• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

DF did that article and video for a good reason. It must align with what they already know, so they knew once that leak happened it was something they could safely run with.

DF knows diddly squat. They only get info fed to them from MS. I can’t wait for the reveal and this whole thing will blow in their face, buncha frauds.

DJ12

I’m really gonna watch Sony’s presser about Tv’s aren’t I?
Are you really going to watch amds for Ryzen 3 and RDNA news that may or may not be relevant to one or both consoles.

Also is it actually confirmed Phil is attending, when it was posted here it looked like fanboy drivel with a photoshopped picture.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I’m really gonna watch Sony’s presser about Tv’s aren’t I?

I’m actually lookin forward to that with what should be inclusion of the 2.1 spec, and seeing what other refinements they have done on latency, etc..

Since I plan on upgrading the 4K set I have now based on CES announcements from the top makers.

But only insiders which claimed things for PS5. For Xbox, ALL OF THEM are releveant. Even TimDog.

Tim is actually quite good friends with many of the highest folks at Xbox. That doesn't mean they divulge sensitive info, but him actually having a legit ongoing relationship and friendship with them is more credibility than I would ascribe to some that claim to know specific information.

Tim is actually quite good friends with many of the highest folks at Xbox. That doesn't mean they divulge sensitive info, but him actually having a legit ongoing relationship and friendship with them is more credibility than I would ascribe to some that claim to know specific information.

So, ask him is XSX RDNA or RDNA 2 if you so believe in him and having so high opinion about him.

You know what will be really funny after all these leaks? If Sony launches a more powerful and a faster console at the same price as Xbox.

Would not be anything unusual about that, if the specs aren't identical, somebody has to win a performance comparison. At the same price, I would not expect a large gap, however. A bigger shocker is a performant console at a lower price.

Ovech-King

WE ARE IN 2020

CONSOLES ARE COMING OUT THIS YEAR

tumblr_oo39y4OjhL1r7dh6wo1_400.gifv

P.s. happy new year to all of you

DF aren’t insiders, they only report on the public information.

You can't be serious. They get more detailed and in depth information on the specifics and what's happening on these consoles and games that nearly anyone else in the industry.

Df said we were also get 8tf consoles lol

It was a good, well informed guess based on certain factors. What they couldn't anticipate is that one of the two would do this.

680535-microsoft-xbox-series-x-640x360.jpg

And before we speak too soon, if that AMD information is right, it looks like they were right about the PS5. 9.2 is less than a stone's throw away from 8. That clock ain't staying at 2GHz for release, or at least I doubt it.. They need more CUs and a lower, less risky clock. I keep predicting 54 cus for ps5, but I'm not expecting that 2GHZ to stay on release. Even the desktop cards won't maintain their boost clock to that degree, leaving them to operate mostly in their game clock range.

DF knows diddly squat. They only get info fed to them from MS. I can’t wait for the reveal and this whole thing will blow in their face, buncha frauds.

No site with their connections knows "diddly squat." And you must mean info fed to them from MS, Sony and major game development studios because that's how they get their information. I would be sooner to call certain insiders frauds before I call DF a fraud, although they've annoyed me with certain things in the past. Their credibility, quite simply, stands well above that of mere forum insiders. We don't get anything good or as detailed as we all desire to get it till it comes through sites like theirs.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
I want both consoles to be equal cause I'm buying both but it would still be worth the meltdowns if this is all true.

Reindeer

I don't need to ask him. It's RDNA2.
Nobody has confirmed it's RDNA2, but some people are so sure of it. A reliable leaker just said couple of days ago it's definitely not RDNA2. In fact he confirmed this in a reply to Tim on twitter, with Tim seemingly taking that information on board.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You can't be serious. They get more detailed and in depth information on the specifics and what's happening on these consoles and games that nearly anyone else in the industry.

No, they just talk about existing rumours like the recent video. They don’t have contacts themselves.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Everyone knows someone that knows someone, That's how all of this works. I trust DF when it comes to games analysis but that is as far as that trust goes, I know who butters their bread. I am as confident as I was when I said the new Ghosts of Tsushima stuff looked awesome (only for it to be shown a few days later) as I am about the PS5 having better Ray tracing and being a bit more powerful. I also maintain my confidence about XSEX having a very good and diverse GAMES library this time around. It wont just be hey look Forza, Halo, Gears and more Forza. (Ultra Combo) Just as confident as I was that the actual XSEX box was in fact finished. (only for that to be shown a bit later as well). I'm even more confident that all of the this system is better than yours and industry bias towards certain companies is going to play out very differently this time around, as unfortunately things are going to get very Sony FFVII = Nintendo and SE relationship around here very soon.

Last thing, it was insinuated earlier that MS could basically just dump money into R and D and throw money at the problem including taking losses in order to have a better machine. That is NOT how any of this works. The higher ups within MS have been looking at their games division and trying to figure out how to "Trim the fat." for quite some time. This years profits are up (Largely due to their XboxLive) but only by a very small margin. I believe 10% ill look and edit to make sure. But they cant just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks. They NEED this machine to be successful and need to at least win the majority of the US market share.

The pastor never lets the congregation play with the church's money.

Nobody has confirmed it's RDNA2, but some people are so sure of it. A reliable leaker just said couple of days ago it's definitely not RDNA2. In fact he confirmed this in a reply to Tim on twitter, with Tim seemingly taking that information on board.

I responded to that same response saying it was RDNA2. I believe strongly they have that one wrong.

onQ123

Everyone knows someone that knows someone, That's how all of this works. I trust DF when it comes to games analysis but that is as far as that trust goes, I know who butters their bread. I am as confident as I was when I said the new Ghosts of Tsushima stuff looked awesome (only for it to be shown a few days later) as I am about the PS5 having better Ray tracing and being a bit more powerful. I also maintain my confidence about XSEX having a very good and diverse GAMES library this time around. It wont just be hey look Forza, Halo, Gears and more Forza. (Ultra Combo) Just as confident as I was that the actual XSEX box was in fact finished. (only for that to be shown a bit later as well). I'm even more confident that all of the this system is better than yours and industry bias towards certain companies is going to play out very differently this time around, as unfortunately things are going to get very Sony FFVII = Nintendo and SE relationship around here very soon.

Last thing, it was insinuated earlier that MS could basically just dump money into R and D and throw money at the problem including taking losses in order to have a better machine. That is NOT how any of this works. The higher ups within MS have been looking at their games division and trying to figure out how to "Trim the fat." for quite some time. This years profits are up (Largely due to their XboxLive) but only by a very small margin. I believe 10% ill look and edit to make sure. But they cant just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks. They NEED this machine to be successful and need to at least win the majority of the US market share.

About this Ray-tracing is it really good or just there as a check box?

No, they just talk about existing rumours like the recent video. They don’t have contacts themselves.

edit: responded to the wrong person. I meant to respond to it_wasn't_me about the 3 years ago stuff.

That was wishful thinking based on my unrealistic expectation of getting zen in xbox one x after speaking to someone at xbox fanfest who made it sound like they were doing something it (hell, perhaps they were, but I was a little too early expecting it in xbox one x)

This is different and VERY realistic. Zen in Xbox One X was a long shot. I knew that, but one I kept hoping would happen anyway. Not the same thing remotely. RDNA2 is far more realistic and I firmly believe is happening and will be announced quite soon.

Last edited:

Bet. Bookmarked this post. ;)

FranXico

So, they have invested even more on moneyhatting third parties than on R&D.

That was wishful thinking based on my unrealistic expectation of getting zen in xbox one x after speaking to someone at xbox fanfest who made it sound like they were doing something it (hell, perhaps they were, but I was a little too early expecting it in xbox one x)

This is different and VERY realistic. Zen in Xbox One X was a long shot. I knew that, but one I kept hoping would happen anyway. Not the same thing remotely. RDNA2 is far more realistic and I firmly believe is happening and will be announced quite soon.

You tried hardly 3 years ago to convince members here that X1X will have indeed an Zen CPU.

Last edited:
You tried hardly 3 years ago to convince members her that X1X will have indeed an Zen CPU.

I mentioned even then it was a long shot, but I strongly believed it had a legit chance of happening based on someone I spoke to at xbox fanfest. I don't regret it, and I own it. Still stand by RDNA2.

But, yea, let's not derail and get side tracked. Xbox Series X is RDNA 2 and it will be announced soon.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
edit: responded to the wrong person. I meant to respond to it_wasn't_me about the 3 years ago stuff.

I’m still trying to work out if Zen3 is part of RDNA2 and if ‘Next-gen RDNA’ is RDNA2 minus Zen3.

CES should clarify all that.

demigod

No site with their connections knows "diddly squat." And you must mean info fed to them from MS, Sony and major game development studios because that's how they get their information. I would be sooner to call certain insiders frauds before I call DF a fraud, although they've annoyed me with certain things in the past. Their credibility, quite simply, stands well above that of mere forum insiders. We don't get anything good or as detailed as we all desire to get it till it comes through sites like theirs.

DF does not know ps5 specs, if they did they wouldn’t have ran with that story with outdated tests. I’ll believe these insiders over DF any day of the week. You wanna name some leaks from DF?

Osirisblack >>>>>> DF.

Zen 3 has nothing to do with RDNA2. RDNA2 is strictly just about AMD's next navi GPUs. It's a Zen 2 CPU that's coming with Series X. I'm certain AMD will certainly push Zen 3 along with RDNA2 as a package deal, but neither console will be so fortunate as to get full Zen 3 combined with their GPUs.

I’m still trying to work out if Zen3 is part of RDNA2 and if ‘Next-gen RDNA’ is RDNA2 minus Zen3.

CES should clarify all that.

Zen 3 has nothing to do with RDNA2. RDNA2 is strictly just about AMD's next navi GPUs. It's a Zen 2 CPU that's coming with Series X. I'm certain AMD will certainly push Zen 3 along with RDNA2 as a package deal, but neither console will be so fortunate as to get full Zen 3 combined with their GPUs.

DF does not know ps5 specs, if they did they wouldn’t have ran with that story with outdated tests. I’ll believe these insiders over DF any day of the week. You wanna name some leaks from DF?

Osirisblack >>>>>> DF.

DF if they're doing their jobs HAVE to report on that kind of news. Straight from AMD about both possible next gen consoles? Not reporting it would be malpractice for what they specialize in. Let it be wrong, that's fine, they don't get crap just for reporting what everybody interested in the next gen consoles is buzzing about, but it's a legitimate news worthy item. That said, I'd love to see a more powerful ps5 than what is currently rumored. I'll have a PS5, but I wouldn't want a 9.2 teraflop PS5, even though I'd still buy the damn thing. I don't believe it will beat the new xbox in the power or RT department, but we will find out where both systems sit in due time.

Exciting times and happy new year all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom