• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Another source:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/23/report-tony-romo-out-for-year-with-back-injury/

If the Cowboys are going to get to the playoffs and go on a run in the postseason, they’re going to do it without quarterback Tony Romo.

Romo has suffered a back injury that will knock him out of the must-win Week 17 game against the Eagles, as well as any playoff games the Cowboys play in, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

That means Kyle Orton will start on Sunday against the Eagles and start the playoffs if the Cowboys can beat the Eagles without Romo.

The Cowboys have no other quarterbacks on their roster besides Romo and Orton, so they’ll need to sign someone to back Orton up.

Obviously, this is a major blow to the Cowboys’ chances of beating the Eagles on Sunday and any chance they might have had of winning in the playoffs if they should beat the Eagles. It’s also a major blow to head coach Jason Garrett, who may lose his job if the Cowboys lose to the Eagles on Sunday. The news in Dallas couldn’t be much worse.

squicken

Cowboys fans now pin their playoff hopes to this guy.

kyle_orton_drunk31.jpg

haha if you Google Orton there are like 900 pictures of him drinking. He got benched for Tebow ffs. GG Eagles

Farooq

Banned
rlim.gif

This is the play where he tweaked his back, and is obviously limping afterwards.

Edit: He also said he tweaked his back on a hit in the first quarter.

Branduil

Less than an hour ago:

<darkside156>brandi
<darkside156>you like the cowboys chances this week?
<darkside156>Enron is rooting against them like the true cowboys fan he is smh
<darkside156>I am going to wear my Tony Romo jersey with pride this week

darksidenex

rlim.gif

This is the play where he tweaked his back, and is obviously limping afterwards.

Edit: He also said he tweaked his back on a hit in the first quarter.
It would've been the hit that did it, the gif is just an aggravation of whatever the real injury was

I take that back, that actually looks like an unrelated (minor) knee injury. His core looks fine.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
God damn at Romo being out.

Kyle Orton? They should probably give a call to Brett to see what hes up to this weekend.

I believed in Romo :(

Time to invent a new stat to use against Romo:

"Tony Romo is now 0-1 at playing in 'win-or-go-home' games played the week after suffering a major back injury."

Farooq

Banned
Tony out? People are about to learn how awful this team really is.

Bingo. Tony puts this garbage of a team (built by guy who made his money in oil) on his back.

Man...Feel like shit. I know people favored the Eagles this Sunday, but the Cowboys did beat the Eagles in Philly without Murray, without Ware, and a couple of other injuries. The Cowboys had a legitimate chance at home.

RBH

Bring in Tim Tebow!

Then he can deliver a leg drop to Jason Garrett and tear off his jersey to reveal an Eagles jersey.

Farooq

Banned
It would've been the hit that did it, the gif is just an aggravation of whatever the real injury was

I take that back, that actually looks like an unrelated (minor) knee injury. His core looks fine.

Jerry said (after talking to the medical staff I assume) his back pain traveled down to his leg. However, he said this right after the game.

But, I would agree with what you said initially.

Surge

Can NBC drop the Eagles/Cowboys game for the Packers/Bears?

I'm sure they would like to especially if Rodgers comes back for the game.

squicken

Bingo. Tony puts this garbage of a team (built by guy who made his money on oil) on his back.

Man...Feel like shit. I know people favored the Eagles this Sunday, but the Cowboys did beat the Eagles at home without Murray, without Ware, and a couple of other injuries. The Cowboys had a legitimate chance at home.

Sorry bro :( I like Romo and was hoping y'all would win. The only chance now is to find Tebow. You have no other QBs on the roster. Tebow should be the backup

Can NBC drop the Eagles/Cowboys game for the Packers/Bears?

I'm sure they would like to especially if Rodgers comes back for the game.
Too late now.

That very well could have aggravated it worse. Doesn't take much to worsen a back injury.
I'm just basing it off the foot grab + trip + stumble, and how he tries to avoid landing on the right leg after the throw.

My thought is that any throw could've aggravated it, not just that one. (although that one was awkward due to the leg, so maybe...)

cdyhybrid

Bring in Tim Tebow!

Then he can deliver a leg drop to Jason Garrett and tear off his jersey to reveal an Eagles jersey.

TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!

Farooq

Banned
Sorry bro :( I like Romo and was hoping y'all would win. The only chance now is to find Tebow. You have no other QBs on the roster. Tebow should be the backup

I would rather Garrett suit up and find the magic he had on thanksgiving against the Packers.

Afrikan

I guess I'm the only one worried about facing Orton instead of Romo. I was hoping facing the Cowboys, that Romo would give the game away to us. Now I don't know.

Top Bottom