• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
No dont compartmentalize without evidence and excuse yourself with the behaviour of others. 'Without evidence' talked shit. First off I didn't 'talk shit' second I provided evidence and thirdly you didn't prove me wrong on anything if you actually paid attention to what I said.
Still believes GTS has better models, shadows and texture. Believe what you want, evidence is here and its clear.

Hage Kamo

Here you go mate, rain i will post tomorow
41643596195_8cfa9c31e6_o.png

42545646921_b8f8556c5e_o.png

27675012667_4f70cba06c_o.png

41822612504_6df31651ba_o.png
Thanks Turk.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Yes exactly like the La Ferrari or the McLaren I showed you. That's when I knew a discussion with you was futile. I told you specifically my issue isn't resolution or polycount it's the use of generic/incorrect textures which make the model look bad even when you're playing the game. It's like you didn't even read anything posted because what did you do? talk of LoD/ resolution and poly count. When I told you to zoom in and provide comparable shots, what did you do? Not provide a zoom on the picture which shows my point and which is clearly visible from behind. Why? because your cherry picked doctored shots to hide and highlight specific things are your agenda. I should have known when you dismissed photos and replays in GT as 'doesn't count' yet are awfully concerned with just zooming in on low res textures in 'photomode' but alas when you posted these shots I know discussion with you specifically is pretty pointless.

Here in case it is still hard and your "blind" as you say others are to see it, I'll provide the zoom for you so that the images are comparable in terms of what I've been saying all the time
Forza 7:
HoeMARW.png

The grill is low res on the other shot but at least it's not an incorrect generic texture I can clearly always see, even in gameplay without the zoom like the headlights, like the McLaren, etc. I'll let you have a guess why Forza uses black leather on cars that have coloured leather too. So it's cool that you completely ignore every discussion and post anyway. You would rather post cherry picked shots but this thread is worse off for it. It's become a cesspool of you and others (from either side) calling others fanboys, blind, delusional, and using words like 'them' to refer to anyone who doesn't agree with you. It's left me questioning my sanity for continually returning to it.
I can see that the texture is not correct on Forza 7 but be honest it doesn't make it look worse does it. Are you using photo mode on GTS tho? I've not got access to my Pro and i don't think iv'e got that car yet anyway.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Iv'e zoomed in on this car, Are those GTS headlights are 2D ? Hard to tell as you can't move the camera in GTS unlike the F7 example i've provided. Xbox X and PS PRO used
Gran%20TurismotradeSPORT_20180603165131%20zoom.jpg
[/URL]
forza%207%20front%20zoom.png
[/URL]
f7%20side%20-%20Copy%20zooom.jpg
[/URL]

Three

I can see that the texture is not correct on Forza 7 but be honest it doesn't make it look worse does it. Are you using photo mode on GTS tho? I've not got access to my Pro and i don't think iv'e got that car yet anyway.
Yes it does because it's wrong and clearly visible. Those are his own shots and yeah he used 'photomode'. Only the photomode where it is the same ingame though.

Last edited:
Lol at calling thelastword in here to try and save you. Like he isn't the most batshit crazy fanboy on GAF. I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.

Looks who's talking. LOL
thelastword thelastword

Just a tip - this guy who called you a fanboy, he came from misterxmedia.com forum site. You know what you should expect from him or from any member who came from there.

Last edited:

Turk1993

Yes it does because it's wrong and clearly visible. Those are his own shots and yeah he used 'photomode'. Only the photomode where it is the same ingame though.
If the texture in Forza is wrong what the hell is the texture on GTS then? its round and pixelated. Forza atleast matches the real patern. This is what i mean with you guys just blindly criticizing Forza.

forza%207%20front%20extra%20zoom.jpg
[/URL]
f7%20side%20-%20Copy%20exta%20zoom.png
[/URL]
Gran%20TurismotradeSPORT_20180603165131%20%20extra%20zoom.jpg
[/URL]
Forza's lighting bulb look more like the real thing
28682220938_68be8aa6c6_o.jpg

Three

If the texture in Forza is wrong what the hell is the texture on GTS then? its round and pixelated. Forza atleast matches the real patern. This is what i mean with you guys just blindly criticizing Forza.

Forza's lighting bulb look more like the real thing
28682220938_68be8aa6c6_o.jpg
It's not round at all but ok. Then you clearly can't see the right most headlight either. Not going to feed you anymore. See you around.

Gingen

Banned
First you are still using photomode, where GTS uses higher quality car model. Second you completely ignore my gameplay shot where Forza looks better. Third because of little stretched vender texture you say that car models look better in GTS ok. Just for you i will use photomode to help GTS

La Ferrari
42279001602_8da88de763_o.png

S

stop misrepresenting GTS cherry picking every single LOD problem of the game

201806041235201dslf.jpg

Turk1993

stop misrepresenting GTS cherry picking every single LOD problem of the game

201806041235201dslf.jpg
Yeah keep posting scape Photo's, cuz thats how the in game model looks right? Haha you know whats funny, its still lower res than Forza. The paterns are also more accurate in Forza.
27457094707_022f4a4ae9_o.png

41834450914_78ddeb7de7_o.png

Looks who's talking. LOL
thelastword thelastword

Just a tip - this guy who called you a fanboy, he came from misterxmedia.com forum site. You know what you should expect from him or from any member who came from there.
When you've had a front row seat to the circus, it's much easier to spot the dancing monkeys. But by all means, keep feeding him your peanuts.

Hage Kamo

GTS has three major 3D models. First, a high definition model called scapes, this is a model that can never be displayed in the race.
Second model, a model for photo mode, this is a model that performed jaggy reduction and tessellation processing on racing models.
The third model is a running model.
And the first scapes model that fan boy posts.

Like this
↓      ↓       ↓       ↓
201806041235201dslf.jpg

Turk1993

FM7 real livery resolution on a standard xbox one.....

af9eac44-7b4f-43e3-a8wzqs1.png
Ah now you are comparing the Xbox One with the Pro lol. Was the PC and X too much? Also why didn't you reply to my post where i showed you that even in scape mode the grill was better in Forza. Are you that desperate that you first use scape mode and than compare the livery of the weakest console to show a games livery quality. And then you call my shots cherry picked.

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
Ah now you are comparing the Xbox One with the Pro lol. Was the PC and X too much? Also why didn't you reply to my post where i showed you that even in scape mode the grill was better in Forza. Are you that desperate that you first use scape mode and than compare the livery of the weakest console to show a games livery quality. And then you call my shots cherry picked.

So posting images of GTS only in 1080p mode (only time trial, only bad angles, only bugged cars, etc) is good and right.... posting normal images of FM7 from a standard xbox one is despair.... looks like you are the only desperate

Last edited by a moderator:

Turk1993

So posting images of GTS only in 1080p mode (only time trial, only dab angles, only bugged carsetc) is good and right.... posting normal images of FM7 from a standard xbox one is despair.... looks like you are the only desperate
Yeah comparing 1080p vs 1080p is not fair right? All my forza shots where in 1080p. Also all my last shots are in 1800CB mode so stop crying. You talk constantly about bugged cars this, bugged cars that. What kind of bug is this, the game is already 6 months old. Also funny that this "lod bug" is on every car. You and the other here just can't accept the fact that Forza has the better model in game.

When you've had a front row seat to the circus, it's much easier to spot the dancing monkeys. But by all means, keep feeding him your peanuts.

Lol. I see you have experience being in circus. Like i said in previous post : " he came from misterxmedia.com forum site. You know what you should expect from him". I'm not surprised.

Gingen

Banned
What is the point of this when it was 4K anime livery shot vs 4K anime livery shot?

the point is that on machines with the same amount of ram (8 GB for both ONE S and PS4/PS4 PRO) GTS has better livery textures than FM7.... FM7 has better livery textures only on machines with much more ram than a PS4/PS4 PRO

ShapeGSX

the point is that on machines with the same amount of ram (8 GB for both ONE S and PS4/PS4 PRO) GTS has better livery textures than FM7.... FM7 has better livery textures only on machines with much more ram than a PS4/PS4 PRO

That quote makes about as much sense as this quote:
"When you turn off the power to the Xbox One X, the PS4 has better in-game models!"

Last edited:

Turk1993

42560936181_f3283790c2_o.jpg

Lol. I see you have experience being in circus. Like i said in previous post : " he came from misterxmedia.com forum site. You know what you should expect from him". I'm not surprised.
You're right. Because i was a member of another site, along with several others, everyone must discard everything i say. Thelastword is gospel. We must worship the spoken word. Thanks for correcting me. Lol.

thelastword

Banned
So this thread is no longer about legit comparisons and proper arguments but about cherrypicking shots and trolling........People have no arguments so they attack other persons instead of explaining their position, people just spam shots out of context without specifics or a technical breakdown and believe that they are doing god's work....Carry on then, I'll leave this video here....

Even from Forza 5, Eh!...even Forza 4 as has been shown previously, many elements of Forza was stripped down. All that Fog in the background in F7 to mask detail and save GPU cycles, lower shadow detail in F7 over F6 or prior entries, better foliage in F4 tracks over F7 et al.........

Anytime you see a game is so huge in size this generation, it's because it's "baking" perhaps with more aplomb than Martha Stewart.......About 100GB for Forza 7, all that shadow and reflection data won't render in real-time or use heavy GPU cycles to render....so all of those shadows are baked right into a Forza file with the bluray diode, ready to pop as innacurately as possible on your screen or "not" in some circumstances.

I think Forza 7 has shown what it has, that ship has sailed, it's been debated ad-nauseum and Forza 7 has been shown to be a sacrificial lamb to the tune of a low-spec base XBOX ONE-S, not that the base xbox power mattered anyway, because Poliphony was always ahead of T10 by many leagues technically; on PS2, on PS3 on PS4....... Best thing to do is to await what MS will show at E3 for Forza and perhaps the cycle will continue, as few things ever change in life, but eh! we shall see...

Last edited:

Dural

This thread is to debate the best next gen racing graphics regardless of hardware specs, it could be running on a 1080ti and it wouldn't matter. All you're doing is bringing console wars into here.

I think Forza 7 has shown what it has, that ship has sailed, it's been debated ad-nauseum and Forza 7 has been shown to be a sacrificial lamb to the tune of a low-spec base XBOX ONE-S, not that the base xbox power mattered anyway, because Poliphony was always ahead of T10 by many leagues technically; on PS2, on PS3 on PS4....... Best thing to do is to await what MS will show at E3 for Forza and perhaps the cycle will continue, as few things ever change in life, but eh! we shall see...

I guess it depends on what you prioritize, turn 10 had been dead set on maintaining a solid 60fps no matter what. That obviously has had an effect on the "graphics" of the game. Frame rate should be considered part of the graphics, but obviously in these racing raphics threads it doesn't have any bearing; it's all about screenshots. Yes, some of the models from turn 10 aren't up there with polyphony, but that all comes down to them subcontracting some if them and their schedule.

sigrad

Four times the cars? What, all 700 cars are on one track? That's awesome. LOL

Cars in garage or in the sales/buy department has nothing to do with graphics in races. Forza renders max 24 cars on one track, not 700.
I'm aware of that.
But modeling 700+ cars and 32 tracks for your game takes more time and resources and may ,or may not, be as detailed as 100+ cars and 16 tracks. Whether or not you think GT:S looks better than Forza 7 or vice versa, what Turn 10 is doing graphically with all the content they put in Forza 7 is really impressive.

I didn't think my earlier post was that hard to understand.

Last edited:

XGoldenboyX

I feel that Racing games Graphics this generation are such a mixed Bag! Drive Club still is my Favorite looking Racer detail and rendering wise !

You're right. Because i was a member of another site, along with several others, everyone must discard everything i say. Thelastword is gospel. We must worship the spoken word. Thanks for correcting me. Lol.

Talking about gospels, i'm pretty sure you have experience with that too. Worshiping MisterXmedia or MisterC surelly left some side effects on you.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I guess it depends on what you prioritize, turn 10 had been dead set on maintaining a solid 60fps no matter what. That obviously has had an effect on the "graphics" of the game. Frame rate should be considered part of the graphics, but obviously in these racing raphics threads it doesn't have any bearing; it's all about screenshots. Yes, some of the models from turn 10 aren't up there with polyphony, but that all comes down to them subcontracting some if them and their schedule.
Well, for the amount of dynamic features GT5/6 had, plus the graphics it showed on a hards as balls to develop PS3 with a worse NV GPU, limited by available RAM. It pushed 1280*1080 and 1440*1080 respectively, when all Forza did was 720p. I'm sure if PD only did 720p with worse lighting, no dynamic TOD, no weather with dynamic shadows, worse modelling etc on PS3, it would be a locked 60fps and they would have spare room for even more non-dynamic features....So it's just the case where PD has always pushed the envelope, in every generation.

I feel that Racing games Graphics this generation are such a mixed Bag! Drive Club still is my Favorite looking Racer detail and rendering wise !
At 30FPS, it's a no brainer that DC is untouched, a shame it could not get some IQ upgrades to boost AF and AA out the wazoo, but at 60fps, GTS is where it's at in terms of rendering et al.....

Talking about gospels, i'm pretty sure you have experience with that too. Worshiping MisterXmedia or MisterC surelly left some side effects on you.
Only that I learned never to trust what people say on the internet, regardless of what "proof" they have. It would serve you well to do the same. I see a very similar pattern here. Now we'll both move on because it's detailing the topic.

Tomeru

The only advantage Forza has over GTS, going from the pictures in this thread, is resolution. Lighting, shaders, materials and such - look better in GTS. Model accuracy is also better in GTS (compare the exhaust grill from the LaFerrari pics, or the Nissan gtrs' head/taillights). Sure, Forza has the overall picture fidelity with model and cockpit fully rendered in chase cam, but resolution and picture fidelity isn't everything.

In movement both look good, but GTS has the edge as it looks much more realistic and believable.

Last edited:
The only advantage Forza has over GTS, going from the pictures in this thread, is resolution. Lighting, shaders, materials and such - look better in GTS. Model accuracy is also better in GTS (compare the exhaust grill from the LaFerrari pics, or the Nissan gtrs' head/taillights). Sure, Forza has the overall picture fidelity with model and cockpit fully rendered in chase cam, but resolution and picture fidelity isn't everything.

In movement both look good, but GTS has the edge as it looks much more realistic and believable.
This has been proven time and time again to not be true.

Only that I learned never to trust what people say on the internet, regardless of what "proof" they have. It would serve you well to do the same. I see a very similar pattern here. Now we'll both move on because it's detailing the topic.

Putting me in the same basket with you trying to mitigate your problems and mentality from misterxmedia.com forum? Nice try, Xbone owner, nice try. Your scars from there still remains. Cheers!

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
So this thread is no longer about legit comparisons and proper arguments but about cherrypicking shots and trolling........People have no arguments so they attack other persons instead of explaining their position, people just spam shots out of context without specifics or a technical breakdown and believe that they are doing god's work....Carry on then, I'll leave this video here....

Even from Forza 5, Eh!...even Forza 4 as has been shown previously, many elements of Forza was stripped down. All that Fog in the background in F7 to mask detail and save GPU cycles, lower shadow detail in F7 over F6 or prior entries, better foliage in F4 tracks over F7 et al.........

Anytime you see a game is so huge in size this generation, it's because it's "baking" perhaps with more aplomb than Martha Stewart.......About 100GB for Forza 7, all that shadow and reflection data won't render in real-time or use heavy GPU cycles to render....so all of those shadows are baked right into a Forza file with the bluray diode, ready to pop as innacurately as possible on your screen or "not" in some circumstances.

I wish I could show what's been stripped from previous Gran Turismo games on Ps4 but we can't can we, but there's been stripping back from previous gen of GT. You make out the GT programmers are landing humans on Mars. Turn 10 priorities are different, it's called cutting your cloth to suit and Polyphony haven't cut theirs enough cause Gts runs a mess at times with all the pop in, aggressive lods, glichty shadows, dropped frames and jaggy graphics. I appreciated what they are trying to do but the the Ps4/Pro are just not powerful enough sunshine.

Dontero

Banned
One simple word - Outsourcing. T10 is doing that for every Forza. Dunno, for tracks, but for cars Turn10 outsource car modelling.

And ?
If it was that easy why Polyphony can't ship game with 700+ cars and it needs 5 years to release online only game with barely any content ?
And don't get me started with "quality" because both Forza7 and GTS models are pretty much evenly matched in gameplay and in photomode and so on there is almost no difference also it is not like GT wasn't caught modeling out of literally small car models.

TBiddy

FM7 is much better looking than GTS in almost all areas, as is evident in the numerous pictures posted in this thread. The only place where GTS wins is in lighting. But that is also an important part, so I guess thelastword thelastword can sleep happily tonight.

Gingen

Banned
FM7 is much better looking than GTS in almost all areas, as is evident in the numerous pictures posted in this thread. The only place where GTS wins is in lighting. But that is also an important part, so I guess thelastword thelastword can sleep happily tonight.

cherry picking pictures from a couple of GT haters...

this is how GTS looks ingame

Turk1993

cheers mate and what peoples views of which car has the best details ? I'm on phone so I can't give my opinion
Forza's model has much more polygons and much higher quality self shadowing. Fully loaded cockpit and better grill texture. Also the wheels are much higher quality in Forza.

Yeah says the guy who used scape photo to compare a car model and compared the regular Xbox One with the Pro lol.

Models, shadows, reflections, weather, draw distance, textures, texture filtering, track details, some materials are better and some shaders looks better in Forza. Lighting, some materials and some shaders looks better in GTS. Some models are more accurate in Forza, Some are more accurate in GTS. But in game Forza has always the better car model. That La Ferrari is clearly better in Forza, how can a pixelated round grill be better than a higher quality real like textured grill? So its not just the resolution.

LostDonkey

This is how GTS looks "Ingame"

Posts a replay.

Fucking lol

And to be quite Frank Forza looks much better than that when I'm playing it on my PC it's not even close.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned

That draw distance, that lighting, the sound. All superb.....

Shirrako has the best vids on youtube, even with youtube compression...Wish he could post his vids on gamersyde...

It's all I post of GTS anymore, very nice vid........but I raise you this...

and this

and this

Those low lod cars et al....Tee he he.....Nothing is even close.....

Last edited:

ShapeGSX

That draw distance, that lighting, the sound. All superb.....

Shirrako has the best vids on youtube, even with youtube compression...Wish he could post his vids on gamersyde...

It's all I post of GTS anymore, very nice vid........but I raise you this...

Is that a replay or gameplay?

Edit: gameplay, looks nice!

Last edited:
Top Bottom