• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no coaches film up yet for the Giants/Cowboys game.:( I did grab another gif though. This one showcasing Wilson's pass protection (or lack thereof). Check it out:

ixocXUenbhmOR.gif

Selvie (#99) for the Boys is lined up over Pascoe (#86) on the right hand side of the screen. Pascoe goes out into his route leaving the block up to David Wilson. You can see the results. Also worth mentioning that Kevin Boothe, #77 (back-up Center) gets completely destroyed up the middle. Though I think Eli has a quick enough release to avoid that pressure if Wilson does his job. That pass is intended to go to Hynoski (#45) who's running a quick little out route to the sideline...

Welcome home, Bjac.

MechDX

i'm going to hate life if that motherfucker actually does it... which he is technically on pace to do! i won't live in a world where that dumb motherfucker heavy is right

Bush gets 1800 yards and FMT has an epic meltdown and Schaub wins MVP and Bionic says he will never post here again.

Somehow this needs to happen.
wont happen but the hilarity at the end results is lulz worthy

god damn it ,david
It's bad, man. I've gone through every single pass before he was benched and he's lost in pass protection. He had one decent chip block early on in the game which almost seemed by accident. The 70 yard bomb to Cruz? Perfect example. Check this out:

ibyjGV7I4JiPHe.gif

That's all Eli. If squicken wants an answer as to "Why is it all Eli?", there you go. Wilson doesn't know who to block and totally whiffs on his man again. If Eli doesn't have the pocket awareness he does, Cruz never gets that ball.

(if the gifs are too much for those on tablets, etc. let me know. I'll convert them to links!)

Zeke

Still no coaches film up yet for the Giants/Cowboys game.:( I did grab another gif though. This one showcasing Wilson's pass protection (or lack thereof). Check it out:

ixocXUenbhmOR.gif

Selvie (#99) for the Boys is lined up over Pascoe (#86) on the right hand side of the screen. Pascoe goes out into his route leaving the block up to David Wilson. You can see the results. Also worth mentioning that Kevin Boothe, #77 (back-up Center) gets completely destroyed up the middle. Though I think Eli has a quick enough release to avoid that pressure if Wilson does his job. That pass is intended to go to Hynoski (#45) who's running a quick little out route to the sideline...

Welcome home, Bjac.
man Selive hasn't disappointed having him and hatcher in the line up is gonna be fun
look at that bull rush text book
http://youtu.be/vlEVOw7U_Ss

Narag

It's bad, man. I've gone through every single pass before he was benched and he's lost in pass protection. He had one decent chip block early on in the game which almost seemed by accident. The 70 yard bomb to Cruz? Perfect example. Check this out:

That's all Eli. If squicken wants an answer as to "Why is it all Eli?", there you go. Wilson doesn't know who to block and totally whiffs on his man again. If Eli doesn't have the pocket awareness he does, Cruz never gets that ball.

(if the gifs are too much for those on tablets, etc. let me know. I'll convert them to links!)

How much did the team actually stand to save by waiting until after week 1 to sign a veteran? Seems like a silly gamble on an opening game in the division.

Found this on NFL.com:

Road to the Super Bowl

File this one in the category "who knew?" Every year since 2009, the team that plays Philadelphia in the Eagles' home opener has gone on to win the Super Bowl that season. Incredibly, the 2009 New Orleans Saints, 2010 Green Bay Packers, 2011 New York Giants and 2012 Baltimore Ravens all have that first game in Philadelphia in common. The Chargers will have to win the Super Bowl for this unusual streak to continue. San Diego visits Philadelphia on Sunday.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

ibyjGV7I4JiPHe.gif

I'm not putting that on Wilson. The center and guard just let him run on through. Wilson was looking to help the tackle.

Looking at it a few times, I'm pretty sure that's the guard's responsibility.

I'm not putting that on Wilson. The center and guard just let him run on through. Wilson was looking to help the tackle.

Looking at it a few times, I'm pretty sure that's the guard's responsibility.
You may be right on that. Snee gets turned around and looks lost like he realizes "oh that was my guy?". Boothe seems to be on the mike.

Not totally on Wilson, no.

How much did the team actually stand to save by waiting until after week 1 to sign a veteran? Seems like a silly gamble on an opening game in the division.
They only have like 400k in cap space which might have been the problem. Not sure though.

13% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs.

Thankfully because the rest of the NFC East has tough games this week, we may be okay even if we Lose to the Broncos

brentech

i love eric reid!

That was a really nice snag.

Matthews needed a highlight after I already made his shaming gif earlier.

i6dCBXBsXPOnm.gif

dat dirty Clay thuggery.
(multiple plays in this game where he gets to the ball completely untouched. kind a crazy - I don't know if those plays were intended to just deceive him and leave unblocked, or a missed pick up)

effzee

If I had to watch the Eagles every game, I heart would be sitting in my throat for three hours. I was scared shitless when he was in Atlanta every single time he reached down to adjust his socks. I have to imagine Yankee is doing the same thing nowadays.

Its been like that since he took over.

Thing is people say he is now more exposed or more likely to get hurt but he has never stayed healthy in any system. If he able was to slide or just avoid some stupid hits he could survive in this system. When they were at their best against the Skins in the first half there was 0 pass rush and he had a clean pocket.

One great example of a stupid hit he took was on a play where initially he had a clean pocket, couldn't find anyone open, then decided to scramble to his left, still couldn't find anyone open, but instead of throwing it away just ran towards the sideline and absorbed a hit from a DE.

I can't speak for yankeehater but I'm not that worried about it, because I think Foles can run this offense pretty well. He's not going to bring as much athleticism as Vick, but he makes better and faster reads. The guy I worry about is Shady. Bryce Brown is good and all, but McCoy is something special.

The downside with Foles is the lack of the deep ball and no threat to run. The D can can just worry about stopping McCoy.

I don't think Foles is incapable of playing in this league but he is just a good back up in my opinion.

Brown will get his carries as long as he can prove he won't fumble. So far good but every time he carries I worry.

Bowser

lol at all the pundits who thought Tampa would be good this season:

It’s players-only meeting time in Tampa

At a time when the team coached by the son of legendary Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin may or may not have had a players-only meeting, Monte Kiffin’s former team definitely did.

Per multiple league sources, the Buccaneers conducted a players-only meeting in the wake of Sunday’s defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory performance at MetLife Stadium against the Jets.

The full agenda isn’t known. One league source tells PFT that the discussion included the raising of concerns regarding the legitimacy of the vote that resulted in quarterback Josh Freeman losing the captain’s “C” from his jersey.

The Buccaneers had no comment. But they surely would deny any foul play in connection with the counting of the votes.

Nevertheless, the concern exists — and it’s the kind of thing that could fester like MRSA for a team that faces a visit from the Saints, a trip to New England, and a home game against the better-than-advertised Cardinals before an early bye week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/11/its-players-only-meeting-time-in-tampa/

One week into the season? :jnc

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah. Schiano isn't going to make it. But on the positive side, there'll be a whole lot more Rutgers players available for the Pats!

That was a really nice snag.

Matthews needed a highlight after I already made his shaming gif earlier.

i6dCBXBsXPOnm.gif

dat dirty Clay thuggery.
(multiple plays in this game where he gets to the ball completely untouched. kind a crazy - I don't know if those plays were intended to just deceive him and leave unblocked, or a missed pick up)

bad read by kap, if he gives it to gore thats a nice gainer. great play by clay on that play. what pissed me off is on the drive before when the packers had the ball, bowman got called for unsportsmanlike conduct after he made a tackle and was jawing with a bunch of packers players on the sideline when he ended up near their bench. kind of bullshit but ok the NFL doesn't want this kind of stuff going on, whatever.

then matthews has that sack in the gif, gets up and basically celebrates/taunts kap to his face right in front of the official. no flag. i don't agree with a lot of the rule changes but i wouldn't complain much if the rules were applied to both teams. refs fucked us in the game (although refs don't call offensive holding anymore anyways) but kap wouldn't let us lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom