• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

SLB1904

Banned
Let me know when someone finds some actual gameplay shots of GT7 that look better than these above. ^

No replays. No "mall photo" mode (or whatever that fake background photoshoot mode is called in GT7). Real gameplay. Someone find 'em for me.
''look at these pics in full resolution''

Sebmugi

haters gonna hate i guess

I have nothing to say about the rest and this is just a detail that is not visible in game, but I've never noticed this problem in other racing games. I often use the photo mode and often this nasty detail disturbs the photo :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

Monad

Show me 1 in game screenshot of GT7 or GTS in 3d person view that looks more photorealistic than the screens above and can fool people that its real life. In photomode or drone mode i can also make it look photorealistic and no one will notice it that its from a game. Only time GT looked straight out photorealistic was in replay mode and scape mode. And how is FH5 cartoony looking when the devs literally captured the real sky and used photogrammetry and color scanning in different seasons to achieve the most true the life version of Mexico they experienced. They said that they handpicked the most amazing moments and crazy weather patterns that they captured. People really think that there are no colors in real life or that everything is lifeless.
Have you ever seen how colorfull a country like Mexico really is?
Look how much more colorfull real life can look in a country like Mexico
forza-horizon-5-vs-reality-comparison.jpg

fh5comparison.jpg

4YwVDPs.jpg

RevKZS4.jpg

m0WQAz3.jpg

9VDZbLi.jpg

And yes GT7 lighting is also super impressive and realistic looking, they nailed it as always. But that doesn't mean that the lighting in Forza is not realistic or cartoony looking.

/Thread

nemiroff

Gold Member
Let me know when someone finds some actual gameplay shots of GT7 that look better than these above. ^

No replays. No "mall photo" mode (or whatever that fake background photoshoot mode is called in GT7). Real gameplay. Someone find 'em for me.
9hZwcpO.png

Fake Edit: Oh I'm so sorry, I just noticed you wrote "no replays", my bad.

Real Edit: Please don't get triggered, I'm kidding, every game can be caught out of bounds sometimes, including FH5, I actually think GT7 looks great - some times

Last edited:

Utherellus

Why not compare it with the xbox version? Because you know GTS looks better so you use the PC version to compare it with…what a clown.

Also some of you claiming that FM8 already is better is a big joke. But at the same time still crying and shitting on everything GT7. FM8 is nothing more them a concept trailer and a name.

The game does not exists.

gimme the name of whatever you are smoking.

gBrLhvo.png

Alpha playtest has been a thing since April 2021

Game is targeting Q4 2022 release, objectively being superior in fidelity and simulation complexity to the competition because of next-gen nature.

Yall expect GT7 to beat physic laws on 2013 low powered jaguar cores.

Last edited:

Inviusx

Its clear to me that some of you never saw or played Forza Horizon 5 running on a high end pc. The level of detail is unmatched, the lighting is incredible and the world is the most dynamic open world in a racing game. I play the game maxed out at 4K with 70fps avg and it looks better than any other game you can name (i have played all of them on PC and PS5).

Here some direct gameplay shots (in HDR it looks even better)
51817558260_d4b7fb6419_o.jpg

51657546826_53f783112b_o.jpg

51817190489_a11b0da9e1_o.jpg

51817558360_8e99920747_o.jpg

51816954303_34604dbca4_o.jpg

51816956823_b904e7d656_o.jpg

51817557985_55b736a665_o.jpg

51679340311_e3f508c4c8_o.jpg

51655977234_f8a8c9f4bb_o.jpg

51817562535_8630b5423c_o.jpg

@Coulomb_Barrier lol yeah sure buddy

Yeah I don't think GT is ever going to come close to the insane environmental detail of FH. Anyone that says otherwise is kidding themselves. The game looks absolutely nuts.

I think GT still prevails in lighting though. If we had GTs lighting model and FH's world it would be the most bonkers looking game ever conceived.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Pretty much reach the point in these high end racing games where they look as impressive as each other with the main difference being tone, style, and overall presentation.

NewChoppa

Banned
gimme the name of whatever you are smoking.

gBrLhvo.png

Alpha playtest has been a thing since April 2021

Game is targeting Q4 2022 release, objectively being superior in fidelity and simulation complexity to the competition because of next-gen nature.

Yall expect GT7 to beat physic laws on 2013 low powered jaguar cores.

I have a friend who was a part of the Forza playtests who said the game was being tested on Xbox One along with the Series consoles. Probably very hard for you to take my word for that (not sure if I can post any screenshots here) but take it as you will haha

Of course, there’s probably a pretty big chance the game ends up releasing on PC and XSX/S like they initially said, but I do find it a little odd that they’re testing the game on a console it won’t even release on. Guess we’ll have to wait and see

Last edited:

Sebmugi

9hZwcpO.png

Fake Edit: Oh I'm so sorry, I just noticed you wrote "no replays", my bad.

Real Edit: Please don't get triggered, I'm kidding, every game can be caught out of bounds sometimes, including FH5, I actually think GT7 looks great.

looks like a snippet from an older build :messenger_confused:

Utherellus

I have a friend who was a part of the Forza playtests who said the game was being tested on Xbox One along with the Series consoles. Probably very hard for you to take my word for that (not sure if I can post any screenshots here) but take it as you will haha

Of course, there’s probably a pretty big chance the game ends up releasing on PC and XSX/S like they initially said, but I do find it a little odd that they’re testing the game on a console it won’t even release on. Guess we’ll have to wait and see

Flight Sim 2020 was also initially stated and targeted as Xone game. But they abandoned it for obvious reasons.

But I guess noone forbids developer to playtest game on past gen SKUs.

PKyG3mF.jpg

I fail to see how Xone can possibly handle the generational leap of such magnitude.

Last edited:
Some people are trying hard do downplay GT7 but hyping FM8 as if they have seen anything. It happened with GTSports, and we know how FM7 ended.
I think both GT Sport and FM 7 were great games, and great looking games, albeit doing things a bit differently. I’ll personally going to wait to play GT7 and FM8 before making any judgements.

FukuDaruma

ok. what the fuck. how ? please tell me exactly how. i need to play this. Ill buy the game whatever. my computer is with 3080ti. I am ready
1. Buy Assetto Corsa (the 2014 one, not AC Competizione)
2. Go to Ilja's Patreon and subscribe to download the CSP plugin version with rain: https://www.patreon.com/x4fab/
3. Install both Content Manager ( https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html ) and CSP and SOL ( https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/ ) with these settings:

4. Profit.

Enjoy the best simulator with the greatest modding community and more free cars, tracks and all kinds of addons than you will be able to use in your life.

Last edited:
2. Go to Ilja's Patreon and subscribe to download the CSP plugin version with rain: https://www.patreon.com/x4fab/
3. Install both Content Manager ( https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html ) and CSP and SOL ( https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/ ) with these settings:

4. Profit.

Enjoy the best simulator with the greatest modding community and more free cars, tracks and all kinds of addons than you will be able to use in your life.

Dude makes almost 20k a month modding a car game. Nice hustle.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I think both GT Sport and FM 7 were great games, and great looking games, albeit doing things a bit differently. I’ll personally going to wait to play GT7 and FM8 before making any judgements.
Stunning! Poor FH5 reflections mod compared to this. /s

FukuDaruma

Dude makes almost 20k a month modding a car game. Nice hustle.
He deserves it. Most donations are just $1. He's been providing the most awesome support for any game, ever. AC+CSP has nothing to do with AC alone, it's like a whole new game. It's not just some graphic improvements or the day/night, weather and seasons. Even the physics are new.
Just this "better than Driveclub" rain alone it's worth it. Professional studios like Ployphony and Ployground should be fucking ashamed than ONE guy in his home does this stuff so much better than their teams with hundreds of people and millions.

Last edited:
Show me 1 in game screenshot of GT7 or GTS in 3d person view that looks more photorealistic than the screens above and can fool people that its real life. In photomode or drone mode i can also make it look photorealistic and no one will notice it that its from a game. Only time GT looked straight out photorealistic was in replay mode and scape mode. And how is FH5 cartoony looking when the devs literally captured the real sky and used photogrammetry and color scanning in different seasons to achieve the most true the life version of Mexico they experienced. They said that they handpicked the most amazing moments and crazy weather patterns that they captured. People really think that there are no colors in real life or that everything is lifeless.
Have you ever seen how colorfull a country like Mexico really is?
Look how much more colorfull real life can look in a country like Mexico
forza-horizon-5-vs-reality-comparison.jpg

fh5comparison.jpg

4YwVDPs.jpg

RevKZS4.jpg

m0WQAz3.jpg

9VDZbLi.jpg

And yes GT7 lighting is also super impressive and realistic looking, they nailed it as always. But that doesn't mean that the lighting in Forza is not realistic or cartoony looking.
Hot damn I need to play more Horizon 5

FukuDaruma

You don't even know how resolution works lol
Yeah go outside check reflections of real cars. They probably 100p 😆
Anyway. On the 4th will be a glorious day.
You better get get that 👝 of salt ready.

Do you? I've been a CG artist for more than 25 years, and I am not blinded by fanboyism.

There is a reason they barely showed any real gameplay, and the little they showed had all sorts of problems in shadows, shaders, LOD, reflections, textures resolution, ...

But hey, don't wanna rain on your hype and love parade. Keep up that illusion. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Do you? I've been a CG artist for more than 25 years, and I am not blinded by fanboyism.

There is a reason they barely showed any real gameplay, and the little they showed had all sorts of problems in shadows, shaders, LOD, reflections, textures resolution, ...

But hey, don't wanna rain on your hype and love parade. Keep up that illusion. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
There is a reason they barely show any gameplay.

Enjoy mister cg artist with 25 years of experience lol

For someone not blind by fanboyism you sound like one lol

Sebmugi

Loving the new 240p30 'raytracing'.

JArJuXy.png

reflections from trees are always a disaster in many games.. i'm not going to put an image though from vista mode (with RT on) of FH5 on XSX which shows the same hideous and pixilated thing..;)

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

GT7 amazing hyperrealism:

Yellow car enters tunnel and gets shadow.
White car enters tunnel... and there's no shadow. The car keeps the same lighting as outside the tunnel.
A second later the yellow car lits by itself inside the tunnel...
:messenger_ok: 🤦‍♂️

wmm1emf.png

Sure this game is polished as fuck. Release is gonna be meme fest.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Here. Here's how resolution "works". "lol" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

nuDpjrW.png
thats the problem, you have no idea what you talking about. that's a low-resolution user-created livery probably transferred from gt sport. instead of focusing on the livery. pay attention to the car lines.

FukuDaruma

reflections from trees are always a disaster in many games.. i'm not going to put an image though from vista mode (with RT on) of FH5 on XSX which shows the same hideous and pixilated thing..;)
I don't know about that. Haven't seen anything like that in FH5, but I'm playing on PC.

Those low res reflections, updating at half the framerate are just as bad as GT Sport, but one generation and 4 years later...

FukuDaruma

thats the problem, you have no idea what you talking about. that's a low-resolution user-created livery probably transferred from gt sport. instead of focusing on the livery. pay attention to the car lines.
Oh, really? did your pal Kazunori "probably" told you that they will be using a low res "user-created livery" in their world wide presentation of GT7 in PS5? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_ok: GTFO dude.

Last edited:

Three

GT7 amazing hyperrealism:

Yellow car enters tunnel and gets shadow.
White car enters tunnel... and there's no shadow. The car keeps the same lighting as outside the tunnel.
A second later the yellow car lits by itself inside the tunnel...
:messenger_ok: 🤦‍♂️

wmm1emf.png

Sure this game is polished as fuck. Release is gonna be meme fest.

Just an FYI. The white car does have "a shadow" The headlights from the player car turn on and brighten cars in front when in the tunnel.

SLB1904

Banned
Oh, really? did your pal Kazunori "probably" told you that they will be using a low res "user-created livery" in their world wide presentation of GT7 in PS5? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_ok: GTFO dude.
its because is the same exact livery used in the world finals lol

Sdji9s92uzZmSGikoJ7ExXi2xKhghtDx.png

thats the car livery. in fact im coming back to your post rub on your face when the game release

FukuDaruma

You do know that car is moving?
What does that have to do with it being 8-bit level res, updating at half the framerate of the game and having such a short distance you see shit constantly popping in?

Anybody with eyes can see just how appalling this looks for a PS5 game:

dano1

A Sheep

4. Profit.

Competizone Was $15 dollars and has a free Next Gen upgrade. AC is probably my second favorite racing game.

dano1

A Sheep
What does that have to do with it being 8-bit level res, updating at half the framerate of the game and having such a short distance you see shit constantly popping in?

Anybody with eyes can see just how appalling this looks for a PS5 game:

You drive 80mph and see if you can make out a tree on your shiny hood? Now if it was tested going 10mph with the same results you have a case

SLB1904

Banned

4. Profit.

shitting on gran turismo but praising this garbage.
2022-02-08.png

Oh, I see the problem now. You don't have eyes. "thats the car livery". :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_ok: 🤦‍♂️

i7oHD4J.png
what you even on about now lol

edit: i get it now, my dude thought it was an in-game livery LMFAO.
they don't make cg experts like before lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom