• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_guy

BT5uASJCAAA1ct-.jpg:large

Shit is out of control

Vanilla Ice is looking good after all these years. Even better than his younger years.

squicken

bad read by kap, if he gives it to gore thats a nice gainer. great play by clay on that play. what pissed me off is on the drive before when the packers had the ball, bowman got called for unsportsmanlike conduct after he made a tackle and was jawing with a bunch of packers players on the sideline when he ended up near their bench. kind of bullshit but ok the NFL doesn't want this kind of stuff going on, whatever.

then matthews has that sack in the gif, gets up and basically celebrates/taunts kap to his face right in front of the official. no flag. i don't agree with a lot of the rule changes but i wouldn't complain much if the rules were applied to both teams. refs fucked us in the game (although refs don't call offensive holding anymore anyways) but kap wouldn't let us lose!

That's taunting and should have been called. It was a really bad week for the refs. Still no clue why they don't have ref assistants upstairs.

effzee

Speaking of Rivers and the Chargers, what can Chargers fans tell me and the rest of the Eagles fans about the team?

I barely see them or follow them on tv. Even on Monday night I was so pumped from the Eagles win that I was listening to press conferences rather than watching Texans Chargers.

How is the D? The O? Who should the Eagles be worried about besides Rivers and Mathews?

Zeke

Spencer, Dunbar, McCray all returned to practice today awesome news also Dwayne Harris NFC ST player of the week good job Harris.

brentech

then matthews has that sack in the gif, gets up and basically celebrates/taunts kap to his face right in front of the official. no flag. i don't agree with a lot of the rule changes but i wouldn't complain much if the rules were applied to both teams. refs fucked us in the game (although refs don't call offensive holding anymore anyways) but kap wouldn't let us lose!
lol, yeah. I left that in on purpose because I figured someone would note it.
It makes me wonder what he said. Cause Kap basically just grinning in the close up, but yea, something should probably have been called. I just wonder if it's what people say that makes refs actually throw the flag
here, just gif'd it:

iS3zNbtvpQsXn.gif

I'm pretty surprised Clay has been left totally unfined (I guess there's still time though). I'm a homer, but not that much of one. We could probably even handle having him out a week, unless the rest of our defense stays in form and makes gimpy RGIII look amazing again.

brentech

I'm pretty surprised Clay has been left totally unfined (I guess there's still time though). I'm a homer, but not that much of one. We could probably even handle having him out a week, unless the rest of our defense stays in form and makes gimpy RGIII look amazing again.

If he makes a habit of that stuff, he will be. But it just hasn't been his nature to do more than what he usually does after a sack. The late hit wouldn't normally get fined, but when Staley rushed him, he could have earned one there.

I think Clay's more of a hype guy, not a temper issue for him which probably helps his case.

It makes me wonder what he said. Cause Kap basically just grinning in the close up, but yea, something should probably have been called. I just wonder if it's what people say that makes refs actually throw the flag
here, just gif'd it:

iS3zNbtvpQsXn.gif

kap is a gamer and a notorious shit talker on the field so i'm sure him and clay had words the entire game

brentech

kap is a gamer and a notorious shit talker on the field so i'm sure him and clay had words the entire game

I was not aware of that, but that makes sense. I'd love to hear some of their shit if one was mic'd up.

Time to play a game of Madden while I catch up on the last 2 weeks of 'Tuesdays with Aaron' podcast. Didn't realize it came back last week on the 3rd.

here, just gif'd it:

iS3zNbtvpQsXn.gif

I think it'd be kind of ridiculous if they start calling shit like that.

If you're going to have a rule, call it consistently. Especially if you flagged someone else doing it earlier in the game.

I don't think you can really call that taunting. What was he supposed to do hang his head and walk away politely?

He looked at him about 1/2 a second and then carried on. No flexing or pointing or anything.

Edit: You have a gif of the earlier call? I didn't see it.

I think it'd be kind of ridiculous if they start calling shit like that.

those are the rules and it's not fair that bowman gets called for a 15 yarder for just talking to a group of packers on the sidelines who are obviously talking shit to him and matthews doesn't get a flag for what he did there.

but i agree that i would prefer NEITHER of those be called

Dragon

Banned
It is also true that you are a virgin with no friends.

Did I miss something? What's with your avatar?

those are the rules and it's not fair that bowman gets called for a 15 yarder for just talking to a group of packers on the sidelines who are obviously talking shit to him and matthews doesn't get a flag for what he did there.

Brandon Lloyd tossed a ball at a ref last year and got a 15 yarder. The amount of bad calls around unsportsmanlike conduct are pretty bad.

brentech

Robert on a local press conference lying out of his mouf

Talking about there was nothing with his mechanics that can't be fixed in practice

Bruh, you weren't even fucking planting your foot on throws

Talking about there was nothing with his mechanics that can't be fixed in practice

What can he really say though? The official line is that he is 100% healthy, so he cant go against that. You are totally right though about him not throwing off his front foot.

What can he really say though? The official line is that he is 100% healthy, so he cant go against that. You are totally right though about him not throwing off his front foot.

I mean this is how it is with ACL returns in any sport -- guys feel uncomfortable for a bit until they shake the cobwebs mentally, and there's nothing he can do but keep playing to make that happen.

But it makes the lack of playing him in pre-season seem questionable at this point, because it's costing us games.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter though because it's not like we were legit trying to chip this year. The fanbase really shouldn't be serious about being a great team until the salary cap hit goes away and we can finally pay off the Rams in 1st rounders.

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm bored and realized something, Pryor is the fastest QB next to Vick isn't he? I think he clocked in a 4.3-4.4 forty at his pro day being 6'6 230lbs that's pretty damn fast. Now if only he could throw the ball.

have you got one of those crazy 3d ones yet? That one blew my mind when we got one and heartbeat is pretty awesome too.
We have an appoinment set up for like 3 weeks to go get one done. It is funny the place does 3D and "4D" ultrasounds. I cant wait to find out what the difference is.

I mean this is how it is with ACL returns in any sport -- guys feel uncomfortable for a bit until they shake the cobwebs mentally, and there's nothing he can do but keep playing to make that happen.

But it makes the lack of playing him in pre-season seem questionable at this point, because it's costing us games.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter though because it's not like we were legit trying to chip this year. The fanbase really shouldn't be serious about being a great team until the salary cap hit goes away and we can finally pay off the Rams in 1st rounders.

I think the Skins are legit contenders if RGIII gets back to 100% They looked damn good at the end of last year even with him limping, and they got Orakpo back which should help the D. Dont forget like bionic says you dont have to be a great team to win a SB, just got to get into the playoffs.

I'm bored and realized something, Pryor is the fastest QB next to Vick isn't he? I think he clocked in a 4.3-4.4 forty at his pro day being 6'6 230lbs that's pretty damn fast. Now if only he could throw the ball.

prime Vick shits on everyone

Vick: 4.33
Pryor: 4.38
RGIII: 4.41
Kaep: 4.53
Wilson: 4.55

There's hope for Pryor I think. Personally I thought Kaep was a terrible thrower for a while.

I should probably preface my remarks by saying I like RGIII, but I've had enough of him. I appreciate his candid nature but sometimes brevity is more important than speaking your mind. The truth of the matter is he was rusty, he played horribly and the entire offense was not on the same page. His mechanics are the least of the issues -- though he clearly could not step into his throws -- he was making poor decisions. It's not a one man band, the entire offense stunk. Receivers were dropping balls, Morris was getting nowhere, they were drawing penalties that were killing drives and the Eagles D was able to get to RGIII numerous times. He could say he and his team need to play better and leave it at that without any dishonesty what so ever, instead he's continually the focal point -- which isn't entirely his fault -- and we keep hearing about what he's going to do when the truth of the matter is we need to be hearing what the Washington offense is going to do. Time to stop talking and start showing up.

ChanHuk

Banned
prime Vick shits on everyone

Vick: 4.33
Pryor: 4.38
RGIII: 4.41
Kaep: 4.53
Wilson: 4.55

There's hope for Pryor I think. Personally I thought Kaep was a terrible thrower for a while.

Kaep has a cannon for an arm, he just doesn't have touch. Worstbaugh can help him with that though. Pryor does not have a cannon for an arm. And I'm sure Kaep would've sucked with the Raiders seeing how he doesn't have the supporting cast (Best O-line in the game) that he has with the Niners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom