• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
who said that CBOAT leaks only positive things ? CBOAT is known mainly because he leaked every shitty MS policy they had in store for gamers, when people went to E3 they were already sharpening knives and MS delivered coup de grace confirming everything people heard was right.

Make no mistake. CBOAT is partially responsible for ruining MS dominance coming from X360 era. If it was announced without leak it would be exactly like PS4 announced paid online, people would be too focused on something else and MS would have plenty of time to dillute message to make it look like nothing is wrong and they would have plenty of fanboys behind them same way few moths after that announcement there were still people believing how good digital only console would be and how used games in MS way would be better for everyone.
Yeap it was not MS themselves lol

Disco_

I love how various forum members once painted EviLore as some kind of Sony agent because he met Adam Boyes years before he joined PlayStation.

While this moderator pictured above (Judge) is a documented Microsoft shill who is regularly photographed beside senior Xbox staff including Phil Spencer and receives yearly invites to Xbox campus for "bonding sessions". Together with 4 other Era moderators who are Xbox Ambassadors ("promoting the brand you love") who all ban PlayStation forum members at the drop of a hat.

Now it makes sense. Wondered why all the xbox drive-bys went unnoticed while ps people were handed out warnings left and right.

farmerboy

Never forget just what a massive disaster the Xbox One was in its early days. It was basically hard to find any positivity of note. I mean this guy was the head.

They've come a long way since then and won me back over (I'm super excited about the Series X). But the thing started out as a major disaster led by disastrous leadership.

I'm Sony through and through but you're right. Xbox seem like they've got their shit together and if the right exclusives come along I may have to dip my toe in the water.

Also, we're approaching the pointy end of all this and the excitement is building. I love this time, where we're all a little unsure of whats to come.

As a Sony guy, I can't get a read on them at the moment. Is their relative silence a sign of confidence or worry?

dolabla

I'm Sony through and through but you're right. Xbox seem like they've got their shit together and if the right exclusives come along I may have to dip my toe in the water.

Also, we're approaching the pointy end of all this and the excitement is building. I love this time, where we're all a little unsure of whats to come.

As a Sony guy, I can't get a read on them at the moment. Is their relative silence a sign of confidence or worry?

It's definitely a fun time. I'm way more excited about this upcoming gen than I was the current gen. If Microsoft and Sony both have their shit together and are putting out monster consoles, it's a huge win for me as a gamer.

I've been thinking about hiphopgamer's Remastering Engine 'leak', and this could be actually true.

We have Bluepoint teasing us with MULTIPLE old games, not just a Souls game. Which could be that Bluepoint is somehow involved with this remastering engine in some way, or they will somehow use it to create multiple PS5 patches for those old games to have better textures or something. So the Demon's Souls will end up being true, just that it's not going to be a PS5 AAA remake, but rather a solid remaster with better textures, like Resident Evil 6 for the PS4.

We also had Ed Boon, creator of Mortal Kombat, telling us that there's a BIG surprise coming in 2020 for MK fans. What if this surprise is all past MK games becoming available with this remastering engine on PSN for purchase, allowing the MK fans to experience all previous MK games on a single console, upscaled to 4k?

The more I think about it, the more I think it's true. So hoping it's true!
Hey I think the HipHip gamer leak should have its own thread. He aslo talks about custom res, AA etc.

who said that CBOAT leaks only positive things ? CBOAT is known mainly because he leaked every shitty MS policy they had in store for gamers, when people went to E3 they were already sharpening knives and MS delivered coup de grace confirming everything people heard was right.

Make no mistake. CBOAT is partially responsible for ruining MS dominance coming from X360 era. If it was announced without leak it would be exactly like PS4 announced paid online, people would be too focused on something else and MS would have plenty of time to dillute message to make it look like nothing is wrong and they would have plenty of fanboys behind them same way few moths after that announcement there were still people believing how good digital only console would be and how used games in MS way would be better for everyone.

wtf.... no LOL. What kind of silly crap is this when most don't know who the hell he is (they are)? It was horrible, unsure messaging from Microsoft, kinect and numerous articles dropping at the same time stating that the NSA would be using kinect to spy on you (this shit did damage) Multiple major gaming sites ran with it, being $100 more expensive while also being weaker than PS4. An MS employee getting into public arguments on twitter with trolls, and then saying "and why would I live there" in reference to some guy saying where he lived. And that video by francis who many believed to be his real personality, not knowing he was playing some character also did damage from a pr standpoint, the one where he smashed the xbox 360.

And then Sony dropping the boom at E3 with that how to share games video and saying exactly what needed to be said to make xbox look that much more terrible during their E3 presser. Those were prepared, totally choreographed shots at Microsoft. A middle school kid could have come in there and burned Microsoft down on that day, and Sony took advantage. Cboat had all of jack shit to do with what took place. It was a known rumor way before he ever said a word about it. He just came and poured gasoline on a fire on a forum full of people that wanted to see Microsoft fall back from 360 success.

Did cboat also make don mattrick say in regards to military personnel being able to play xbox one we have an xbox for them, it's called xbox 360? I always laugh at people giving far more credit to the equivalent of a forum burner account to the overall strategic missteps of a multi-billion dollar corporation. It was a collection of problems with heavy emphasis on spying and the NSA in relation to kinect, Sony's E3 presser (you gonna tell me sony got their info from cboat too?), power and price, and COD resolution differences out the gate. Cboat was literally a fart in the wind.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
There is an easy solution for this. Give the player options. 1440p or some lower resolution with ray tracing active, full 4k or slightly lower resolution with none. This way games that want to do ray tracing can both provide it as an option for people who want to experience that while also ensuring people who don't care and want to game at highest possible resolution can do so.

Yep.. and they might actually do that. I think it will be like what you describe with most games. Let's at least hope so.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I hope CBOAT drops a bomb. I want to see the REE mods struggle to control that discussion. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

yapm9h5.jpg

Sound advice.

But how about other Xbone's rumors. You won't point the correct ones?

He didn't drop nearly as much major information as you all seem to think lol. We already had the specs with the exception of 8GB GDDR5 through SuperDAE (remember that??) hacked documents lol. There was also inaccurate information about the amount of ram allocated to games on release for PS4, specifically to counter more accurate info that came from DF. You guys have a rosy memory of what he really did. He just fed everyone anti-xbox sentiment and regurtitated public info we were already getting on microsoft's drm plans well before he said a thing. Dead Rising 3 info wasn't that big a reveal either. You could have saw that coming based on capcom remarks about their engine and what studios were working closely with microsoft based on public statements.

So yea.. not giving him too much credit lol. He didn't give us the specs, someone else did. All else was in the public sphere, and getting something as major wrong regarding the GPU on xbox one being downclocked prior to release is no small thing, even getting wrong information about bad yields of Xbox One at a time when there was no such issue that warranted concern? You guys are seeing what you want to is how i see it.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

Posted ?

The techpowerup charts are just placeholder until official specs come through. They will be updated. On PS5 it just lists PC dGPU Navi 10 specs and die size for example.

The Dealer video "confirming" the info as accurate is a little embarrassing but it isn't surprising.

Reindeer

The techpowerup charts are just placeholder until official specs come through. They will be updated. On PS5 it just lists PC dGPU Navi 10 specs and die size for example.

The Dealer video "confirming" the info as accurate is a little embarrassing but it isn't surprising.
Dealer and RDX are Microsoft hype crowd, they will go with anything that's in favour of Xbox. Anything negative towards PS5 and positive towards Xbox will get thumbs up from them.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

Dealer and RDX are Microsoft hype crowd, they will go with anything that in favour of Xbox. Anything negative towards PS5 and positive towards Xbox will get thumbs up from them.

Oh I know...And I really do hope XSX is more powerful than PS5 even by 0.1TF just so we don't get the whole crew mad for the whole generation again. Power seems to be the be all, end all with them for some reason I don't get.

Reindeer

Oh I know...And I really do hope XSX is more powerful than PS5 even by 0.1TF just so we don't get the whole crew mad for the whole generation again. Power seems to be the be all, end all with them for some reason I don't get.
Power narrative is all they got so they need something to feed the Xbox fanboys out there. To be fair, they are doing a decent job for their blind followers.

Shin

Banned
Posted ?

No it hasn't to my knowledge.

BS.

384 bit bus wrong.
RDNA2 unlikely.
The ram amounts make no sense.
16 - 4 for OS maybe = 12
GPU follows Zen structure since Navi, multi projects simultaneously (I believe it was Lisa Su at some AMD show that said it).
56GB/s (GDDR6 is 64GB/s max, that's slightly lower than the 27.1GB/s MS got in the One X (28GB/s max for GDDR5).

Elaborate on the "bus bit is wrong", 12 x 32 = 384 bit, who knows how they configured the other 4GB.

Last edited:
my last guess

PS5:

3.4Ghz CPU
1.8ghz 56CUs
16GB HBME2
8GB DDRx
2TB SSD

Massive :LOL: no. Just way, way, way too costly. Would easily be a BOM of $250-$320 for it alone (never mind the interposer...and yes this includes Sony buying in bulk).

Time to give up the ghost on HBM2E; not economically feasible (especially since SK Hynix and Samsung are selling them at high prices since other purchasers are willing to pay the premium).

BS.

384 bit bus wrong.
RDNA2 unlikely.
The ram amounts make no sense.

They're basing the RAM amount on what the GPU portion will use, so at least on that note the XSX figure seems accurate. The PS5 one does not, though; at the very least both systems will have 16GB of RAM and no way PS5 needs 8GB reserved for the OS.

Other details are less crazy; RDNA2 is a stretch though. At most both will be RDNA1 with some RDNA2 features pulled from the roadmap, particularly for ray-tracing.

Last edited:

Proelite

They're basing the RAM amount on what the GPU portion will use, so at least on that note the XSX figure seems accurate. The PS5 one does not, though; at the very least both systems will have 16GB of RAM and no way PS5 needs 8GB reserved for the OS.

Other details are less crazy; RDNA2 is a stretch though. At most both will be RDNA1 with some RDNA2 features pulled from the roadmap, particularly for ray-tracing.

The 384 bit bus is flat out wrong. We've seen 320bit bus in the e3 teaser + it's in the Github leak.

The 384 bit bus is flat out wrong. We've seen 320bit bus in the e3 teaser + it's in the Github leak.

Yeah the 384-bit bus part is inaccurate. Before those leaks though some were probably assuming it'd be 384-bit since that's what the XBX had (but they likely hadn't seen the E3 video in a long time to refresh their memory).

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Yeah the 384-bit bus part is inaccurate.
Who knows really, someone mentioned something interesting the other day about the images in said vid being intentionally wrong and not the real XS layout.
With the mind games going on between Sony/MS in regards to spec it's hard to dismiss things.
The craziness will prolly still be there even after both companies have showed their full hands, but no one can say for 110% what's what ATM it seems.

I could be wrong, but I think it's confidence. They have big hitters coming for current gen, while Xbox has nothing until XseX.

I think Sony is very well aware of Xbox plans, and only surprise was the timing of XseX reveal at game awards. Before XseX reveal it looked like Sony is in total control of Next gen messaging. Seeing how a simple wired Cerny interview just before E3 revealed everything for PS5 what MSFT "monsters for breakfast" wanted to showcase for Scarlett.

Now it seems like XSex reveal only created a short interest boost for XseX while there is now a crazy thirst for any PS5 info, so staying silent doesn't seem bad either.

I don't know, I'd wait and see before assuming it is. I completely believe Microsoft didn't showcase all in that video and may have been intentionally misleading on some things.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
True or not I always like reading these:

Capcom:

- One of the future DLC characters for Smash is a Capcom Rep but they are pulling a SE by sending out a ton of different names. I’ve heard Dante, Phoenix Wright and even Arthur

- Capcom is working on more Megaman games. They included Megaman 12, X9, and a Legends 1 & 2 Remake Collection. X9 specifically is a Stadia timed exclusive for 1 year

- Dino Crisis is getting a remake to try and test interest in the IP

- A new MH game is coming that is exclusive to Switch and will use some of the new features and ideas Monster Hunter World introduced

- Marvel Vs Capcom 4 does exist but very little is know besides it’s definitely next gen.

- Street Fighter 5 DLC is planning to wrap up in 2020 so they can start on SF6 for next gen systems

- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is coming to Switch

Konami:

- Rouge Corps did so bad that the DLC is possibly being cancelled and the Contra IP is being shelved indefinitely

- Bloodstained is forbidden to be talked about in the offices

- Mobile versions of there pachinko machines are coming

- Bomberman Heros and 64 are getting a remake collection exclusive to Switch

Activision/Blizzard:

- Mobile department at Blizzard is amping up production ten fold and expect a lot more Blizzard mobile games, including a Warcraft mobile game in the style of Pokémon Go, and an Overwatch mobile game is being fast tracked after the success of Call of Duty Mobile

- Starcraft FPS is being considered for a revival as since Destiny is no longer being made with them, Activision needs a new sci-fi schlooter

- New Crash game is being made, takes heavy inspiration from the classic games and the title is even being considered to be called Crash Bandicoot 4.

- Black Ops 5 is full steam ahead

- Pro Skater Remake of 1 and 2 is real, should be a 2021 launch

- Skylanders is getting revived but the figures are not coming back, instead there being replaced with a gatcha system and it’s going to be free to start mobile title.

Ubisoft:

- Mario + Rabbids 2 does exist and is progressing very well. It’ll release in 2020. It will also have Rayman as a major part of the game’s story in it.

- BG&E2 is not progressing well at all. It looks rough and it barely runs at all. Only good things I can say is that the pre rendered cutscenes all look really good and that the story is planned out

- The delays of R6Q, G&M, and WDL, are all to get them to be ported to next gen as to be cross gen titles

- Next AC is viking themed and brings back the boat features from Black Flag

- New 2D Rayman in the works, uses same artstyle and engine as Legends and Origins. Also a new 3D Rayman is being prototyped.

Rockstar:

- Bringing GTA 3, San Andres, Vice City, Red Dead Redemption 1, Bully, and GTA5 to Switch. GTA5 will be one of the first games to use the 64 GB cartridges.

- Bully 2 is going to be announced some time in 2020. It’s set in a college town.

- GTA6 is in production for next gen systems. It’s going to be set in the entire state of Florida, where you can travel through the entire state. Sony has in fact payed for timed exclusivity for 6 months after launch. They payed a hefty fee for it. This time it will also feature a women as one of the three main protagonists.

Xbox Game Studios/Microsoft:

- New Fable game is the big announcement for E3 this year, it’s exclusive to the Series X, no Xbox One port

- Halo Infinite will get its first gameplay trailer before E3

- Hellblade 2 gets gameplay at E3

- Cuphead DLC is Xbox timed exclusive for 3 months

- Remake of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie coming to the Series X and Xbox One

- Series X will be $499 and comes bundled with Halo Infinite, which launches the same day

- Ton of games getting Series X enhancement updates which allow them to look even better and run faster. First one to get this update will be Gears 5

- They’re going to be buying a Japanese studio but after that they’ve decided to take a break from buyouts to save money to invest more in development of games.

- Push for more diversity of genre in their exclusives

- Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, and Rare Replay all coming to Switch

- Game Pass will be combined with Project XCloud and create a streaming and downloading service called Game Pass X. You can stream and download to play any game in the library of Game Pass X, although downloading only works on consoles

- Windows 10 will work on Series X, but only to browse the web

- Region locking is gone on Series X, and the Series X is backwards compatible with every Xbox disc ever

Sony:

- Spider-Man 2 is a PS5 exclusive and will be announced at E3 2019

- Speaking of which Sony has decided to return to E3 but no press conference, just a State of Play and a booth on the showfloor

- PS5 is $499, no region locking, and is backwards compatible with every PlayStation disc ever

- PSVR will work with the system but not much is planned for it in terms of new games besides a sequel to Astro Bot

- Last of Us 2 will get an upgraded port for PS5 on launch

- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is a launch title for PS5

Nintendo:

- No information on Smash besides the Capcom DLC and that I only know because of a Capcom source. Smash leaks seem to have dried up.

- Animal Crossing Switch Lite variant is coming

- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl remakes are next year’s Pokémon games and will have the ability to transfer every Pokémon to that game after the backlash of SwSh, which while it didn’t effect sales, was considered a PR blunder internally

- Tomodachi Life sequel is coming

- Was some rumors that they were interested in buying out Level 5 but nothing concrete

Besthada:

- Fallout 4 port for Switch, uses 64 GB cartridge

- Fallout 76 is still being worked on and the plan is to try and make a come back somehow

- Starfield is planned to get a full reveal at E3, and is set to launch in 2022

- Fallout 5 has started early planning and prototyping. Don’t expect it for at least 3 years

- New Vegas will be getting an HD remaster on all platforms, including switch, as a sort of apology to Fallout fans after the 76 disaster. It’ll include all the DLC.

- Eternal was delayed mainly to fix the multiplayer which has been very buggy and laggy. They do not want a repeat of the 76 launch and are making sure the online features and multiplayer works as best it can. The Switch port is planned for the Fall.

SEGA:

- Sonic Adventure Remake is coming

- Mania 2 is a 2020 title, and is pretty much almost done

- Team Sonic Racing major DLC update with new characters and tracks, including an appearance from AiAi from Super Monkey Ball

- Dreamcast SEGA Ages titles finally happening

- Super Monkey Ball 1,2, and 3 are getting HD remakes, and will be released on Switch first as a timed exclusive in 2021

- Chao Garden Mobile is like the chao garden from SA2 but with a more mobile friendly design and a gatcha system for variant chaos

Google/Stadia:

- 3D Platformer staring the Dinosaur from the offline dinosaur game

- Lots of studios pulling out and ending stadia support and Google is fighting hard to get some to stay

- The only reason X9 is stadia timed exclusive is because Google payed big time for it

- Google doesn’t seem to be ending support of the project for at least 2 years but after that the future of stadia is uncertain

- They have noted the ads are cringe inducing and are bad, and plan to try a new strategy for them

- New color scheme for the controller is coming: Silver and Gold

Netherrealm:

- Injustice 3 is going to be the first next gen title from them

- MK11 Port to PS5 and Series X

- Marvel Vs DC is being floated around with Marvel but it likely won’t happen

- Future MK11 DLC includes Goro, Doomslayer, and Ed Boon himself as a free joke character

Edit: Broken up for easier reading.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I could be wrong, but I think it's confidence. They have big hitters coming for current gen, while Xbox has nothing until XseX.

I think Sony is very well aware of Xbox plans, and only surprise was the timing of XseX reveal at game awards. Before XseX reveal it looked like Sony is in total control of Next gen messaging. Seeing how a simple wired Cerny interview just before E3 revealed everything for PS5 what MSFT "monsters for breakfast" wanted to showcase for Scarlett.

Now it seems like XSex reveal only created a short interest boost for XseX while there is now a crazy thirst for any PS5 info, so staying silent doesn't seem bad either.

I have no doubt in my mind Cerny and company are very confident and timing all their reveals out masterfully like thy did last Gen during their reveal. I'm also sure thy have some great features ppl don't know about thts going to blow minds. It bodes well thy are tightly lipped, they lose nothing from that. Small timed drops until the big megabomb reveal causes so much excitement and anxiety lol take these threads for example. Everyone is manic lol for the rest of the info. They are playing great chess again.

This may be true for your own anecdotal POV and your circle of friends, but that isn't the case at large. Someone posted a Google Trends tracking graphic/page for Sony/MS and PS5/XSX (it was a couple days ago; can't remember the poster name but their avatar was a white dude with a kinda chubby face, deadpan (slightly smug) look and a thick mustache). MS and XSX were trending much higher globally, even in places where I didn't think people cared about those brands.

The country breakdown (for just select places) it appeared much more even and 50/50, such as Norway. But still, some of these places are usually thought of as Sony land so seeing MS and XSX get that much traction there seems to show they're getting more mindshare globally. Now the question remains if they can maintain that momentum and translate it into market share via actual sales. And that's something we won't get a better gauge of until after E3, at earliest.

EDIT: Okay so I went and did my own search and it seems PS5 is trending higher globally atm. But it still looks relatively close and both seem to have similar patterns of rises and falls . Obviously a lot of PS5's talk is around CES and the latest spec leaks.

XSX had a huge spike in attention at TGAs and that's probaby helped it maintain relatively well with PS5 in global discussions since then. Also a lot of talk about both systems isn't actually immediately on the systems themselves, but things in relation to them, such as GTA6, FIFA 2020 etc.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

- Future MK11 DLC includes Goro, Doomslayer, and Ed Boon himself as a free joke character

If there was any doubt this list was fake as fuck … the last one pretty much seals it. Most of the list is pretty safe predictions (yes, even the dino crisis one), so it not crazy enough to wow people.

I mean, there are people who are screaming for Mileena, Reptile, Ermac, Havik, Rain, Smoke, Hotaru and Ed Boon scrapping a DLC slot to give them himself as a character, it will drive the fans insane from the hate! They will be so angry they will ...

.... constantly want …

... to perform fatalities on him.

Oh shit.

It's true.

Last edited:
Even assuming info may not be entirely accurate, I still screen grabbed that ps5 and xbox series x info from techpowerup. Seems pretty detailed in places. And not everything is exactly copy pasted from previous GPU. Those would have to be some pretty strong assumptions if they're guessing.

pawel86ck

Banned
Posted ?

If these specs will end up true then both teams wins (single digit and double digits team) and no one should be sad except for fake insiders😅.

I was expecting further enchancements for xbox x games on XSX (gears 5 should probably run at 4K 60fps on XSX).

Barakov

Dabaus

Banned
I dont beleive that pastebin. I dont believe MS is going to purchase a japanese developer because i dont believe even a struggling company wants to be tied to that dead horse. I also think ps5 will be 399, not 499. How could one person possibly know that much about the inner workings that many companies? Doesnt add up to me.

Gediminas

Banned
This may be true for your own anecdotal POV and your circle of friends, but that isn't the case at large. Someone posted a Google Trends tracking graphic/page for Sony/MS and PS5/XSX (it was a couple days ago; can't remember the poster name but their avatar was a white dude with a kinda chubby face, deadpan (slightly smug) look and a thick mustache). MS and XSX were trending much higher globally, even in places where I didn't think people cared about those brands.

The country breakdown (for just select places) it appeared much more even and 50/50, such as Norway. But still, some of these places are usually thought of as Sony land so seeing MS and XSX get that much traction there seems to show they're getting more mindshare globally. Now the question remains if they can maintain that momentum and translate it into market share via actual sales. And that's something we won't get a better gauge of until after E3, at earliest.

EDIT: Okay so I went and did my own search and it seems PS5 is trending higher globally atm. But it still looks relatively close and both seem to have similar patterns of rises and falls . Obviously a lot of PS5's talk is around CES and the latest spec leaks.

XSX had a huge spike in attention at TGAs and that's probaby helped it maintain relatively well with PS5 in global discussions since then. Also a lot of talk about both systems isn't actually immediately on the systems themselves, but things in relation to them, such as GTA6, FIFA 2020 etc.
such as norway? can you show me sources? because, it is more like 95% to 5%.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Reindeer

I dont beleive that pastebin. I dont believe MS is going to purchase a japanese developer because i dont believe even a struggling company wants to be tied to that dead horse. I also think ps5 will be 399, not 499. How could one person possibly know that much about the inner workings that many companies? Doesnt add up to me.
Actually Phil Spencer went on to record multiple times saying that they want a first party Japanese studio.

Random Bits of Info I’ve heard:

I've actually heard all of this myself, from several insiders and my own sources (whom I won't name). Turns out that most of it is true, with just a few notable exceptions:

- Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, and Rare Replay all coming to Switch
- Windows 10 will work on Series X, but only to browse the web

The Halo games are coming to Switch, but will only work in docked mode and won't therefore run on the Switch Lite. Also, Windows 10 on Series X will not only allow you to browse the web, but will also run AVG and McAfee antivirus.

- Spider-Man 2 is a PS5 exclusive and will be announced at E3 2019
- PS5 is $499, no region locking, and is backwards compatible with every PlayStation disc ever
- Last of Us 2 will get an upgraded port for PS5 on launch
- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is a launch title for PS5

Spider-Man 2 will also run on the PS4, but at 24fps (for an enhanced cinematic feel). The PS5 will be $399 and won't in fact run every PlayStation disc ever. The disc will be ripped as an ISO onto the HDD and will be required as verification when the title is launched (the disc itself won't actually run the game). The Last of Us, Part 2 won't be upgraded on PS5 at launch and will run in PS4 Pro mode. Horizon Zero 2 is not a launch title - it will launch on PC first and come to PS5 sometime in late 2021 (although it might slip to 2022, according to one of my contacts).

- 3D Platformer staring the Dinosaur from the offline dinosaur game
- New color scheme for the controller is coming: Silver and Gold

The dinosaur game is a 2.5D title, like New Super Mario Bros. The new controller is white and blue (to be marketed as Ice White).

Last edited:
Dealer knows nothing. These dudes should stay out of this thread since it's just fanboy nonsense.

He has pretty solid sources and didn't he leak the info regarding Xbox Series X before others and before the Game Awards? I see a lot of random youtube videos posted here with random sources to reinforce ones preferred line of thinking. So how exactly does a guy who tends to regularly have Mike Ybarra formerly of xbox as one of his regular listeners and someone who participates at times on his podcast, and who has been right on so many things so far, not deserve to be posted here? I'm just confused. Help me out.

vivftp

I've actually heard all of this myself, from several insiders and my own sources (whom I won't name). Turns out that most of it is true, with just a few notable exceptions:

The Halo games are coming to Switch, but will only work in docked mode and won't therefore run on the Switch Lite. Also, Windows 10 on Series X will not only allow you to browse the web, but will also run AVG and McAfee antivirus.

Spider-Man 2 will also run on the PS4, but at 24fps (for an enhanced cinematic feel). The PS5 will be $399 and won't in fact run every PlayStation disc ever. The disc will be ripped as an ISO onto the HDD and will be required as verification when the title is launched (the disc itself won't actually run the game). The Last of Us, Part 2 won't be upgraded on PS5 at launch and will run in PS4 Pro mode. Horizon Zero 2 is not a launch title - it will launch on PC first and come to PS5 sometime in late 2021 (although it might slip to 2022, according to one of my contacts).

The dinosaur game is a 2.5D title, like New Super Mario Bros. The new controller is white and blue (to be marketed as Ice White).

lol, you're funny :)

Reindeer

He has pretty solid sources and didn't he leak the info regarding Xbox Series X before others and before the Game Awards? I see a lot of random youtube videos posted here with random sources to reinforce ones preferred line of thinking. So how exactly does a guy who tends to regularly have Mike Ybarra formerly of xbox as one of his regular listeners and someone who participates at times on his podcast, and who has been right on so many things so far, not deserve to be posted here? I'm just confused. Help me out.
No lol. Before Dealer it was Tom Warren who mentioned those details, before Warren a French website came out with specific details on their website 8 months earlier (specifics that even Dealer and Warrant didn't mention), and before the French website those specs were leaked on Reddit. Windows Central was the last one to confirm those specs that leaked on Reddit in January last year. Dealer gets Microsoft's love because he's their hype machine, that's why Ybarra was on his podcast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom