• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke

We have an appoinment set up for like 3 weeks to go get one done. It is funny the place does 3D and "4D" ultrasounds. I cant wait to find out what the difference is.
I tell you, there isn't one they gave us 4D one not much different, I just want to know if I'm having a son or a daughter already the wait is killing me. Also to keep it on topic my kid has bigger hands than Alex Smith, suck it KC!

I tell you, there isn't one they gave us 4D one not much different, I just want to know if I'm having a son or a daughter already the wait is killing me. Also to keep it on topic my kid has bigger hands than Alex Smith, suck it KC!

LOL, yeah the wait to find out is killing me as well. We are going to paint and decorate the kids room once we know.

Afrikan

prime Vick shits on everyone

Vick: 4.33
Pryor: 4.38
RGIII: 4.41
Kaep: 4.53
Wilson: 4.55

There's hope for Pryor I think. Personally I thought Kaep was a terrible thrower for a while.

Kap wasn't 100% for that run... but it doesn't matter, with pads on he's just as fast if not faster than those smaller QBs.

edit- straight line speed... where as imo.. Vick>Wilson>RG3> are way more agile.

I'm bored and realized something, Pryor is the fastest QB next to Vick isn't he? I think he clocked in a 4.3-4.4 forty at his pro day being 6'6 230lbs that's pretty damn fast. Now if only he could throw the ball.

He's getting a lot better. Completed 65% of his passes and that's with 4 drops from his receivers, also had DMC deep on a perfect throw but he was out of position.

Kaep has a cannon for an arm, he just doesn't have touch. Worstbaugh can help him with that though. Pryor does not have a cannon for an arm. And I'm sure Kaep would've sucked with the Raiders seeing how he doesn't have the supporting cast (Best O-line in the game) that he has with the Niners.

He's got a decent arm, just bad footwork and tries to throw on the run a lot, but that's more out of necessity I guess. The biggest problem with his passing is the lack of urgency and timing.

Apparently he graded out at 95% on decision making in the game, so that's a plus.

BigAT

We went and got an ultrasound done last Thursday so I have been using one of those pics as an avatar.

Congrats on the kid and everything, but it's still a bit creepy.

Although not nearly as creepy as the girl I went to high school with, who created a Facebook account for her fetus and then tagged it in photos of the ultra sound she posted online.

prime Vick shits on everyone

Vick: 4.33
Pryor: 4.38
RGIII: 4.41
Kaep: 4.53
Wilson: 4.55

There's hope for Pryor I think. Personally I thought Kaep was a terrible thrower for a while.

Not sure if he is still faster but I think Pryor might be more elusive than any of those guys.

ChanHuk

Banned
He's getting a lot better. Completed 65% of his passes and that's with 4 drops from his receivers, also had DMC deep on a perfect throw but he was out of position.

He's got a decent arm, just bad footwork and tries to throw on the run a lot, but that's more out of necessity I guess. The biggest problem with his passing is the lack of urgency and timing.

Apparently he graded out at 95% on decision making in the game, so that's a plus.

He's gotta be more prepped mentally, he had 2 delay of game calls because he had no idea what the game clock was at and didn't know how to lineup players. I got hope for this kid but his throwing mechanics were off during the game and it was evident in his throws. Its an ugly throwing motion, not Tebowesque but its ugly.

EDIT: Pryor isn't more elusive than RG3, Vick, or Wussle. He doesn't have the quick feet that does QBs have. Vick is the most elusive QB, RG3 and Pryor have the fastest straight line speed I think.

Although not nearly as creepy as the girl I went to high school with, who created a Facebook account for her fetus and then tagged it in photos of the ultra sound she posted online.

I didnt mean to creep anyone out I just thought that it is neat how much like a kid it already looks even though it is only 10 weeks. Maybe I will try to find an Eagles avatar to use.

Zeke

oh god my friend did this complete with trimester, ultrasound and doctor visit updates as well as writing it all in the first person smh

Godslay

Banned
I didnt mean to creep anyone out I just thought that it is neat how much like a kid it already looks even though it is only 10 weeks. Maybe I will try to find an Eagles avatar to use.

I think it's fine. Furry avatars are more strange, as well as some of the anime ones imo. To be honest, I really didn't pay much attention to it.

No different than putting on your desk or something like that.

I don't think it's creepy. Just seems like a thing a proud dad-to-be would do. I say keep it if you like it.

Spinluck

Not sure if he is still faster but I think Pryor might be more elusive than any of those guys.

From what I saw on Sunday, I'd say he is.

But there was shit tackling/pursuit/angles from us on that whole game, so I'd wait a bit before passing final judgment. Athletic QBs always clown us on D, even the elusive Schoob!!

But there was shit tackling/pursuit/angles from us on that whole game, so I'd wait a bit before passing final judgment. Athletic QBs always clown us on D, even the elusive Schoob!!

Remember, you saw Pryor play against what the Colts call a defense.

I've seen defense before, that is not a defense.

EDIT: Pryor isn't more elusive than RG3, Vick, or Wussle. He doesn't have the quick feet that does QBs have. Vick is the most elusive QB, RG3 and Pryor have the fastest straight line speed I think.

When Vick was younger sure, but not now. At least going by that Monday night game. Same for RG3, post surgery. Haven't really seen enough of Wilson to judge.

That's true. Will have to wait and see what he can do against other teams.

Would have been no gain if Justin Smith wasn't tackled from behind.

lol just noticed that. the packers were holding/tackling our guys all game but i'm pretty much finished expecting anything to be called. not only in our favor but just in general in the NFL. i see blatant holding all the time just out in the open and it's called maybe 1/10 times

lol just noticed that. the packers were holding/tackling our guys all game but i'm pretty much finished expecting anything to be called. not only in our favor but just in general in the NFL. i see blatant holding all the time just out in the open and it's called maybe 1/10 times

Wake get's held all the time and it's never called, it's very frustrating.

effzee

LOL, yeah the wait to find out is killing me as well. We are going to paint and decorate the kids room once we know.

Yeah we have an appointment this Friday and the doctor said possibly we will be able to tell this time the gender.

I don't care if its a boy or girl but I just want to know.

Photoshop an Eagles hat on him/her!

DoubleTap

Oh I feel the same. Just an observation from the clip.
I'm actually way past this game and getting antsy for the Seattle game.

squicken

49ers @ Seahawks
Colin Kaepernick had a career-high 412 passing yards against a Packers secondary last Sunday that was missing ace slot corner Casey Hayward (hamstring) and top safety Morgan Burnett (hamstring). Head coach Jim Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman correctly anticipated that Green Bay would show a lot of man coverage, and they had the perfect route combinations to attack it.

The Niners shouldn’t have trouble predicting what the Seahawks will do in coverage this week: press-man on the outside, a single-high safety in the middle with the second safety roving underneath around zone linebackers. Exploiting this predictable coverage will be a lot more difficult, as quality press-man can compromise the timing of routes. This is why Niners coaches are known to become vexed when the topic of Richard Sherman’s and Brandon Browner’s physicality comes up. This game could be decided by how much contact the Seahawks get away with.

The Rams had a goal line play where Mathieu shoved the wide receiver the entire play, including right out of the end zone while the ball was in the air. A lot of times it's just like soccer where you know it's crap and just hope the bad calls mostly even out

Yeah we have an appointment this Friday and the doctor said possibly we will be able to tell this time the gender.

I don't care if its a boy or girl but I just want to know.

Photoshop an Eagles hat on him/her!
I wish I had PhotoShop talent. I would do that in a second.

The NFL gotta protect their golden boy QBs, especially against the stout defenses. Irks me to no end.

The NFL gotta protect their golden boy QBs, especially against the stout defenses. Irks me to no end.

don't worry, soon kap will be a golden boy and we will reap the benefits!

speaking of the word golden and kap, here is an excellent little mini-vid from NFL films about the switch from alex to kap. great piece!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fw_x9g0AdY

hope you're ready wussle!

Russell-Wilson-350x350_zps5a8f4447.jpg

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/500/ed-reed-gets-a-walker-for-his-birthday

An oversized birthday present waited at Ed Reed's locker this afternoon.

Fellow safety Danieal Manning gave him a walker.

"That and some hair dye and he’ll be good," inside linebacker Brian Cushing said.

Reed, who just turned 35, also got another less hilarious but very sweet gift from the rest of the defensive backs: a birthday cake in the shape of a Hall of Fame jacket.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry....

don't worry, soon kap will be a golden boy and we will reap the benefits!

speaking of the word golden and kap, here is an excellent little mini-vid from NFL films about the switch from alex to kap. great piece!

If Alex didn't get injured last year do you think Kap would have still started at some point?

Actually had an argument on twitter about it. I said the switch was gonna happen anyway, the injury just sped it up, but the other dude said that Alex was playing good enough to hold him off for the season.

If Alex didn't get injured last year do you think Kap would have still started at some point?

Actually had an argument on twitter about it. I said the switch was gonna happen anyway, the injury just sped it up, but the other dude said that Alex was playing good enough to hold him off for the season.

i honestly think it was only a matter of time for kap unless he just looked like complete trash. remember (or don't, i don't expect everyone to have followed all of our meaningless pre-season stuff) that LAST pre-season there were people calling for tolzien as the backup and kap to be 3rd string! in kaps rookie year, he had some spot mop up duty. he couldn't even hand the ball off correctly. in practice he looked lost. in most of his pre-season games he looked lost. now he flashed a couple times last pre-season.... had an 80 yard read option run against the vikes, had a couple nice TD throws against the chargers in the 4th pre-season game against nobodies, but there was a real sense that he was just never going to work out.

i'm not sure if something clicked or he put in more time or what but at some point i think things changed and this was BEFORE alex got hurt. kap was brought in at random times all the way through the giants game last year and no one could really figure out why. our offense is rolling with alex and then the next series here comes kap. why? well it has never been said by him but i honestly think harbaugh was getting kaps feet wet so at the first available opportunity he could put kap in and not have him be completely clueless.

whether that ultimately helped or not who knows. i don't think harbaugh expected kap to perform like he has. it just doesn't make any sense that it would work out with everything considered. what kap did last year isn't supposed to happen. minimal first team reps with a guy who came from a pistol offense and had no real game experience. you can say harbs is a genius or whatever but there has to be a little luck involved too because he couldn't have known it would work out that way.

initially it was a no-lose situation for harbs: alex can't play cause of a concussion. kap HAS to play. if he sucks dick, boom alex is back the next week and put kap back in the oven to cook some more. but then when alex was cleared harbs just went all in. i was certain that harbs/the staff would manufacture an additional couple weeks of alex "not being cleared" so they could see more of kap but it worked out!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL Game Rewind ‏@NFLGameRewind 4m

Apologies for delay in Coaches Film. Upgrade to HD has impacted our upload times. We are working to refine this and speed up availability.
Retweeted by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom