• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

DMczaf

Okay... we can be friends again! Love me some Chipotle!

now we're talking!

chicken or go home

Of course chicken!

tumblr_m5jcj605rv1r9bcs5.gif

dont you live in la? why would you go to chipotle?

I'm in Vegas, son.

And Chipotle is good and super cheap.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Arby's isn't *that* bad. I like it better than the actual food at Dairy Queen (yeah that's right Texans, Dairy Queen's food is awful) and Hardees.

Smashburger is disgusting while I'm at it. When someone from Dallas brags on it, my brain hurts when you have Braums, Whataburger, and In-n-out to chose from!

Edit: Chipotle is awesome no matter what you have to pick from! I live in Tex-mex Mecca and Chipotle is great!

Bowser

dont you live in la? why would you go to chipotle?

Cheap and decently nutritious if you know what you're doing:

Burrito Bowl with chicken, black beans, fajita peppers and onions, and pico and you're good to go. Throw a little guac on if you're feeling frisky. Skip the rice, cheese and sour cream brah.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Burrito Bowl with chicken, black beans, fajita peppers and onions, and pico and you're good to go. Throw a little guac on if you're feeling frisky.

Steak, black beans, white rice, hot salsa, cheese, and guac....scoop it out with chips. That's living.

DMczaf

Burrito Bowl with chicken, black beans, fajita peppers and onions, and pico and you're good to go. Throw a little guac on if you're feeling frisky.

I do about the same, plus lettuce, cheese and corn.

tumblr_mxlweeYmw01qa3pfso1_500.gif

ShaneB

O_O. Thats a lot of money.

It use to be over 200. Basically traded in every console game I had, and got a fair chunk of change for Steam Wallet funds, + selling card money when that was introduced. Kinda stinks I'm just limited to buying games on Steam sure, but there are workarounds I guess.

In console money that's basically 2 games. On Steam 130 can buy a hell of a lot of games I'll never play!

jakncoke

Banned

Burrito Bowl with chicken, black beans, fajita peppers and onions, and pico and you're good to go. Throw a little guac on if you're feeling frisky. Skip the rice, cheese and sour cream brah.

No can do.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Vegas says: Schwartz won't be back

http://www.freep.com/article/20131219/SPORTS01/312190186

Jim Schwartz’s future has been the subject of rampant speculation recently, and now Las Vegas is getting in the mix.

The online gambling site bovada.lv released a prop bet this week on whether Schwartz will be the Detroit Lions’ head coach for the first game of the 2014 season, and the odds are not in his favor.

Schwartz is plus-200 to be the Lions’ coach next year, meaning a $100 wager would win $200 if he is. He is minus-300 to be working somewhere else (meaning a $300 wager would earn $100).

Of the other coaching prop bets available, on the futures of Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett (minus-140 to be fired) and Oakland Raiders coach Dennis Allen (minus-200 to be fired), Schwartz has the longest odds to remain coach.

Vegas says it? Now I believe it. Great news.

Arby's isn't *that* bad. I like it better than the actual food at Dairy Queen (yeah that's right Texans, Dairy Queen's food is awful) and Hardees.

Smashburger is disgusting while I'm at it. When someone from Dallas brags on it, my brain hurts when you have Braums, Whataburger, and In-n-out to chose from!

Edit: Chipotle is awesome no matter what you have to pick from! I live in Tex-mex Mecca and Chipotle is great!

You are spot on about DQ... even their icecream is ass. I used to love that shit when i was a kid but i hate it as an adult. Culvers makes DQ irrelevant

Smash burger is alright. I've never really heard anyone brag about it tho

It's really hard to be healthy around here during the holidays. All these people I work with start making stuff like this:

soupbeans.jpg

Any of you guys ever had soup beans? I'd never heard of them until I moved here.

New odds of teams winning SBs:

Seahawks 11-5
Broncos 12-5
Saints 9-1
Cincy/9ers 10-1
Pats 12-1
Panthers 20-1
Chiefs/Eagles 30-1
Colts 40-1
Lions 50-1
Ravens 60-10
Phins/Packers/Ari/Bears: 70-1

We have a chance!

jakncoke

Banned
It's really hard to be healthy around here during the holidays. All these people I work with start making stuff like this:

soupbeans.jpg

Any of you guys ever had soup beans? I'd never heard of them until I moved here.

Soup beans is a term common in the Southern United States, particularly the regions around the Appalachian Mountains. It refers to pinto or other brown dried beans cooked with smoked pork as flavoring.1 Soup beans are usually served with cornbread, greens (such as boiled cabbage, cauliflower, or fried sauerkraut and weenies), corn (whole or sweet), and potatoes (stewed or fried) and may be topped with raw chopped onions. The meal is often topped with pickle relish. Soup beans are considered a main course, but also serve as a side dish. In rural areas, where food was scarce during the winter, these dried beans were a staple food.[1]

Sounds hearty as fuck

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All this talk about Chipotle when Qdoba is the superior place?

For shame, NFL-GAF.

All this talk about Chipotle when Qdoba is the superior place?

For shame, NFL-GAF.

I had Qdoba once when i was home in Wisconsin and it was bland as fuck. Not sure if this was a problem with that particular restaurant or not. I hear lots of people hype the place up so i should prolly try it again.

edit---

there are none in Houston... wtf

They will certainly talk to other people, but Lovie will get along great with the people in charge of Houston. He's from Texas and is going to be the antidote to a lot of things that bugged McNair about Kubiak. Lovie's teams were disciplined and played good special teams.

But he couldn't beat Aaron Rodgers b/c they couldn't keep up in scoring, and what McNair needs to ask every applicant is how they intend to beat Andrew Luck. The Texans still have never won a game at Indy. More than anything, that should be the most embarrassing thing about Kubiak's tenure
He couldn't beat Rodgers because Rodgers refused to turn the ball over (that ridiculous play in the NFC CG being the exception). OTOH, Old Favre struggled against Lovie.

Luck might evolve into a qb that never makes mistakes, but right now that shouldn't be the concern. Build your team so it's better than Luck's team if you want to beat him. Lovie can probably do that, so he'd be a good hire.

Most importantly, keep him away from Detroit!

Fantomex

Switching up the conversation, or adding to if if you will. I think these are the most underrated games I've played this year. I wanted to make a mention of these now because they are all currently at the $20 dollar sweet spot or less this week. Project X Zone is $20 at best buy, Arkham Origins is $25 on Steam on sale, and Ni No Kuni is $19.99 at Toys R Us and Target.

1. Batman : Arkham Origins
    This is the best story driven Batman game. I've been reading comics for a long time, and this game is a love letter from the creators to it's fans. The music, menus and atmosphere of Christmas in Gotham are really neat. This game doesn't offer anything new, it just takes the first two games and polishes them greatly. If you can play this on the Master Race PC do so, it's awesome eye candy. And at the $20 ish price it's definitely worth it.
  2. Ni No Kuni
    A traditional JRPG, with some flaws, like they all usually have. The A.I. tends to not really help when a battle sequence begins, funny thing is, that you can actually beat everything this game throws at you just by yourself :) Which in the end balances everything out. This game has a story that brings out the feels, and is not predictable. The graphics are nice, gameplay is about 30 hours and 60 if you want to do everything. I was just really charmed by this game.
  3. Project X Zone
    This game will be the hardest one to convince people of. It's a fan service game. Nowhere near Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre or even FF Tactics. But what it offers you is the ability to play a hybrid fighting/strategy/rpg in which Mega Man Zero, Jin from Tekken and Valkrya Chronicles tanks all juggle a dude in the air and shoot, kick and sword slash an enemy at the same time. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT PEOPLE?

Am I so out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong.

fd9ZsBb.jpg

Switching up the conversation, or adding to if if you will. I think these are the most underrated games I've played this year. I wanted to make a mention of these now because they are all currently at the $20 dollar sweet spot or less this week. Project X Zone is $20 at best buy, Arkham Origins is $25 on Steam on sale, and Ni No Kuni is $19.99 at Toys R Us and Target.

This is the best story driven Batman game. I've been reading comics for a long time, and this game is a love letter from the creators to it's fans. The music, menus and atmosphere of Christmas in Gotham are really neat. This game doesn't offer anything new, it just takes the first two games and polishes them greatly. If you can play this on the Master Race PC do so, it's awesome eye candy. And at the $20 ish price it's definitely worth it.
  2. Ni No Kuni
    A traditional JRPG, with some flaws, like they all usually have. The A.I. tends to not really help when a battle sequence begins, funny thing is, that you can actually beat everything this game throws at you just by yourself :) Which in the end balances everything out. This game has a story that brings out the feels, and is not predictable. The graphics are nice, gameplay is about 30 hours and 60 if you want to do everything. I was just really charmed by this game.
  3. Project X Zone
    This game will be the hardest one to convince people of. It's a fan service game. Nowhere near Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre or even FF Tactics. But what it offers you is the ability to play a hybrid fighting/strategy/rpg in which Mega Man Zero, Jin from Tekken and Valkrya Chronicles all juggle a dude and shoot, kick and sword slash an enemy at the same time. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT PEOPLE?

Project X Zone is also $14.99 on the eShop.

Farooq

Banned
Studying for a final, could not be here to defend my boy...Tony Romo.

Passer rating bitch, all that matters. *Places fingers in ears* LALALALALA

Highest 4th quarter rating, and career passer rating among Top 5-6 ever. He did that with a shitty line for several years and Garrett's (now Callahan's) shitty play calling.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

Look at that fucking list.

1. Aaron Rodgers 105.2
2. Peyton Manning 96.9
3. Steve Young 96.8
4. Philip Rivers 96.0
5. Tom Brady 95.9
6. Tony Romo 95.8
7. Drew Brees 95.1
8. Kurt Warner 93.7
9. Ben Roethlisberger 92.9

In all seriousness. Give him a team not built by Jerry Jones. Give him a coach who is not a fucking yes man. Give him a defense that can force a punt every now and then. It is pretty fucking obvious why this team always fails in December. Teams built by Jerry Jones do not have the adequate depth to survive a 16 game season. For the last three years, Dallas has lost key players on the O-line, D-line and LB group, and it ends up putting more pressure on Tony Romo.

We know Romo is not going carry a team. Build well rounded team around Romo, and he can take you far into the playoffs.

Edit: Last game against Green Bay is Romo's career encapsulated. You have a coach not recognizing the importance of limiting Green Bay's possessions by running the ball. You have injuries to the defense (two 2nd string linebackers went down, forcing 3rd stringers to replace them) in the second half allowing Green Bay to roll off 5 straight TD's. And you have a quarterback who tries to do too much and gets burned. You could also see how Romo is not a good fit for a Coryell system as well.

If Garrett/Callahan had ran the ball more, even against 8 man fronts, the game is shortened. Green Bay's possessions in the second half are limited to 4 or less and Dallas most likely wins the game. Garrett for the past 3 years has been awful at managing a game. He has blown countless games when they are leading. In the game last sunday, a good coach would not even require Romo to fucking lead a drive to win the game.

2. Ni No Kuni
  3. Project X Zone
    This game will be the hardest one to convince people of. It's a fan service game. Nowhere near Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre or even FF Tactics. But what it offers you is the ability to play a hybrid fighting/strategy/rpg in which Mega Man Zero, Jin from Tekken and Valkrya Chronicles tanks all juggle a dude in the air and shoot, kick and sword slash an enemy at the same time. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT PEOPLE?

Sounds great, bought.

effzee

All this O'Brien talk?

Wasn't he committed to staying at Pedo State? Last year he turned down interviews and opportunities.

Why leave now? Damn college coaches always just up and leaving when its most convenient.

Top Bottom