• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

Yeah, but so is Pikachu, and that doesn't seem to necessarily work in his favor, despite how promiscuous one of his taunts is.

2rf7sw0vaj21.png

Seriously, Pikachu, put some pants on. Maybe Scraggy or Scrafty or whoever can lend you a pair.

Hah, pikachu is popular though so maybe his nakedness works. Lol And thats one of my favorite taunts because it looks like hes breakdancing (even moreso when u give him the headband).

I honestly think Bowser jr, Toad, rosalina not so much waluigi over Geno if were going to pull more characters from that universe.

qq more

Yes. Even Waluigi is a more interesting character and has more unique abilities than Geno. Besides, it doesn't even matter, because Geno is not part of the Mario universe. He is owned by Square-enix, and they continuously refused to use him in the Mario crossovers they developed for Nintendo (in which Waluigi, Toad and Bowser Jr. appear!).

Fuck Geno.

I will second that I'd much rather have Waluigi than Geno.

Fucking agreed +10000. Geno is overrated. Waluigi is da bomb.

Drago

Waluigi could have a spot repping Mario sports titles.

I seriously do want him in, probably the last Mario series rep I want.

Also, is there any reason why Waluigi isn't part of the WarioWare series yet? He'd work perfectly in that universe. :(

Azure J

You guys not picking Dasiy as a Mario Sports/Party rep and Mario Land ambassador make me sad. :(

Waluigi's cool and all but eh I guess I skew too classic when it comes to the Mario series. (With the exception of Rosalina)

Drago

You guys not picking Dasiy as a Mario Sports/Party rep and Mario Land ambassador make me sad. :(

Waluigi's cool and all but eh I guess I skew too classic when it comes to the Mario series. (With the exception of Rosalina)

Daisy is one of my least favorite things ever.

I don't know, something about her just makes me hate. :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
how about a goomba

he has no attacks and jumping on his head basically acts as a home run bat

best joke character ever

I did come up with this idea ages ago that Goomba would be the best last unlockable simply due to how to how unexpected it would be.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What about L-Block as retro shock character like G&W and ROB?

While Type A and Type B are easy to use since they are public domain, technically a Tetris character would mean dealing with the Tetris Company and they have some rather funny guidelines.

While Type A and Type B are easy to use since they are public domain, technically a Tetris character would mean dealing with the Tetris Company and they have some rather funny guidelines.

Well it's not a character per say. It's a block shaped like an L. Really now, it could be from anything!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well it's not a character per say. It's a block shaped like an L. Really now, it could be from anything!

Well I suppose they could probably get away with it if they make no mention of Tetris and simply refer to it as a puzzle block since shapes themselves are pretty much un trademarkable.

Anyone here interested in PS AllStars? Had to post this in an OT lol

Smash 64 should be the place for the next Smash to take from. Melee was too fast and heavy for many people, but once you learned 64 I think it was the perfect balance between Melee and Brawl (obviously it could use some tweaks though)

ffdgh

My favorite hitbox of his is his F-Tilt. It actually has the length of his fully stretched out leg, but in the animation, he knees.

invisible knee knee locks are so annoying....and why the heck is he the 3rd heaviest character after dk and bowser sakurai?

invisible knee knee locks are so annoying....and why the heck is he the 3rd heaviest character after dk and bowser sakurai?

All that gear, man.
However, he is not the third-heaviest. Dedede, Charizard and I believe Ganondorf are heavier than him, aren't they?

GamerSoul

Daisy would be fine but I think Rosalina has a better chance if only one princess is needed. She could use those star guys for certain attacks and what not.

how about a goomba

he has no attacks and jumping on his head basically acts as a home run bat

best joke character ever

Sandbag would be the better choice.

SmithnCo

It's more or less Smash related:

Ike_DLC_Kakusei_Artwork.png

Ike's new design (as a DLC character in FE: Awakening), likely how he would potentially look in the next Smash (if he's in).

Who are these artists that they are having draw these DLC characters? We've so far had boob windowed moe-blob Micaiah, Lyn with Rob Liefeld feet, and now skinny bobble headed Ike.

Jeebus.

For a second I thought he had a sword for a hand, and he was a cyborg.

Is it just me or is the perspective really off? His sword shouldn't go in front of his leg if his hand is in that position right?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
For a second I thought he had a sword for a hand, and he was a cyborg.

Is it just me or is the perspective really off? His sword shouldn't go in front of his leg if his hand is in that position right?

Same, I was like, "holy shit".

I thought we have old man Ike?

Yeah, but it spins around in circles while it goes up. If Ike were to go up with that as his arm, it'd be spinning him around in even larger circles, and would look ridi...

Okay, never mind, that should totally happen.

GamerSoul

That's a freaky-ass Ike. I'm not feeling the overall design. Lyn had a way better redesign compared to Ike.

Since Namco is helping out, do you think they will be able to persuade Sakurai to add a couple game play tweaks? I mean overall it should stay Smash but I wouldn't mind little changes to keep it fresh. I mean anything could be better than tripping right? lol. And having a Tekken-like Tag Team Smash doesn't seem that crazy.

I think Smash does a good job of differentiating the unique character specials. Some have invisible frames like Ike, moves with change ups/cancels like Marth's side B and Samus's Down B and so on. I'd like to see more of those little differences for more characters.

Since Namco is helping out, do you think they will be able to persuade Sakurai to add a couple game play tweaks? I mean overall it should stay Smash but I wouldn't mind little changes to keep it fresh. I mean anything could be better than tripping right? lol. And having a Tekken-like Tag Team Smash doesn't seem that crazy.

I don't know, maybe I'll be looked down at for saying this, but I'm totally fine with how Smash plays, I don't play competitively at all which makes my opinions moot, and on top of that I thought tripping was sort of funny when playing local. I guess what we need is more options to turn stuff like that on and off. I would like if they added Team Battle from the earlier Soul Caliburs, but other wise it's all gravy.

You mean 6 out of 6. Geno is a Square owned character.

True. I forgot about that.

Was this article written by someone who has never played a Smash game before? I honestly think that a Digimon has a better chance at making it into the game than any of these picks, barring Mega Man who has been mentioned by Sakurai before.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still wondering what makes them think they can show that to Sakurai, and how it makes itself a premier poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom