• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

I'm finding myself having to ask for a source a lot in this thread...

Source please.

First week sales:
GTS : 982.000
Forza 7 : 172.000

So gts world wide sold almost 6 times more than forza 7

3 times more in UK which is the most pro xbox country in Euope...

Im having trouble following. I guess its the nature of the ignore feature. But if Im guessing someone has got the wrong end of the stick and its now trying to twist it as usual.

Im referring to the results on GAF in regards to the polls/voting. Forza is enjoyed by the majority.

Edit: I suppose its partly my fault for not clarifying I was referring to GAF. But still.

That is a good joke 😂

First week sales:
GTS : 982.000
Forza 7 : 172.000

So gts world wide sold almost 6 times more than forza 7

3 times more in UK which is the most pro xbox country in Euope...

Those are sales reports. You said Turn 10 themselves admitted it was a flop. I'm asking for the source on T10 admitting it was a flop.

Three

Where did they say more people played Forza? If anything, “because all they’ve ever played is GT” implies more people played GT.
Right here:
"They cant handle the fact the majority of people are enjoying another game and theyre missing out I suppose. But they will never admit it"

It implies exactly that and "because all they’ve ever played is GT" doesn't imply what you are inferring at all.
They cant handle the fact the majority of people are enjoying another game and theyre missing out I suppose. But they will never admit it.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Right here:
"They cant handle the fact the majority of people are enjoying another game and theyre missing out I suppose. But they will never admit it"

It implies exactly that and "because all they’ve ever played is GT" doesn't imply what you are inferring at all.

The majority of people on GAF. I mean, we are on GAF arent we? I've not wandered onto another forum by mistake in my old age??

Thats where a lot of these tantrums have stemmed from the fact that Forza had a massive lead in the poll.

Last edited:

Three

The majority of people on GAF. I mean, we are on GAF arent we? I've not wandered onto another forum by mistake in my old age??
Fair enough if you think that but Come on why would sales numbers come into it then and the silly rebuttal that it is in fact the opposite and nothing of the sort was said about more people playing one over the other when it clearly was said in some form.

LostDonkey

Fair enough if you think that but Come on why would sales numbers come into it then and the silly rebuttal that it is in fact the opposite and nothing of the sort was said about more people playing one over the other when it clearly was said in some form.

I didnt bring sales numbers into anything?

Youve lost me.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
If you are talking about FH4 it's a game that you can play free with the game pass and a multiplatform game, it'easy to reach a high number of players , also Driveclub reachedmore than 10 milion players when they gifted it with playstation plus when in reality it sold only 2 milion copies, it's the same with forza horizon 4...as for forza 7 it was a flop, even turn 10 admitted it...
It’s not free you actualy have to pay for gamepass to play it

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Thats where a lot of these tantrums have stemmed from the fact that Forza had a massive lead in the poll.
I don't think anyone is saying Forza is a bad game (it's not) but here in a graphic's comparison thread, there are games that do certain things better than Forza

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
You say this and then I showed you plenty of examples where thats not true. I was actually hoping there was a higher forza lod setting I was missing.
mN28Rlb.png

And this is the same lod as gameplay cockpit view but you seem to focus on the three big knobs that are lower poly as the picture you posted. But things I notice are how how the air-vent slots are modeled to hold blades. And how the center console fits in tightly against the dash. Which equate to higher quality to me. Looking at the forza version, there is no fitment it just goes through. If you know a thing about 3d modeling you can see a lot of hard edges in forza models too which is just kind of an eye sore.

The engine being modeled is cool, definitely something that took a lot of time. But I wish they spent that time making the interior super tight or at least made it higher poly with better materials. Still pretty cool to see.

Fyi higher lod pics were from the livery editor that people spend hours upon hours on.

Its funny people in this thread go its a graphical thread, go max settings or this is game X vs game Y in there best form;
But for GTS its, no scape, no livery, no replays, no photomode, no cockpit. Let me only see this low lod, no high allowed. If I dont see it, it doesnt exist.

I just want to see amazing graphics :)
Again you are in photomode just zooming and zooming and cutting while ignoring the bad polygons that you see in gameplay on GTS. I have literally posted gameplay models from both games interior and exterior and Forza was superior in and out. But you jus't can't accept it don't you. You ignore the whole model thats been used in game but are focused on air vents in zoomed photomode. You don't see the difference between this
49549860937_792ee76abb_o.png

and this
49549744017_b2b5d2e76c_o.png

but make a big deal about one small part of this vent
49548958187_79cfeb8ebf_o.png

and again completely ignore the other parts where Forza is clearly looking better like the red knobs the corner of the middle console the steering wheel the whiper handle lever and the top part of the middle screen.
49549200426_6bdf1107e6_o.png

And the reasons whe don't compare the scape models is the reasons whe don't compare the Forzavista models. They are both absent in gameplay, and GTS lod is even lower so its not even close to what you see while playing. Its like me posting this and saying that Forza Motorsport 4 car model is better than anything on the market right now outside newer Forza's
forza-motorsport-4-20110923090604763.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-20110923090608156.jpg

997653_20110922_screen004.jpg

FM4_1993_McLaren_F1.jpg

Turk1993

I don't think anyone is saying Forza is a bad game (it's not) but here in a graphic's comparison thread, there are games that do certain things better than Forza
Ofcourse, i praised GTS for its shaders/materials and lighting work, i praised DC for its weather and reflections and such. Like i told you guys, there is no perfect game that does everything right. What im saying is that Forza Horizon 4 on pc does alot more thing better than those other racers, and i include Forza Motorsport 7 also in those other racers. Forza Horizon 4 also has places where it can be improved, but its smaller than all the other racers mentioned in this thread. Its just the overal best looking game when you put all of it together. But that doesn't mean that those other games are not good looking or bad looking. I know i posted alot of the bad stuff for GTS, but i would not call it ugly. There are still moments that it can look fantastic just like DC and other racing games.

Whats that little side flap on the F1 just out of interest?
thats the trunk, its on the sides
Screenshot-33.png

LostDonkey

Ofcourse, i praised GTS for its shaders/materials and lighting work, i praised DC for its weather and reflections and such. Like i told you guys, there is no perfect game that does everything right. What im saying is that Forza Horizon 4 on pc does alot more thing better than those other racers, and i include Forza Motorsport 7 also in those other racers. Forza Horizon 4 also has places where it can be improved, but its smaller than all the other racers mentioned in this thread. Its just the overal best looking game when you put all of it together. But that doesn't mean that those other games are not good looking or bad looking. I know i posted alot of the bad stuff for GTS, but i would not call it ugly. There are still moments that it can look fantastic just like DC and other racing games.

Screenshot-33.png
Haha. Nice. Didn't know that.

l2ounD

Again you are in photomode..

but make a big deal about one small part of this vent..

lol, as you post photomode images. :messenger_tears_of_joy: I already said GT's could be a lot better.

And here's the whole comparison I made after you said Forza had the better interior, ill probably take some more, its fun looking at this stuff. And these are gameplay cockpit lods no?

mN28Rlb.png

bt6GcLE.png

zODYB8V.png

15BElFA.png

g1lXdOT.png

3LQMk1v.png

otG0qas.png

dkPkzY2.png

Oh and do you have higher vista lods of the sti or miata? I'd like to see higher res stuff

Last edited:

Screenshot-33.png
It's actually even more interesting than that.
s3SouXS.png

The circled area is a cover for a modem - every F1 has a modem that transmits data from the car's ECU to McLaren remotely, I presume so they can monitor them for if any red flags start showing and they need to contact the owner for service.

Again you are in photomode just zooming and zooming and cutting while ignoring the bad polygons that you see in gameplay on GTS. I have literally posted gameplay models from both games interior and exterior and Forza was superior in and out. But you jus't can't accept it don't you. You ignore the whole model thats been used in game but are focused on air vents in zoomed photomode. You don't see the difference between this
49549860937_792ee76abb_o.png

and this
49549744017_b2b5d2e76c_o.png

but make a big deal about one small part of this vent
49548958187_79cfeb8ebf_o.png

and again completely ignore the other parts where Forza is clearly looking better like the red knobs the corner of the middle console the steering wheel the whiper handle lever and the top part of the middle screen.
49549200426_6bdf1107e6_o.png

And the reasons whe don't compare the scape models is the reasons whe don't compare the Forzavista models. They are both absent in gameplay, and GTS lod is even lower so its not even close to what you see while playing. Its like me posting this and saying that Forza Motorsport 4 car model is better than anything on the market right now outside newer Forza's
forza-motorsport-4-20110923090604763.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-20110923090608156.jpg

997653_20110922_screen004.jpg

FM4_1993_McLaren_F1.jpg
Also on fh4 Knobs and air vents etc. are pretty squared,and that is the full lod model since it is on PC...pretty embaracing.
Im'curious to see how this compares vs the full lod scapes/menu models of GTS... We can compare also forza vista models if you want.

"i have literally posted gameplay models from both games interior and exterior and Forza was superior in and out"

Lol again ,forza doesn't have better models,at best they have some more poligons at full lod on pc/xbox vs the game model of the GTS (as for scapes models they are on a completely different league compared to forza), but as for details,material reproduction,proprtions and overall accuracy compared to real life GT has simply the best cars around. You are the one who don't want to accept this

Turk1993

lol, as you post photomode images. :messenger_tears_of_joy: I already said GT's could be a lot better.

And here's the whole comparison I made after you said Forza had the better interior, ill probably take some more, its fun looking at this stuff. And these are gameplay cockpit lods no?

mN28Rlb.png

bt6GcLE.png

zODYB8V.png

15BElFA.png

g1lXdOT.png

3LQMk1v.png

otG0qas.png

dkPkzY2.png

Oh and do you have higher vista lods of the sti or miata? I'd like to see higher res stuff
Again nice flip flopping, atleast post the full conversation instead of just cutting one part of the conversation like you always do with your photomode comparisons. There where guys saying that it was not fair to post pc vs console in this thread, but this thread is not about console vs pc like i told them 100x times, its about the games on the strongest hardware they run on. And you just post that post wich i liked to mislead the people in here. That was all for pc vs console argument. Maybe next time you should read the full conversation before posting stuff, instead of taking one part and tryna act like im ok for one game and not ok for the other. And i posted the gameplay version also but hey you ignored it once again, and those cockpit shots where also gameplay
49549862292_62dddc6d1d_o.png

49549753572_fda4e59e80_o.png

"Oh and do you have higher vista lods of the sti or miata? I'd like to see higher res stuff "
I will post them if you can first post the interior of this car :)
49558778441_91a0fdd1a3_o.png

49558778361_9737250d44_o.png

Oh btw thats the livery editor wich has the same scape model ;)
Also on fh4 Knobs and air vents etc. are pretty squared,and that is the full lod model since it is on PC...pretty embaracing.
Im'curious to see how this compares vs the full lod scapes/menu models of GTS... We can compare also forza vista models if you want.

"i have literally posted gameplay models from both games interior and exterior and Forza was superior in and out"

Lol again ,forza doesn't have better models,at best they have some more poligons at full lod on pc/xbox vs the game model of the GTS (as for scapes models they are on a completely different league compared to forza), but as for details,material reproduction,proprtions and overall accuracy compared to real life GT has simply the best cars around. You are the one who don't want to accept this
Yeah yeah, go search for some more Forza Motorsport 4 pictures, or wait don't do that since there they also have a higher lod then GTS. Just look for Forza Motorsport 2 or 1 maybe you can find lower lods there. You guys are really something else holyshit.

l2ounD

Again nice flip flopping...

Again you brought up the sti and said the interior was higher quality and I just showed a bunch of comparison showing why I dont think thats true. Simple as that

"Oh and do you have higher vista lods of the sti or miata? I'd like to see higher res stuff "
I will post them if you can first post the interior of this car :)

I said that because I genuinely would like to see higher graphical fidelity to compare, but you bring up a vgt car that has no interior.. okay, good job?

Oh btw thats the livery editor wich has the same scape model ;)

Cool! :)

Also does this happen in your max pc setting, where the tire has an always darkened shadow burned on top?
NgqdMsd.png

And just so you dont think I'm ignoring your chase cam shot;
kTCs9xw.png

Yes your forza shot is higher res / higher lod and you can see more of the interior. But you say its a generation apart which is a bit sensational and comical
And you go on and on about game play this game play that but right after you take close up photomode pictures of lower lod parts. Zooming in even saying "fully rendered 4K photomode"
Then moan about photomode shots :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Here's some more, "not fully rendered just pressed screenshot"

7Tcqofc.png

:messenger_winking:
kuuaHlW.png

Last edited:

Three

I didnt bring sales numbers into anything?

Youve lost me.
I didnt say you did. What I mean is what's with all the bullshit over here.
Straight after you mentioned more people playing the other, one of the forza buds said it wasn't mentioned at all when it clearly was and made the strangest inference then another came in with this
well there is another thread where GTS has 8.2 mill players and Forza had above that so if the other thread to believed he isn't wrong
And nothing was said. Why didn't you just reply to your Forza buds and say 'I did say it but I ment I think more people on gaf are playing Forza' and clarify what you ment? Easy.

Edit: Going back I see that you have but after the edit I hadn't seen. Ignore this I guess.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Straight after you mentioned more people playing the other, one of the forza buds said it wasn't mentioned at all when it clearly was and made the strangest inference then another came in with this

And nothing was said. Why didn't you just reply to your Forza buds and say 'I did say it but I ment I think more people on gaf are playing Forza' and clarify what you ment? Easy.

Edit: Going back I see that you have but after the edit I hadn't seen. Ignore this I guess.
Forza Bud's? I own both games

this is the problem with this thread, if somebody prefers one game over the other then they have an agenda. its working both ways to. can somebody who has played/owns both games make their opinion without being labelled a fanboy?

Last edited:

Magik85

Yeah on pc and xbox x the lod is better for obvious reasons
You keep bringing this excuse (which is silly because otherwise theres no point of comparing ANY Forza to ANY GT since they always run on different hardware.)
Also if those reason and "obvious" then how come Project Cars 2 menages to have highest LOD cars during gameplay?
On standard PS4 from 2013? In addition to better foliage, textures and real time weather/TOD change ;)

projectcars2_201803195rs65.png

granturismosport_2018x7snn.png

projectcars2_20181009u6jfu.png

granturismosport_2020x5jc4.png

LostDonkey

No worries.

LostDonkey

Forza Bud's? I own both games

this is the problem with this thread, if somebody prefers one game over the other then they have an agenda. its working both ways to. can somebody who has played/owns both games make their opinion without being labelled a fanboy?

This gets me as well.

I mean off the top of my head I play regularly.

Dirt Rally (PC and PS4)
Assetto Corsa (PC and PS4)
DriveClub
F1 (PC and PS4)
Forza Motorsport/Horizon (PC and Xbox)
GTSport
The Crew 1 and 2 (PC/Xbox/PS4)
Project Cars 1 and 2 (PC and PS4)

Plus more. As you can see Ive bought multiple games multiple times over multiple platforms.

Forza Guy. 😂

phil_t98

#SonyToo
This gets me as well.

I mean off the top of my head I play regularly.

Dirt Rally (PC and PS4)
Assetto Corsa (PC and PS4)
DriveClub
F1 (PC and PS4)
Forza Motorsport/Horizon (PC and Xbox)
GTSport
The Crew 1 and 2 (PC/Xbox/PS4)
Project Cars 1 and 2 (PC and PS4)

Plus more. As you can see Ive bought multiple games multiple times over multiple platforms.

Forza Guy. 😂
I personally prefer forza both Horizon and 7 about GTS and Driveclub. Now both GTS and Driveclub are good games and I enjoy them but my preference is forza. Graphics wise horizon is better than Driveclub and when you think it’s open world as well it’s mind blowing, forza 7 again just about pips GTS but both have highs and lows graphicly

Hobbygaming

Screenshot-33.png
Forza Horizon 4 doesn't reach the highs of Driveclub visually but it does look great

l2ounD

you know it works both ways on here, I don't even need to name the Playstation guy lol. Forza horizon 4 is a great game though regardless. have you played it?
For sure, and as a game its super cool. Did you see my comparisons? To say its the best looking in all aspects, a generation ahead, is the entertaining part. Especially when they moan about replays or actual gameplay they think is a replay and photomode when they love to use photomode to show lower lod parts. :messenger_winking:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
For sure, and as a game its super cool. Did you see my comparisons? To say its the best looking in all aspects, a generation ahead, is the entertaining part. Especially when they moan about replays or actual gameplay they think is a replay and photomode when they love to use photomode to show lower lod parts. :messenger_winking:
I have never said those things and there are plenty of people that google screen shots and just zoom in on them 🤔🤔

Forza Horizon 4 doesn't reach the highs of Driveclub visually but it does look great

Having played both, I have a drastically different opinion. Resolution, image quality, and many other things are so much better in FH4. 4k vs 1080p is game over IMO. And there is much more than just resolution differences. Nothing against driveclub, it’s a good looking game, but more recent games have easily surpassed it IMO.

Turk1993

Again you brought up the sti and said the interior was higher quality and I just showed a bunch of comparison showing why I dont think thats true. Simple as that

I said that because I genuinely would like to see higher graphical fidelity to compare, but you bring up a vgt car that has no interior.. okay, good job?

Cool! :)

Also does this happen in your max pc setting, where the tire has an always darkened shadow burned on top?
NgqdMsd.png

And just so you dont think I'm ignoring your chase cam shot;
kTCs9xw.png

Yes your forza shot is higher res / higher lod and you can see more of the interior. But you say its a generation apart which is a bit sensational and comical
And you go on and on about game play this game play that but right after you take close up photomode pictures of lower lod parts. Zooming in even saying "fully rendered 4K photomode"
Then moan about photomode shots :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Here's some more, "not fully rendered just pressed screenshot"

7Tcqofc.png

:messenger_winking:
kuuaHlW.png
And back with the zoomed photomode shots :), and i posted those photomode shots because other wise you couldn't see the side of the car in GTS because the lod is soo low quality in game that they even removed the 360 cam feature after the beta unfortunatly. So i gave GTS a advantage even with rendered 4K screenshot and a higher lod version of the car. And yes those parts that you showed in the interior do look better in GTS, im not a blind fanboy. If you can show me wrong im happy to accept it. but al i asked was gameplay comparisons because GTS in photomode is enhancing everything. And im glad you replied about the gameplay shots of the exterior view, and agreed with me for once. And what you did in photomode i can do it to, but lets do it for the whole car now and let me show you why i think that Forza's in game model is a generation ahead ( this is when counting everything in gameplay interior exterior, so the total render)

But i have to do this in 2 parts because its too much :) and all of GTS photos are rendered so native 4K vs native 4K ( again extra help for GTS ;) )
lets start with the interior
49562966786_4b8c48699c_o.png

49563186027_98a508fdef_o.png

49562975706_c59f85f86f_o.png

49563201277_a51fbdf957_o.png

49562485373_291d973223_o.png

49562986721_afc0b71c3c_o.png

also before going in to part 2, i don't have that problem with the shadow on the tire. Maybe a car related thing? or a bug?
49562508858_5352666e89_o.png

Turk1993

l2ounD l2ounD
Posting Vision GT cars which (some) dont have interiors because they literally havent been made by the car brands?
Most of them have interiors in real life, like those
Mercedes VGT has no interior in GTS but in real life
08-mercedes-benz-vehicles-mercedes-amg-vision-gt-3400x1440.jpg

or this car, its not even a VGT car
Toyota-SFR-Racing-Concept-01.jpg

they could have used the interior of the normal model like they do with there custom race versions of normal cars
toyota_s-fr_019.jpg

Hobbygaming

Having played both, I have a drastically different opinion. Resolution, image quality, and many other things are so much better in FH4. 4k vs 1080p is game over IMO. And there is much more than just resolution differences. Nothing against driveclub, it’s a good looking game, but more recent games have easily surpassed it IMO.
Forza will win in a resolution battle every time, no one's disputing that but when it comes to lighting, Driveclub wins and no amount of P's could change that

l2ounD

And back with the zoomed photomode shots :), and i posted those photomode shots because other wise you couldn't see the side of the car in GTS.

So because you couldnt see it in gameplay, you went into photomode. Didnt you complain about that. lol

So i gave GTS a advantage even with rendered 4K screenshot and a higher lod version of the car.

So when you took a zoomed in shot of the badge or wheels, how is that a higher lod version of the car or are you being disingenuous in your generosity of giving GTS an advantage.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And yes those parts that you showed in the interior do look better in GTS, im not a blind fanboy. If you can show me wrong im happy to accept it. but al i asked was gameplay comparisons because GTS in photomode is enhancing everything.

I'm glad you took a better look at the interior. So combining all the interior comparisons, and I can add more like the boxes for belt buckles in the back. You're telling me the forza interior is higher quality? Which is why I did the comparison in the first place, I had no issue with chase cam pics. It is what it is, a lower lod thats ment to be viewed at that distance.
It is one of the lower quality lods GT has which is probably why you chose it, also with your infatuation with vgt models with no interior.
And it is unfortunate that the lod doesnt get bumped up in photomode or replay when you can get a better look.
But good thing there is a higher quality lod to look at for car porn, but its okay you can ignore it like it doesn't exist.

i don't have that problem with the shadow on the tire. Maybe a car related thing? or a bug?

Did you check the sti or perhaps rotate the tire more. I see it really badly in the miata if you can check that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom