• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Hammer24

Banned
face-fumble.gif

Face fumbling is awesome!

MechDX

Why in life do we always seem to go back to old habits? Needs to stop and stop now. Seize the day and get every drop of joy out of life!

Wes

venison crêpe
Mariota requested a draft grade? So you're telling me there's a chance?

The committee are going to tell him he'll be the first pick so how does he turn that down.

bionic77

Welcome back eznark.

Settle this for us, who is the biggest pussy in the North? I thought Cutler had a lock on the title but Fraudgers might have surpassed him. Thoughts?

eznark

Banned
Rodgers is just doing what is best for the team and allowing HoFlynn to take his rightful place as best QB in football.

More importantly... Holy fucking shit Romo is a choking ass choker. That was TJ Rubly levels of fuck awful brain cramping.

Are the Steelers mathematically eliminated yet? I had them out as early as March 1, but apparently they're a stubborn bunch.

I think they may surpass my 6-10 mark, though it's still possible. Winning in Lambeau will be tough, but then we have the Brownies at home in week 17, and losing that one will be tough (sorry, Kave, BG).

The D will need a complete overhaul. I think Clark and Woodley may be casualties at a minimum. Be interesting to see what they do with Troy and Ike. I'd bail on Ike in a heartbeat but unless there's a #1 corner in the mid 1st round I think we may be stuck with him. Of course, we let Keenan walk last offseason when he was owed big money.

bionic77

Rodgers is just doing what is best for the team and allowing HoFlynn to take his rightful place as best QB in football.

More importantly... Holy fucking shit Romo is a choking ass choker. That was TJ Rubly levels of fuck awful brain cramping.
Bubububububu Grantlands resident fat fuck Bill Barnwell told me that the advanced metrics show that Romo is not a choker.

Truly, both QBs solidified their legacies in that game.

Where's the Dallas fan who tried to convince us earlier in the season that Romo wasn't a 4th quarter choke artist and tried to use kas levels of stats in his defense?

bionic77

Are the Steelers mathematically eliminated yet? I had them out as early as March 1, but apparently they're a stubborn bunch.

I think they may surpass my 6-10 mark, though it's still possible. Winning in Lambeau will be tough, but then we have the Brownies at home in week 17, and losing that one will be tough (sorry, Kave, BG).

The D will need a complete overhaul. I think Clark and Woodley may be casualties at a minimum. Be interesting to see what they do with Troy and Ike. I'd bail on Ike in a heartbeat but unless there's a #1 corner in the mid 1st round I think we may be stuck with him. Of course, we let Keenan walk last offseason when he was owed big money.
It's basically still possible but as likely as Gata finding someone who likes him.

And letting Keenan walk was one of many mistakes our FO had made. The defense is a joke these days.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Sorry? You'd be doing us a favour beating us.

In fact I'd say the Steelers losing the game would be more damaging to us.

eznark

Banned
Bubububububu Grantlands resident fat fuck Bill Barnwell told me that the advanced metrics show that Romo is not a choker.

Someone finally statistically showed what I have been saying for years, that he fucking sucks in last drive situations. NFLN had a graphic showing him to be the fourth worst quarterback in football in one score games with 5 minutes remaining. The striking thing to me is that he IS one of the best QB's in the fourth quarter overall. To me this vast statistical gulf is exactly what one should define as "choking," or consistently playing significantly below your norm in pressure situations.

Someone finally statistically showed what I have been saying for years, that he fucking sucks in last drive situations. NFLN had a graphic showing him to be the fourth worst quarterback in football in one score games with 5 minutes remaining. The striking thing to me is that he IS one of the best QB's in the fourth quarter overall. To me this vast statistical gulf is exactly what one should define as "choking," or consistently playing significantly below your norm in pressure situations.
Like I've said before, give me Gabbart or Geno over Romo, at least I know they'll be gone in a season or two. With Romo you are getting the worst possible kind of QB, a guy who is good enough to stick around for a long time but won't ever take your team the distance.

eznark

Banned
Like I've said before, give me Gabbart or Geno over Romo, at least I know they'll be gone in a season or two. With Romo you are getting the worst possible kind of QB, a guy who is good enough to stick around for a long time but won't ever take your team the distance.

To be fair he was certainly good enough to win on Sunday, and much better than good enough against Denver. For fucks sake the Packups scores 5 straight touchdowns.

To be fair he was certainly good enough to win on Sunday, and much better than good enough against Denver. For fucks sake the Packups scores 5 straight touchdowns.
If you put Romo on a team with a good D, say the Seahawks, do you think he wins it all? I have no confidence in his ability to get that done, he just finds ways to screw up in meaningful moments.

I'm definitely not trying to say he's a bad QB (for most of his games, anyway) or that all the Cowboys' issues revolve around him. I just don't think he's got what it takes to take a team to the SB and finish the job.

eznark

Banned
I think if you put Romo on a team where he can be the quarterback instead of the Entire Team, yeah he could win it all. He isn't a bad quarterback. On the other hand is kind of the worst quarterback.

Wrayfield

If you put Romo on a team with a good D, say the Seahawks, do you think he wins it all? I have no confidence in his ability to get that done, he just finds ways to screw up in meaningful moments.

I'm definitely not trying to say he's a bad QB (for most of his games, anyway) or that all the Cowboys' issues revolve around him. I just don't think he's got what it takes to take a team to the SB and finish the job.

If Dilfer can win a SB, so can Romo.

I think if you put Romo on a team where he can be the quarterback instead of the Entire Team, yeah he could win it all. He isn't a bad quarterback. On the other hand is kind of the worst quarterback.

That is certainly the dilemma with him. You almost never know which Romo you're going to get, but when the game is on the line in the final moments, you really are witnessing a train wreck over and over and over.

effzee

I was reading a list of perspective FA in 2014, and saw some interesting stuff. If your team could only sign one guy, would you want them to sign Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, or Riley Cooper?

Jeremy Maclin.

1) Baldwin
2) Tate
3) Nicks
4) Cooper

1. Jeremy Maclin.

I don't think it is in Reid's nature to ground and pound. I think he is making do with Alex but knows he needs more. And they are a very WR limited. Probably would address that before Alex. People rag on him but I'm not sure how much he holds them back. They have nothing outside. Bowe is so slow. I can't believe the contract he got

Jeremy Maclin.

Merry Christmas everyone!

If Dilfer can win a SB, so can Romo.
Ultimately I guess we're all just making a lot of assumptions since we haven't seen Romo play on a complete team. Maybe having a good defense would be enough to relieve him of some of the pressure that tends to influence him but I guess there's no way to know for sure other than seeing it happen. I wouldn't want that experiment to take place with my team, though.

jakncoke

Banned

Dont let Farooq see this!

Top Bottom