• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

ShapeGSX

Tbh, if I was the competition, I'd be afraid of next gen.......PD will absolutely slay and do deposits from great heights...….I mean this is 1.84TF, these guys are insane.....PD with stronger raytracing tech than the competition, stronger 3D audio, stronger and faster SSD, faster memory, perhaps HBM mix and finally a strong CPU for them to go nuts on simulations, large tracks and ATD details......GT7 is my most anticipated next gen game for pure visual bliss.....

There will probably be 3 or 4 Forza releases before PD releases their next half-finished game. I hope you enjoy that anticipation feeling, because you’ll be feeling it for a while. :)

Last edited:
Here some extra, here its very clear that its not from the door but from the back of the asphalt, just look how the light is going under the car
49572322837_8d7901e3dd_o.png

look at the angel of the sunshine, almost perfectly horizontale
49572095191_3a36b52285_o.png

Are you a troll? Where do you see the light coming from the asphalt ?

How can you not see it? The shadows end where there's clearly things in the way of the light.
k3TVdoN.png

The red circle is where the shadows end, the yellow is roughly where the sun is behind the grandstands (based on shadow direction and length), the blue shows a clear consistent solid object that the sun should not be passing through, but is.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
"you are just a fucking hater"
"who also manipulates the photos of the game to make them look uglier"
"Are you a troll"

Look how desperate you are, constantly talking like this to me without anything to back it up. You was laughing 3 posts ago and now you are attacking me with those false accusations as usual. If you keep going like this i will report you.

and if you can't see from where the sun is shining in those pictures, then you have a problem
49571216913_56fe67b50d_o.png

49571731316_ebf1fcb867_o.png

49571954367_2d2db82530_o.png

Just look at those shadows, its impossible from that angle that the shadows cast like that. They don't even connect with the car. And by looking at the shadows on the grass, you can easily spot that its not coming from the door but through the ground. Look how small the shadows are between them and look at the difference between each door and its impossible that its casting from that angle through the doors and casting sunlight on the bottom half of the car instead of the top half.

And TheAdmiester marked it even for you
How can you not see it? The shadows end where there's clearly things in the way of the light.
k3TVdoN.png

The red circle is where the shadows end, the yellow is roughly where the sun is behind the grandstands (based on shadow direction and length), the blue shows a clear consistent solid object that the sun should not be passing through, but is.

k3TVdoN.png

hqdefault.jpg

LostDonkey

I would have thought with the render farm used to generate GTS baked lighting solution they would have made the effort to get the shadows accurate. People keep telling me that it is number one for ATD and such but its suffering the same fate as the competition there, albeit with a much more impressive lighting solution to begin with.

Interesting.

Turk1993

l2ounD l2ounD
Haha man you really like to show these photomode shots where you carefully pick the parts that GTS renders better don't you :). You can't just post some real gameplay shots of the car model that you actually play with, but like to post those enchanced lod models as usual. Now lets look how they both look in game
49584337851_7775703d10_o.png

49584337571_d1c6898736_o.png

49584582947_77e38808a0_o.png

49583854113_68f72d1414_o.png

49584281766_4e324707fb_o.png

49584279771_d84e1b9241_o.png

and this one caught my eye
49584355621_236a3fef39_o.png

49583863838_375a3de6e6_o.png

Connxtion

(Forza)

Why is it cars that aren’t purchasable in game are always used 😂

keep going to have a look and they are season rewards or god knows.

Never mind I own the above car 🙈 it’s under A for Acura 😂

Last edited:

Turk1993

:messenger_tears_of_joy: you're the guy that posted those sti photomode shots right? What were enhanced in those, you never replied to my previous response.
I just like seeing details and GT's isnt perfect but it tends to show more than others. You can go on and on how Forzas models are better even a generation above.

AWj5AkR.png

sYEg6xp.png

rVn2apI.png

FQjTgVv.png
Yeah yeah you like to see details, thats why you posted 720p compressed youtube footage of Forza Horizon 4 and ignored my Assetto Corsa in game car model lol. And you can see the gameplay model above in my screens, but you don't like the gameplay model because its different than the photomode model that you like to post. And the reason you don't post them is because you can't hide GTS flaws in there. And a question, do you also encoutner this problem with the NSX when you look back
49584661201_206894bd4b_o.png

49584894407_7567488793_o.png

Those look terrible to me, as in the wet road effect is worse than what was achieved on the PS3/360. Why does the road look like it's been shrink wrapped or laminated in shiny plastic? This is what a rain soaked track looks like:

_ony9515.jpg

GBR_wet-800x533.jpg

Some dude at home in his spare time can make a better looking effect for a game that doesn't even have wet weather support.

day_3.jpg

ry3a3uq357431.png

I'll go as far to say that PD did a better job on the PS2.

Compared whatever this shit is:
1570635318-driveclub-tm-20191009151525.png

l2ounD

Is that car meant to have the H badge? Thought it was the A (weird shaped H)

Honda is the parent company of Acura and their cars are badged as Honda over there. In the states it was popular in the tuner community to swap the A to H badge. I saw it a lot for the Integra then RSX. Too bad GTS doesnt have the RSX that was my goto car in FM2

Last edited:

Sebmugi

Those look terrible to me, as in the wet road effect is worse than what was achieved on the PS3/360. Why does the road look like it's been shrink wrapped or laminated in shiny plastic? This is what a rain soaked track looks like:

do not panic it is the only circuit of the game to offer it .. i think that because it is in japan and the tar is very smooth the very wet circuit transphorms in a mirror ;) it is a showcase to show the full potential of SSR <3

thelastword

Banned
Driveclub was a gen ahead of it's time...…..The reflection quality here is so high resolution...….Seems Evo is showing RT like reflections with no RT hardware....This is what many of the raytracing games (the 4 or 5 games) looks like on Nvidia RTX cards....Cleaner here though...
Forza 7 couldn't do it but let's see if Forza 8 can match Driveclub's engine
Good luck with that, it will be another high resolution game, but it has to scale from XBONES.....So don't expect too much relative to graphical ambition......Thing is, if Sony remasters DC for PS5's launch, it would be a world of hurt...…..DC and GTS remasters next gen would show just how advanced these two games were over the competition......They would easily take on Forza 8 and Horizon 5.

Senua

Gold Member
Driveclub was a gen ahead of it's time...…..The reflection quality here is so high resolution...….Seems Evo is showing RT like reflections with no RT hardware....This is what many of the raytracing games (the 4 or 5 games) looks like on Nvidia RTX cards....Cleaner here though...
You're my favourite.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Good luck with that, it will be another high resolution game, but it has to scale from XBONES.....So don't expect too much relative to graphical ambition......Thing is, if Sony remasters DC for PS5's launch, it would be a world of hurt...…..DC and GTS remasters next gen would show just how advanced these two games were over the competition......They would easily take on Forza 8 and Horizon 5.
Yep, that would definitely be the case. A Driveclub with higher res would be the best looking racer next gen

Sebmugi

small precision concerning this image, but here it is not the effects of the rain, the reflections are indeed those created by the mirages of heat on the road .. ^^
like the blur that ripples in the background of the image but which is not easy to retranscribe in photo

But I really can't wait to see the first images of the new car games on next gen .. forza, gt, etc... XP

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
small precision concerning this image, but here it is not the effects of the rain, the reflections are indeed those created by the mirages of heat on the road .. ^^
like the blur that ripples in the background of the image but which is not easy to retranscribe in photo

But I really can't wait to see the first images of the new car games on next gen .. forza, gt, etc... XP
Yes, to really appreciate Sony's games, you need to play them....You need to see them in motion. That's why every video or gif shows how superior GTS and DC are......There are so ATD details you don't see ion screens in DC or GTS, primarily DC.......And it transcends racers too, it's just the way Sony builds a games, so many great looking effects.....Like Killzone Shadowfall, if you are just taking screens you are missing half the game, because there are so many subtle and exaggerate effects you don't see on screens or that are better represented in motion...

People like to shit on the INdia track ion DC, but to me it was one of my favourite tracks... I was pretty blown away by the blinding lighting effects taking the first and subsequent corners in India......Just so realistic and full of detail which have you thinking, "man these guys are a talented lot, they nailed the sun effect in such settings" beyond the cars, large tracks and high quality level foliage etc....DC has that soul, that character in visuals you don't get elsewhere....

scalman

so latest GTS update with 3 new cars and one of them is new fiat 500. so how it looks in cockpit ? it looks bad all is not round all forms that must be round looks just bad, it didint looked so bad on previous ps3 in GT6 , and now it looks really bad , all cars looks good on Forza 7 too , not like in GTS though, here some cars looks good and some looks like forgot to detail them , thats on PS4 pro with supersampled on 1080p. meaning that they just didint cared of detail cockpit view on some cars. its bad , its worse then was on GT6 on previous gen. just look at how cockpit looks at fiat 500 new model. it looks shit. same as dodge viper look in cickpit it looks just shit. doesnt matter how it looks in photo mode in 4k or whatever. it matters how it looks in game when you playing game. looks bad .
thats in game. so you drive with your newest GTS updates with new bought car and you see this shit. never seen this bad on forza 7. and its same on didge vipers cockpits and even new subaru models too. you can find very good detail and round objects on some cars cockpits but not all, so whats problem there ? they just made outside car look good ? ftw GT devs ? we love car cockpits . but not those ones.
ER5p3EJXsAAkz4U

so we had adaptive tesselation on previous less powerfull PS3 console where those most detailed cars looked just amazing in cockpit , whats happened with this gen then ? ftw ?

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Playing Forza after Driveclub really shows a stark contrast in visuals. It's the same thing, comparing GT Sport's replays and Forza's replays

I hope Forza nails the lighting and car shaders next generation

Last edited:

tuyang

Neo Member
so latest GTS update with 3 new cars and one of them is new fiat 500. so how it looks in cockpit ? it looks bad all is not round all forms that must be round looks just bad, it didint looked so bad on previous ps3 in GT6 , and now it looks really bad , all cars looks good on Forza 7 too , not like in GTS though, here some cars looks good and some looks like forgot to detail them , thats on PS4 pro with supersampled on 1080p. meaning that they just didint cared of detail cockpit view on some cars. its bad , its worse then was on GT6 on previous gen. just look at how cockpit looks at fiat 500 new model. it looks shit. same as dodge viper look in cickpit it looks just shit. doesnt matter how it looks in photo mode in 4k or whatever. it matters how it looks in game when you playing game. looks bad .
thats in game. so you drive with your newest GTS updates with new bought car and you see this shit. never seen this bad on forza 7. and its same on didge vipers cockpits and even new subaru models too. you can find very good detail and round objects on some cars cockpits but not all, so whats problem there ? they just made outside car look good ? ftw GT devs ? we love car cockpits . but not those ones.
ER5p3EJXsAAkz4U

so we had adaptive tesselation on previous less powerfull PS3 console where those most detailed cars looked just amazing in cockpit , whats happened with this gen then ? ftw ?
49599971827_7aeca2a6b3_o.jpg

49599100298_4dbcd4f7a8_o.jpg

scalman

yes some cars lookd good, some ... thats the point , not all made same and i cant understand it why , ok with launch cars but if you add new 3 cars and cant make them detailed in cockpit then why even bother, for me its ruins everything. no such problems on forza games.

Turk1993

Really this is getting embarrassing, like who is doing the quality control for these in game models at PD? The Pro is strong enough to atleast render the outside of the car with the same amount of polygongs as in photomode without the interior. this is just pathetic
gameplay
49600795721_b8814d4a98_o.png

photomode
49601057627_61b26f9bd1_o.png

gameplay
49600796936_e4439c9f8d_o.png

photomode
49600797531_e0b10fd504_o.png

gameplay
49600302398_2db23a243e_o.png

Three

ER5p3EJXsAAkz4U

Other than the low res reflection map what is wrong with it?

LostDonkey

Really this is getting embarrassing, like who is doing the quality control for these in game models at PD? The Pro is strong enough to atleast render the outside of the car with the same amount of polygongs as in photomode without the interior. this is just pathetic
gameplay
49600795721_b8814d4a98_o.png

photomode
49601057627_61b26f9bd1_o.png

gameplay
49600796936_e4439c9f8d_o.png

photomode
49600797531_e0b10fd504_o.png

gameplay
49600302398_2db23a243e_o.png

Once again coming in with the receipts.

Showing beyond doubt that in game GTSport is several steps below what users love to show in photo and replay mode.

That adaptive tesselation working overtime to smooth over all the ridiculously low poly edges.

Top Bottom