• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

How are you doing it in GIMP? I typically use JASC animation studio.

Gifcam to actually record the gif. then open the gif in GIMP and just use resize like you would any other image. When you save it (export it, in gimp), you just have to make sure you select to animate it and all frames are auto resized.

brentech

Lame. How does the NFL have such shitty network infastructure? At least they aren't asking us to install P2P software anymore

I fucking hated that and stopped using their site for a while because of it.

I was wondering where coaches film was or if it always took this long to go up.

Trasher

And the hits just keep on coming!

v8nNjpY.jpg

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was investigated and cleared last month by Birmingham police for an incident in which he allegedly flashed a pellet gun at a cable repairman.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130911/SPORTS01/309110133

He's gotta be more prepped mentally, he had 2 delay of game calls because he had no idea what the game clock was at and didn't know how to lineup players. I got hope for this kid but his throwing mechanics were off during the game and it was evident in his throws. Its an ugly throwing motion, not Tebowesque but its ugly.

EDIT: Pryor isn't more elusive than RG3, Vick, or Wussle. He doesn't have the quick feet that does QBs have. Vick is the most elusive QB, RG3 and Pryor have the fastest straight line speed I think.

I agree with the Mental thing. From what I've heard about Practice Camp and now, is that he can have good throwing motion/footwork etc. when he's thinking about it. Unfortunately when he was to think about the other stuff that a QB needs to think about it tends to get shelved. He did hire some coaches to help him in the offseason with it.

I like how he's completely honest about what he does wrong and doesn't sugar-coat it. We'll see where he goes as a QB this year.

I'd also like to see some WRs step up, Rod Streater, or Brice Butler are two I think that might push forward to be the #1 and #2, although Denarius or Jacoby should be the ones that emerge they haven't done so yet. We'll see what happens.

Godslay

Banned
Gifcam to actually record the gif. then open the gif in GIMP and just use resize like you would any other image. When you save it (export it, in gimp), you just have to make sure you select to animate it and all frames are auto resized.

Yeah I'll have to try it. I'm actually trying to figure out if there is a script I can write that automates the process. That's why I was wonder how it worked in GIMP. JASC is fast, but there is no 'hooks' to automate it. That's part of the reason Sunhi was so fast, he automated part of the process in Photoshop. Thanks btw.

I gotta say iOS 7 looks good, I'm excited. Also
I'm not any kind of phone or apple junkie, just got a Smart phone not to long ago (iPhone)

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

The #Texans can't claim Chris Jones off waivers for 2 years unless he spends 4 weeks on another team's roster.

Former #Texans draft pick Chris Jones was awarded to the Patriots after Bucs cut him. Texans tried to claim him, but couldn't.

That is a weird rule, never heard of it. Was hoping to get the kid back because he was cut due to a numbers game

If Alex didn't get injured last year do you think Kap would have still started at some point?

Actually had an argument on twitter about it. I said the switch was gonna happen anyway, the injury just sped it up, but the other dude said that Alex was playing good enough to hold him off for the season.

I agree with the other guy. I fully believe Alex could've taken the team to the promised land with his increased level of play. I am happy that we have CK, but Alex did get a raw deal.

Bowser

Shaun King and Ross Tucker on Tampa:

“It speaks to a deeper issue,” King said. “There’s a lot of disarray in Tampa. One of the points being that some of the players felt like there was an unfair counting of the captain vote, feeling like Josh Freeman should have remained a captain. . . . Greg Schiano is a micromanager, and it’s starting to wear thin with some of their veteran players.”

King said the problem is that Schiano comes from a college program that wasn’t highly successful.

“When it comes to college coaches making the transition to the pros, it’s very difficult . . . when the college coach never won anything of significance in college. [When] Greg Schiano was hired, he was 20 games under .500 in the Big East at Rutgers. Those are real numbers, so I don’t think those guys are currently buying into that ‘my way or the highway’ style.”

Ross Tucker, who spent seven seasons in the NFL, shed a little light on the topic, too.

“I talked to guys on the Buccaneers this summer. I said, ‘What’s up with the quarterback kneel-down thing, where you have to dive at the legs?” Tucker said, regarding Tampa’s habit of attacking the offensive line when in victory formation. “They just shook their head. . . . When you ask NFL players to do things that they know is bogus, that they know is bush league, that’s not a good thing.”

So has Schiano lost the team?

“It’s close,” King opined.

“It doesn’t sound good when you have a players-only meeting before the first game,” Tucker added. “I’ve never heard of that.”

lololol things are sounding a little too youngry in Tampa. Where you at DM?

Nah, Alex sucks. Don't be that guy.

alex doesn't suck but he is the type of QB who will not win or lose a game for you. unfortunately that isn't acceptable in todays NFL. like a wild animal, alex must be backed into a corner before he is willing to take chances and sometimes that is too late. i think the chiefs will definitely compete for a playoff spot though, and alex is part of the reason

Godslay

Banned
I'm gonna totally be that guy

Alex is mediocre. Remember that even the bfb made it to a conference championship game. I think that was his ceiling, barring the defense dragging his ass to a Superbowl. But we will never know, cause he will die a Chief. Where SF dumps all their used up fallen heroes before anointing some new jackwagon as the next guy to win it.

alex doesn't suck but he is the type of QB who will not win or lose a game for you. unfortunately that isn't acceptable in todays NFL. like a wild animal, alex must be backed into a corner before he is willing to take chances and sometimes that is too late. i think the chiefs will definitely compete for a playoff spot though, and alex is part of the reason

He's middle of the pack at best. As far as the Chiefs, I'm not going to guess on their season based off of one game with the Jags. Their offense is still going to be their weak link, just like it was last year.

Alex is mediocre. Remember that even the bfb made it to a conference championship game. I think that was his ceiling, barring the defense dragging his ass to a Superbowl. But we will never know, cause he will die a Chief. Where SF dumps all their used up fallen heroes before anointing some new jackwagon as the next guy to win it.

He's middle of the pack at best. As far as the Chiefs, I'm not going to guess on their season based off of one game with the Jags. Their offense is still going to be their weak link, just like it was last year.

yeah alex is in that 15-20 range. when i think of flat out sucking i'm thinking of gabbert, sanchez, etc. alex is boring to watch and doesn't scare a defense but when there are guys in the league who literally throw games away for their teams then there is something to be said for a guy like alex who is efficient and doesn't turn the ball over

Furyous

Nah, Alex sucks. Don't be that guy.

I'm co-signing this. As the number one Alex Smith hater I vehemently agree with your statement.

According to Florio, things aren't looking good for Greg Schiano. If Josh leaves Tampa next year I've got a Cardinals jersey ready for him. Fitz will pick him up in helicopter and stop at McDonalds on the way to signing the contract. Coearly, Mike Glennon is the answer in Tampa. His football IQ is off the charts. He's a football lifer and gym rat. Plus, he fits coach Schiano's style.

Carson is done after this season mo disrespect.

I'm co-signing this. As the number one Alex Smith hater I vehemently agree with your statement.

According to Florio, things aren't looking good for Greg Schiano. If Josh leaves Tampa next year I've got a Cardinals jersey ready for him. Fitz will pick him up in helicopter and stop at McDonalds on the way to signing the contract. Coearly, Mike Glennon is the answer in Tampa. His football IQ is off the charts. He's a football lifer and gym rat. Plus, he fits coach Schiano's style.

josh freeman is fucking trash. i would love for the cards to sign him

Gobias

Banned
He doesn't mean it. He can't mean it.

I do. I'll give him a pass for last year saying he was never close to 100%, but he has yet to show he has any consistency in being able to hugely impact a game. He has some nice, strong runs, but that is offset by too many times where he won't be able to just burst through the hole, even when the line isn't being awful.

Our passing game is complete shit right now, especially without Gordon. If they want to win next week, they'll probably need to run it a lot, and Richardson will need to take control of the game. I feel like he can really get better as the game goes on, but the coaches actually need to call more run plays throughout. And Cousins will need to play like he isn't the worst player in football for one day of his life.

I still have high hopes for him, but I don't wanna blow him just yet.

mr2xxx

Banned
yeah alex is in that 15-20 range. when i think of flat out sucking i'm thinking of gabbert, sanchez, etc. alex is boring to watch and doesn't scare a defense but when there are guys in the league who literally throw games away for their teams then there is something to be said for a guy like alex who is efficient and doesn't turn the ball over

Rather have a Gabbert. Gabbert at least gives you no hope and a better draft position the next year while Alex will just dissapoint you when your team is bordering on good enough to be a contendor.

Godslay

Banned

Maybe so. In reality (aside from obvious choices like listed above), there aren't many QBs I would take Alex over.

I'd move some spots around, but I think the Greg Rosenthal mostly gets it right with this list:

The Best of the Best

1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
3. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
4. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

Next Level

6. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
7. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
8. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
9. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
10. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
11. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
12. Eli Manning, New York Giants
13. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
14. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
15. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears

Mid-level options

16. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
17. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans
18. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
19. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
20. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
21. Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
22. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals
23. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
24. Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
25. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs

Looking for development
26. EJ Manuel, Buffalo Bills
27. Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans
28. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns
29. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
30. Geno Smith, New York Jets
31. Terrelle Pryor, Oakland Raiders
32. Blaine Gabbert, Jacksonville Jaguars

Now I'm going to mow my lawn!

Palmer will be there for at least a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom