole console war. I hope both consoles are as powerful as they can be so the devs can push the graphics and technology to the maximum and we as gamers can benefit. As for RDX, I have listened enough to their podcast, watched enough of their videos and seen enough of their interaction online to understand what they are about. Sorry Tim, but it's the truth. And there isn't much to be jealous of, there are far more successful people on YouTube when it comes to gaming.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
How come you hold him accountable for things he got wrong in the past, but no one can do the same thing for you or members of your podcast?

How come you hold him accountable for things he got wrong in the past, but no one can do the same thing for you or members of your podcast?
Stop making things up. If im wrong ill admit to it. IM NOT MAKING THINGS UP. Thats the difference. Blue pill red pill come on , if RDX did something like that for xbox you would be tweeting Phil lol

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Stop making things up. If im wrong ill admit to it. IM NOT MAKING THINGS UP. Thats the difference. Blue pill red pill come on , if RDX did something like that for xbox you would be tweeting Phil lol
So I made up all the DX12 stuff that happened between you guys?

Or what about Zen being in Xbox One X or Dee saying someone told him there was going to be a 1080p 60fps mode in AC?

I never accused you of making up information about the new Xbox, I basically said that you were wrong in the past and that doesn't mean it automatically discredits anything you may have in the future.

That is the point.

You don't know what he knows or where he heard it from.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

Or what about Zen being in Xbox One X or Dee saying someone told him there was going to be a 1080p 60fps mode in AC?

I never accused you of making up information about the new Xbox, I basically said that you were wrong in the past and that doesn't mean it automatically discredits anything you may have in the future.

That is the point.

He never have any real info to be fair.
So I believe you are right with the “making up information” even if you did not accused him :D

Last edited:

That is the point.

You are saying i said what Dee said. Again, i never made things up, you are putting faith in someone who made things up. Dealers video was out before jez article, obviously we know things. I told this very forum wait. I also submitted info to Mod Of War , so please. Just because you are a Sony fanboy you dont like what I say because well it was a 12 tflop navi xbox. So you cant point to me making things up and bringing up Dee as if thats me. Says alot. Gonna politely mute you now

ethomaz

Banned
Black Orisis never had info, i told this forum about the breaking news of 12 tflop. You are making believe in surprises. Take care brother .
You never had info ;)
You are know about that.
I don’t need to take any care at all.

And the 12TFs is not something confirmed yet... so I don’t know what are you talking about.

I hope it is even bigger than 12 TFs.

Last edited:

Reindeer

You are saying i said what Dee said. Again, i never made things up, you are putting faith in someone who made things up. Dealers video was out before jez article, obviously we know things. I told this very forum wait. I also submitted info to Mod Of War , so please. Just because you are a Sony fanboy you dont like what I say because well it was a 12 tflop navi xbox. So you cant point to me making things up and bringing up Dee as if thats me. Says alot. Gonna politely mute you now
Why do you guys think that anyone who criticises RDX or Xbox is automatically a PlayStation fanboy? So there's no middle ground? There are no people who are just gamers and have no special preferred platform? I personally never said PlayStation will be more powerful or believed in anyone saying that, but it's funny how you assumed that of me.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

I don't put faith in rumors, only confirmation when things are actually announced.

I NEVER said you didn't know anything.

The post clearly indicates that what people have done in the past (spreading false or misinformation) doesn't always go against them in the future, which INCLUDES YOU.

I watch the NBA and I know many NBA insiders get things completely wrong all the time.

I don't turn around and say, "Hey, you were wrong about this trade so everything you say in the future means you're lying."

That's not how things work.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
It might be best that Mod of War: Remastered Mod of War: Remastered confirms that XcloudTimdog XcloudTimdog has been vetted, so that this personal prosecution ends once and for all.
Yes, he has. But I don't think anyone is disputing that.

The issue is that he accused OsirisBlack of making things up and used his past to discredit him. I pointed out how Tim was wrong in the past too, so does that mean we can discredit him too?

The answer is no.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Actually Dealer didn't come up with anything that wasn't out there for a long time already, sites like Segmentnext already did an article (https://segmentnext.com/2019/04/19/xbox-anaconda-specs-to-be-playstation-5/) on 12 tflops $499 Series X (Anaconda back then) back in April. Segmentnext pretty much got everything spot on (in relation to latest leaks) in their article. So these rumours and leaks were out there for a while. Dealer maybe heard some credible people were going to go out with this info and made a video, I don't know.

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
He has no idea what he is talking about lol. Blue pills red pills, diana, and trim the fat lol
Not going to lie used to listen to you on podcasts etc. Know you are somewhat connected but I cant take a grown man seriously giving info whilst also being a fanboy to a particular company that sometimes they cant see the bullshit they spew from their own mouths that and also stalking someone at best buy seeing if they were going to buy an xbox one.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Also Dealer's video was in no way as informative and specific as Windows Central article was, so his information was outdated and based on what was already out there for months.

pawel86ck

Banned

Even despite recent leaks you are even more confident about your informations, so you really must know something. Right now I expect both consoles will be around 12TF, but do know how fast HW RT will be? Comparable to 2060, or even worse?

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Is Osiris verfied by the mods?
This. Mod of War: Remastered Mod of War: Remastered has been quick to tell supposed insiders that they should either DM him and provide proof, or shut up. The fact that he's conspicuously quiet about OsirisBlack OsirisBlack either gives me hope that OsirisBlack OsirisBlack is verified, or shows me there's certain bias towards certain posters here, which frankly, would be disappointing on so many levels.

So which one is it?

Last edited:

Dargor

This. Mod of War: Remastered Mod of War: Remastered has been quick to tell supposed insiders that they should either DM him and provide proof, or shut up. The fact that he's conspicuously quiet about OsirisBlack OsirisBlack either gives me hope that OsirisBlack OsirisBlack is verified, or shows me there's certain bias towards certain posters here, which frankly, would be disappointing on so many levels.

So which one's is it?

Its SonyGaf, of course! Did you have any doubts?

Nickolaidas

Its SonyGaf, of course! Did you have any doubts?
Yes, I do.

Having a favorite console and wish the best for it is all well and good (despite investing on both Sony/MS ecosystems, I prefer PlayStation as my fave brand), but not to the extent that a mod would allow 'random' people say whatever they like concerning leaks without said mod doing anything. Mod of War has given me the impression that he's better than that, and I'll like him to keep it that way.

Last edited:

Tenka Musou

Banned

So which one is it?
His refusal to post actual figures/numbers despite being so sure about PS5's superiority just raises a lot of red flags, I sure hope he is verified though.

Actually Dealer didn't come up with anything that wasn't out there for a long time already, sites like Segmentnext already did an article (https://segmentnext.com/2019/04/19/xbox-anaconda-specs-to-be-playstation-5/) on 12 tflops $499 Series X (Anaconda back then) back in April. Segmentnext pretty much got everything spot on (in relation to latest leaks) in their article. So these rumours and leaks were out there for a while. Dealer maybe heard some credible people were going to go out with this info and made a video, I don't know.
Sure lol . Why at that time were saying xbox was 10. ??? We knew because we knew just like Jez did. Maybe thats why Dealer is @ 60,000 subs and growing. Anyway take care now. Gonna politely ignore you

Dargor

Yes, I do.

Having a favorite console and wish the best for it is all well and good (despite investing on both Sony/MS ecosystems, I prefer PlayStation as my fave brand), but not to the extent that a mod would allow 'random' people say whatever they like concerning leaks without doing anything. Mod of War has given me the impression that he's better than that, and I'll like him to keep it that way.

If you actually think for even a second that such a thing is happening, I have a bridge to sell you, great price even!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom