• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No lol. Before Dealer it was Tom Warren who mentioned those details, before Warren a French website came out with specific details on their website 8 months earlier (specifics that even Dealer and Warrant didn't mention), and before the French website those specs were leaked on Reddit. Windows Central was the last one to confirm those specs that leaked on Reddit in January last year. Dealer gets Microsoft's love because he's their hype machine, that's why Ybarra was on his podcast.

I believe he dropped his video BEFORE windows central dropped their story, He came first, the rest followed afterwards.

And besides being an obvious major xbox fan, he seems pretty cool and reasonable. He doesn't strike me as a playstation hater at all. Regularly compliments what they do right and their titles. He questions xbox's first party efforts fairly often and didn't just make excuses for them. He seems to be careful with what he says and usually won't say certain things unless it's absolutely sourced well and he's confident about it. Even in this latest video he suggests that the ram parts are questionable, but he was specifically told the gpu metrics were accurate, at least where the xbox series x were concerned. I don't know.

Last edited:

Disco_

Massive :LOL: no. Just way, way, way too costly. Would easily be a BOM of $250-$320 for it alone (never mind the interposer...and yes this includes Sony buying in bulk).

Time to give up the ghost on HBM2E; not economically feasible (especially since SK Hynix and Samsung are selling them at high prices since other purchasers are willing to pay the premium).

Three years ago, HBM cost about $120/GB. Today, the unit prices for HBM2 (16GB with 4 stack DRAM dies) is roughly $120, according to TechInsights. That doesn’t even include the cost of the package.

TeamGhobad

Banned
RDNA 2.0 confirmed?

didn't know the GPU was called Scarlett..is this accurate?
B6r69mv.png

Reindeer

I believe he dropped his video BEFORE windows central dropped their story, He came first, the rest followed afterwards.
Watch that video again, he does not mention any specifics like Windows Central, he just talked about 4/12 tflops figure that was out there for almost a year already. Windows Central actually gave specific details like size of ram, type of ram, NVMe drive (I think they were first to say it's NVMe). The guy maybe knows a few people, but his info is usually very limited and based in what's already out there. The guy is an Xbox fanboy and you shouldn't be taking information from fanboys when it comes to stuff like this.

Last edited:

Dim

Banned
Actually Phil Spencer went on to record multiple times saying that they want a first party Japanese studio.
Sorry but seems Japanese actually they don't want partnership with MS,the least they can try to buy is Tamagotchi.
I believe Phil can't just buy first party Japanese studio, not even Tamagotchi.
Not even Bill Gates could succeed business in Japan,

Q7JzFXa.jpg

Adam_802

PS5: "What's the scouter say about the Series X's power level?"

Sony: "Its over 12 teraflopssss!!!!!"

PS5: "What!? 12 teraflops!? That's impossibleee!!!!1111"

Reindeer

Sorry but seems Japanese actually they don't want partnership with MS,the least they can try to buy is Tamagotchi.
I believe Phil can't just buy first party Japanese studio, not even Tamagotchi.
Not even Bill Gates could succeed business in Japan,

Q7JzFXa.jpg
It doesn't have to be a big studio. You also shouldn't dismiss anything where there's lots of money involved.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Dim

Nydus

I can't really push myself to care about the power this time around :/

Sony said this gen that 60fps gaming is important blablabla but (like always) we get lucky if shit runs at stable 30fps. Don't know if this will change next gen.

Also I tend to get the better hardware but with Sony exclusives I don't know. Even if ps5 is weaker, since I can play most Xbox games on pc nowadays I just combine steam big picture and Xbox gamepass and be done with it.

Or am I missing something here?

Watch that video again, he does not mention any specifics like Windows Central, he just talked about 4/12 tflops figure that was out there for almost a year already. Windows Central actually gave specific details like size of ram, type of ram, NVMe drive (I think they were first to say it's NVMe). The guy maybe knows a few people, but his info is usually very limited and based in what's already out there. The guy is an Xbox fanboy and you shouldn't be taking information from fanboys when it comes to stuff like this.

But we all regularly post stuff from playstation fanboys on here with no issue at all? I'm sure you must see where the problem is here. Are we not taking info from xbox fanboys specifically, or fanboys in general, because a lot of playstation fanboy stuff is quite often posted here when they apparently have very little to no record of actually having any sort of industry connection, which love him or hate him, dealer does.

Gamernyc78

Banned
But we all regularly post stuff from playstation fanboys on here with no issue at all? I'm sure you must see where the problem is here. Are we not taking info from xbox fanboys specifically, or fanboys in general, because a lot of playstation fanboy stuff is quite often posted here when they apparently have very little to no record of actually having any sort of industry connection, which love him or hate him, dealer does.

You mean like bs from Timdog? 😂😂😂 Or Colt Eastwood 🤔 or Pennelo?

Last edited:

Reindeer

People can post what they want, but usually fanboy stuff is very easily debunked and dismissed no matter where the information comes from. I'm just saying that taking such sensitive information from people who clearly have bias is no way productive or useful unless one wants to follow a specific narrative they chose to believe in

Dim

Banned
RNDA 2.0 cards will ship ready in summer? so why not?
Ok holidays 2021 maybe is to much
AMD announced RDNA 10 June 2019, launched on July 7, 2019 .,PS5 with RDNA 1 holidays 2020
AMD CES 2020 announced RDNA 2???????? launch on ???? 2020,XBOX SEX RDNA 2 summer 2021????

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
Ok holidays 2021 maybe is to much
AMD announced 10 RDNA 1 June 2019, launched on July 7, 2019 .,PS5 with RDNA 1 holidays 2020
AMD CES 2020 announced RDNA 2???????? launch on ???? 2020,XBOX SEX RDNA 2 summer 2021????

it makes sense. all the devs complained about xbox devkits not being ready. now we know why. RDNA 2.0 was not ready. this why devkits were delayed.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
He has pretty solid sources and didn't he leak the info regarding Xbox Series X before others and before the Game Awards? I see a lot of random youtube videos posted here with random sources to reinforce ones preferred line of thinking. So how exactly does a guy who tends to regularly have Mike Ybarra formerly of xbox as one of his regular listeners and someone who participates at times on his podcast, and who has been right on so many things so far, not deserve to be posted here? I'm just confused. Help me out.
I don't want to go too far off topic, but there's enough videos and tweets across social media when it comes to proof that he often doesn't know what he's talking about. He may know some stuff and know people from Xbox, but he still posts a lot of crap on YouTube and Twitter.

He didn't drop nearly as much major information as you all seem to think lol. We already had the specs with the exception of 8GB GDDR5 through SuperDAE (remember that??) hacked documents lol. There was also inaccurate information about the amount of ram allocated to games on release for PS4, specifically to counter more accurate info that came from DF. You guys have a rosy memory of what he really did. He just fed everyone anti-xbox sentiment and regurtitated public info we were already getting on microsoft's drm plans well before he said a thing. Dead Rising 3 info wasn't that big a reveal either. You could have saw that coming based on capcom remarks about their engine and what studios were working closely with microsoft based on public statements.

So yea.. not giving him too much credit lol. He didn't give us the specs, someone else did. All else was in the public sphere, and getting something as major wrong regarding the GPU on xbox one being downclocked prior to release is no small thing, even getting wrong information about bad yields of Xbox One at a time when there was no such issue that warranted concern? You guys are seeing what you want to is how i see it.

Of course you don't want to admit his correct rumors because it was pain in the ass for you, Xbox fans. That's a fact. Of course some rumors were wrong, but also some rumors were correct.

TLZ

Banned

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I don't recall seeing people posting videos from PlayStation fans that are as toxic as Dealer and Colteastwood. lol

Rand is pro Xbox and I'm sure people would be more than happy to see his videos than Dealer's & Colt's.

Reindeer

I don't recall seeing people posting videos from PlayStation fans that are as toxic as Dealer and Colteastwood. lol

Rand is pro Xbox and I'm sure people would be more than happy to see his videos than Dealer's & Colt's.
Yeah, Rand tries to be fair. Also Brad Sams is s fair individual even though he's pro Microsoft.

I don't want to go too far off topic, but there's enough videos and tweets across social media when it comes to proof that he often doesn't know what he's talking about. He may know some stuff and know people from Xbox, but he still posts a lot of crap on YouTube and Twitter.

Well, I'm ignoring the rest of that. I only JUST recently started following and listening to his podcast and subscribing to his youtube page to get notifications, but from the stuff I see, it's all pretty solid gaming talk from real fans. Even people mocking Tim Dog, regardless of what people think about him on twitter etc, when they go on that podcast, I hear a lot of very reasonable, realistic talk from fans who are excited about the next gen consoles, that who are also critical about Microsoft's first party efforts and how much they need to improve to get it to where Sony's is. Hell, you'll often here Tim saying that Sony is going to bring some pretty heavy shit when they're ready to make their move and that it's something that Xbox should be ready for, so there isn't even any blatant shitting on sony or playstation that goes on in the podcast. There may be a few things here or there, but they're hardly what I would call extreme.

All that aside, i'm a recent listener, but based on what i've heard so far he doesn't strike me as someone who just spews bs. Maybe his videos or social media posts are titled a certain way, I don't know, but when you go in and listen, he sounds pretty reasonable, but this isn't a thread about him, so I'll stop it there.

Xbox SX and PS5 playing every disc ever. Would he mean locally and no need to download the games? That'd be super.

That would be sweet. I wonder how they would work that for 360 & PS3. Seems like they'd actually have to emulate the CPUs. Not a big deal for PS1 or 2, but I can see 360 and PS3 giving them grief. Previously, MS has been converting the 360 games to x86 code, obviously that requires a patch.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Dim

Banned
they had to. gamers don't want cards without RT.
When you sell a product like CPU and GPUs you have some contracts with companies.
So many PCs and Laptops and Gpus ready to launch at market with RDNA 1.
Rdna 1 support RT through shaders.
Cant AMD kill a whole gen of new products to give pleasure to gamers.
Market dont work like this.
RDNA 2 must be launch end of summer 2020.
When Phils say i have a XBOX sex in my house,probably is RDNA 1,or Phil say PR lies..............
For sure follow the recipe of last gen both consoles have a RDNA1 Gpu with RDNA2 genes inside

Reindeer

Well, I'm ignoring the rest of that. I only JUST recently started following and listening to his podcast and subscribing to his youtube page to get notifications, but from the stuff I see, it's all pretty solid gaming talk from real fans. Even people mocking Tim Dog, regardless of what people think about him on twitter etc, when they go on that podcast, I hear a lot of very reasonable, realistic talk from fans who are excited about the next gen consoles, that who are also critical about Microsoft's first party efforts and how much they need to improve to get it to where Sony's is. Hell, you'll often here Tim saying that Sony is going to bring some pretty heavy shit when they're ready to make their move and that it's something that Xbox should be ready for, so there isn't even any blatant shitting on sony or playstation that goes on in the podcast. There may be a few things here or there, but they're hardly what I would call extreme.

All that aside, i'm a recent listener, but based on what i've heard so far he doesn't strike me as someone who just spews bs. Maybe his videos or social media posts are titled a certain way, I don't know, but when you go in and listen, he sounds pretty reasonable, but this isn't a thread about him, so I'll stop it there.
You still on that RDX juice 😁. Sometimes their bs and bias takes a while to expose itself, juts give it time.

kungfuian

Makes more sense than the 40 CU (4 disabled) theory for back compat.
PS4 18CU/ 20 is total
PS4 pro 36CU/ 40 total
PS5 56CU/ 60 total
The same increase of CUs like ps4 to pro, but compensated with the gains of RDNA and higher clock speeds.

I subscribe to this same logic but shouldn't the correct answer be 54CU cause math and stuff?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Another day with a day late and a dollar short, nothing from buttcheekman or any of such. God this is boring someone spice it up a little please

PocoJoe

Banned

That is how many people make money:

Talking some already known facts, add bullshit, sound reasonable = many think that this sounds legit, and he gots lot of followers so must be trustwortht

Same shit goes on aliens/bigfoot/other weird shit area, some dudes make tons of money by sounding reasonable

Thing is, anybody with certain skills/traits can talk shit and make it sound right.

As you said, you are new listener.

So, logically if we assume that here are people that have been following his stuff for longer time and concluded that he isnt trustworthy:

A: you should trust him "because he sounds reasonable"

B: should not trusth him because other people know the truth(assuming they arent lying)

There are millions/billions of people that believe in fairytales (religions) because "it sounds reasonable"

Millions of kids believe in a fat dude that brings them gifts because that is what their parents said and it sounded reasonable

My point is:

They make money from it, so they can sound reasonable 100% but that means nothing, only naive and gullible would take that as proof. And people like that pay their salary.

People even defend them because of human nature, it is easier to defend and believe someone whom has fame & sounds legit, than someone random that says they are scammers.

Kind of like when man tries to tell his female friend that the guy tries to hit on her is an asshole: she just thinks that he is jealous and doesnt believe, because "he sounds and acts like a reasonable Guy".. until truth later comes out

Dim

Banned
It doesn't have to be a big studio. You also shouldn't dismiss anything where there's lots of money involved.
If is not a independent big studio why to buy then????
At least must have been an independent studio and develops exclusively for it before being acquired by the console manufacture
By purchasing an independent studio or by founding a new team, the acquisition of a first-party developer involves a huge financial investment on the part of the console manufacturer which is wasted if the developer fails to produce a big game.
Just Phil try to find a way to get some sales in Japan,but a succeeded Japan studio don't risk to lose the Japanese gamers by adopted from MS,no way turn back in Japan after.......

Hi everybody,
i just thought about that CES Tweet from Cory Balrog again.. iam not posting it here again cause I hate doing that stuff with my cellphones..
But he said that he hopes to see a lot robots at CES ... So what if that was an hint about PS5 reveal with trailer from HZD 2???

Imtjnotu

For the same reason they use Jaguar in last gen????
A console price between 400$-500$ maybe?????
Pro use Polaris before it dropped tho. I don't see why both of these companies can't use what's coming.

Who knows. Km just waiting for the reveal and ignoring. Pat rumors at this point

• Thoughtful
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom