• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Sirius just reported he is unlikely to play.

Yeah:
OX3S.png

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 45s
Texans S Ed Reed will test out his hip pre game. But I'm hearing now he's trending downward. A longshot to play. Source: "It's unlikely"

Seriously, no biggie. Just want to see him play but would rather wait. Need him towards end of season

RBH

Roddy should just sit this one out. No reason to further aggravate his ankle if he can't really contribute, plus the cat's out of the bag about his injury already, so he's not much of a decoy at this point.

MechDX

RBH's avatar is like fine wine: just goes with everything!

"Hey your dog is dead!"
"Happy Birthday!"
"You just won a million dollars!"
"Sorry but your momma is a ho"

eznark

Banned
They went out of their way to mention how good Spurrier's offense looked in its debut, and also how good the wildcat did at first. It seemed like they were trying to temper expectations.

lol no, they were using them in contrast, saying that it doesn't depend on "gimmick" plays unlike those offenses. "You can't scheme against speed." Except that the Redskins did a pretty good job adjusting to "speed" in the second half by, ya know, having more than two offensive plays per series.

lol no, they were using them in contrast, saying that it doesn't depend on "gimmick" plays unlike those offenses. "You can't scheme against speed." Except that the Redskins did a pretty good job adjusting to "speed" in the second half by, ya know, having more than two offensive plays per series.

The Eagles only attempted 4 passes in the 2nd half. They also stopped snapping the ball as quickly as they had done in the first half. Chip has come out and said that he went to conservative due to having such a huge lead. Not sure how much of that was the Redskins changing their schemes in the 2nd half.

Ezio

At work until 5, thankfully 9ers play the late game today. I don't want to miss anything! Now, next question is fully loaded nachos from the wife again or wings and pizza....or both?!! ooh, the choices.

eznark

Banned
The Eagles only attempted 4 passes in the 2nd half. They also stopped snapping the ball as quickly as they had done in the first half. Chip has come out and said that he went to conservative due to having such a huge lead. Not sure how much of that was the Redskins changing their schemes in the 2nd half.

He went to running the clock because he knew his team was on the backfoot. If he had continued to try and go uptempo he would have kicked the door wide open for the Redskins. I'm real interested to see how he plays when it's a close game and he is playing a QB who is at least mildly accurate. If his sphincter puckers up with a 3 score lead in the third quarter, how is he going to react in a close game?

gutshot

GAMEDAY!! SO PUMPED! New avatar in celebration of the home opener and the first Sunday football for the Birds. As fun as MNF is, Sundays at one FEELS more like football to me.

BTW, Kelly is running the steps of the Linc, Rocky-style, this morning.

cfaMJmc.jpg

THAT'S MY COACH!!

ibuhQCERqFJTWQ.gif

MechDX

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
Von Miller refocused after suspension/driving issues. Parents have moved in with him, Broncos will do more, too: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...miller-beefing-up-support-system-with-parents …

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m
What I would have reported on NFL Today, today - expect QB Josh Freeman to request a trade ahead of October deadline: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...eers-qb-josh-freeman-expected-to-seek-a-trade …

Vikings? Browns? Bills?

squicken

Wonder what the Chili's cap situation looks like. Could make a strong play for Freeman

e: Von Miller's parents have moved in with him. Bringing some God-fearing Texas values to New Gomorrah

Why would any team trade for Freeman? He is lazy, his stats have been in decline for 2 years now, plus he would be coming in and having to learn the system midseason. I could see trading for a guy that you know is going to bust his ass to learn things when you get him, but not lazy garbage like Freeman.

Drakeon

Vikings? Browns? Bills?

Vikings I would see as the best fit. Theoretically, he plays better than Ponder and gives them a better shot at returning to the playoffs. AD won't last forever. Bills have Manuel, no reason at all to trade for Freeman. Browns.... well, it'd be comical, but they aren't making the playoffs with or without Freeman, so they need to focus on the future.

Also, you have to include the Jets, because lol Jets. I doubt Idzik would be that stupid, but I could see Ryan pushing for it if he thought it would save his job.

BigAT

Why would any team trade for Freeman? He is lazy, his stats have been in decline for 2 years now, plus he would be coming in and having to learn the system midseason. I could see trading for a guy that you know is going to bust his ass to learn things when you get him, but not lazy garbage like Freeman.

The owner has a chain of struggling Taco Bell franchises he needs to make profitable?

squicken

Vikings I would see as the best fit. Theoretically, he plays better than Ponder and gives them a better shot at returning to the playoffs. AD won't last forever. Bills have Manuel, no reason at all to trade for Freeman. Browns.... well, it'd be comical, but they aren't making the playoffs with or without Freeman, so they need to focus on the future.

The Vikes are all about "high football IQ" guys, so Freeman missing meetings would never go over well there. And he'd have to learn a whole new offense. And he's a free agent next year and makes a ton of money this year. He has almost no trade value

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
On Danny Amendola's injury, there isn't a true timetable. Could be quite awhile. One source put it: "He'll definitely be back this season."

Wut? I thought it was like 4 weeks. Not like "back before week 17"

eznark

Banned
Just what the Vikings need, a QB who thinks he is good who will force throws and check out of runs.

Please, please, please do this Minnesota. The smart thing would be to find a game manager. Instead I hope they find a moronic gun-slinger with a ridiculously inflated sense of self (and a ridiculously inflated gut).

MechDX

Just what the Vikings need, a QB who thinks he is good who will force throws and check out of runs.

Please, please, please do this Minnesota. The smart thing would be to find a game manager. Instead I hope they find a moronic gun-slinger with a ridiculously inflated sense of self (and a ridiculously inflated gut).

I wish the Texans even considered trades. Guarantee Yates would get the Vikings attention.

eznark

Banned
The Vikings would be smart to draft a guy like McCarron. A guy who has played in a run-first offense who seems to know his limitations and has a solid understanding of football. I think that's what they were hoping to get in Ponder but for some reason it just hasn't clicked for him. Lots of dumb mistakes that aren't really a result of anything other than mental lapses. I guess that's why he went to FSU and not an actual school.

I have no idea where draftniks are projecting McCarron though. I like him as a mid second for them.

Drakeon

The Vikes are all about "high football IQ" guys, so Freeman missing meetings would never go over well there. And he'd have to learn a whole new offense. And he's a free agent next year and makes a ton of money this year. He has almost no trade value

Wut? I thought it was like 4 weeks. Not like "back before week 17"

Fair points, I don't really see any team wanting him. Vikings were only team I could think of that the QB position is weak, but the rest of the team is decent to good.

Also, :jnc @ Amendola. Gee, what a shock, he's injured and missing a chunk of the season. Meanwhile in Denver, Wes Welker is still healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom