• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess trading Monroe for picks is a smart move if you don't plan on resigning him. Damn jags decide to tank a season when there isn't a Luck-like QB coming out. My team never does anything right. RIP gabbert. Pressure up the middle and on the right side now.

bionic77

atleast you have your lakers, yankees and red wings to look forward to now that football season is over for the stealers

wait, no you dont. all your teams suck grey dick
You dirty Michigan poor pretending to be a rich.

Fuck you for insinuating that I am a fan of baseball or hockey. The only thing worse than those sports is living where you do.

Tom Penny

I guess trading Monroe for picks is a smart move if you don't plan on resigning him. Damn jags decide to tank a season when there isn't a Luck-like QB coming out. My team never does anything right. RIP gabbert. Pressure up the middle and on the right side now.

lol you almost had me for a second...good one.

You dirty Michigan poor pretending to be a rich.

Fuck you for insinuating that I am a fan of baseball or hockey. The only thing worse than those sports is living where you do.

to lunchbox's credit he has previously admitted that he is a loser sucking on daddys teat. he never said HE was rich!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
MechDX: I do agree that it should still retain some connection to the NFL and not be completely random. Giving Duff an av originally offered with the NFC South in mind was laziness on my part, but the avatar you have is hardly a stretch with Brennan Williams on your roster.

Narag

They fucked up week 3 last year. Thanks Jags!!

squicken

Awesome if true. Rumor or you have a source?

Speculation by media, but it's easy to see the writing on the wall. He missed practice today. I mean it was obvious he got benched last week. Dahl missed practice today too. wouldn't be shocked if that isn't smoke on a change there too. Fisher is weird about injuries. I'm almost certain Chris Long has a sports hernia and keeps playing, but he's never listed on the injury report. Then guys getting benched get charity listings to save their pride

Narag

MechDX: I do agree that it should still retain some connection to the NFL and not be completely random. Giving Duff an av originally offered with the NFC South in mind was laziness on my part, but the avatar you have is hardly a stretch with Brennan Williams on your roster.

Only solution is to tweet the details to the GREATBLACKOTAKU and get his approval.

beast786

Detroit Lions' Matthew Stafford edges Peyton Manning as NFL's quickest trigger

ALLEN PARK -- Matthew Stafford is the NFL's quickest draw through four games.

The Detroit Lions quarterback is firing passes an average 2.24 seconds after the ball is snapped, according to Pro Football Focus. That edges Denver's Peyton Manning (2.35 seconds) for the fastest time in football.

New England's Tom Brady had the quickest draw last year at 2.47 seconds.

Stafford said quicker passes were part of the game plan coming into the season, although it's surely correlated to how defenses have played Detroit as well.

Opponents are dropping their safeties deep into coverage, often shading toward receiver Calvin Johnson, and Detroit has seized on the shorter stuff. Receiver Nate Burleson and tailback Reggie Bush have prospered that way.

Bush has 179 yards receiving, third among tailbacks through four games.

"I remember we ran one play, and I was blocking, Matt had to hold it for a little bit," left guard Rob Sims said. "And he just went 'Reggie!' Got his attention, and just dumped off the ball real quick.

"That's the kind of stuff that goes on out there sometimes. It helps having a guy like Reggie."

The emphasis on the quick passes hasn't hurt Detroit's production. Even without the long ball as a staple, the Lions are one of just five teams averaging at least 400 yards per game (404., and they're fourth at 30.5 points per game.

Stafford is completing 64.1 percent of his passes, which would be a career high over the course of a full season. He has seven touchdowns and just three interceptions.

And his emphasis on the quick strike has the hidden payoff of keeping him upright. He's been sacked on just 1.9 percent of his dropbacks, the best rate in the NFL.

The offensive line has been terrific, but Stafford's quick trigger helps as well.

"I'm not a guy that wants to sit around and hold the ball and take a bunch of sacks," Stafford said. "I'll throw an incompletion before I take a sack. I don't like lost yardage plays, just like everybody else. That's just kind of in my makeup, to get rid of the ball rather than sit there and put my offensive line in a bad spot."
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/10/matthew_stafford_edges_peyton.html

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Only solution is to tweet the details to the GREATBLACKOTAKU and get his approval.
I don't think he'd be happy to respond given the circumstances of how the avatar was given. J. J. Watt might also be listening in and put a hit on me. :(

MechDX

No. Missed all of OTA's and played 2 weeks in pre season before going on IR. 3rd round bust.

Ill just make it easy: anyone posting here with an anime avatar just goes on the ignore list.

Speculation by media, but it's easy to see the writing on the wall. He missed practice today. I mean it was obvious he got benched last week. Dahl missed practice today too. wouldn't be shocked if that isn't smoke on a change there too. Fisher is weird about injuries. I'm almost certain Chris Long has a sports hernia and keeps playing, but he's never listed on the injury report. Then guys getting benched get charity listings to save their pride

no he didn't. he was out there with the special teams unit as usual! i credit dahl for our dismantling of the rams. he taught us your secrets. should've resigned him bruh, you'd be 2-2 right now

Lunchbox

Banned
to lunchbox's credit he has previously admitted that he is a loser sucking on daddys teat. he never said HE was rich!

i felt really bad for you today now that the govt shut down and you cant get social security checks from barry anymore. so in your honor during my lunch break i put on a 110$ calfskin belt on my swiss timepiece

Washington doesnt care, but i care about you guys

fhnDUGm.png

bionic77

A Tag is probably a huge deal in Detroit. Not as big as having all your teeth but I understand how it could go to his head.

squicken

no he didn't. he was out there with the special teams unit as usual! i credit dahl for our dismantling of the rams. he taught us your secrets. should've resigned him bruh, you'd be 2-2 right now

Fans were saying all week they wanted Craig back :(

Defense is embarrassing. They've been pushed around two weeks in a row. The offense has a talent problem. The defense has an effort problem. Bad coaching of both units doesn't help. Some chatter that the defensive coordinator may have been relieved of his duties

Lunchbox

Banned
A Tag is probably a huge deal in Detroit. Not as big as having all your teeth but I understand how it could go to his head.

ill get an ss submariner when my trustfund matures, but tag has a better racing heritage and goes with my 328i. so ill sell it and get a steve mcqueen monaco instead. rolys are for old people

keep hating on tag while you rock your timex and seikos in ohio

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ill just make it easy: anyone posting here with an anime avatar just goes on the ignore list.
Meanwhile you get off on chest hair lettering. Such a hypocrite, but then again only hypocrites mass ignore on a videogame forum.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm so glad I live on the best side of Michigan: The West Side.

Also, are the Jags actually trying to go winless? Or was there absolutely no chance of retaining Monroe/Something wrong with him?

cajunator

Banned
I blame you for killing off a nice thing (avatar betting) that NFL GAF had with these monstrosities you and a few others enjoy and think is funny.

No one will make bets anymore.

No that was funny and typical avatar bet material. these things are dumb and make no sense.

Like 10 year olds giggling when they hear the word "boob"

First off, if you dont want to risk your avatar, dont bet
Secondly, Youre not supposed to LIKE the avatar. thats the whole point!

cajunator

Banned
ill get an ss submariner when my trustfund matures, but tag has a better racing heritage and goes with my 328i. so ill sell it and get a steve mcqueen monaco instead. rolys are for old people

keep hating on tag while you rock your timex and seikos in ohio

Why do you have a 3 series and not a 6 series? Are you some kind of pauper?

I'm so glad I live on the best side of Michigan: The West Side.

Also, are the Jags actually trying to go winless? Or was there absolutely no chance of retaining Monroe/Something wrong with him?

Wanted to get draft picks instead of just letting him walk is my guess.

MechDX

First off, if you dont want to risk your avatar, dont bet
Secondly, Youre not supposed to LIKE the avatar. thats the whole point!

Made the bet 6 months ago before these things became a fad here. Notice since it started bets have been not happening near as much? Its just dumb.

Larry made me wear Jacoby for a week. That was brilliant and had a reason behind it.

Hito makes me wear some cat girl thing. Its just dumb.

Tabris

Quarter point of the season. Let's do a check-in.

Peyton Manning - 1470 YDS / 16 TD / 0 INT
Tom Brady - 1014 YDS / 7 TD / 2 INT

Wes Welker - 266 YDS / 6 TD
Danny Amendola - 104 YDS / 0 TD

Edited for the anal.

Peyton Manning - 1470 YRDS / 16 TD / 0 INT
Tom Brady - 1014 YRDS / 7 TD / 2 INT

Wes Welker - 266 YRDS / 6 TD
Danny Amendola - 104 YRDS / 0 TD

in amendolas defense he has played like 2 quarters of football this season. it's not his fault the patriots were idiots to think he would stay healthy!

MechDX

Peyton Manning - 1470 YRDS / 16 TD / 0 INT
Tom Brady - 1014 YRDS / 7 TD / 2 INT

Wes Welker - 266 YRDS / 6 TD
Danny Amendola - 104 YRDS / 0 TD

Why don't you just put the damn "A" in yards? Either use "yds" or spell the whole thing out.

/end anal mode

cajunator

Banned
Made the bet 6 months ago before these things became a fad here. Notice since it started bets have been not happening near as much? Its just dumb.

Larry made me wear Jacoby for a week. That was brilliant and had a reason behind it.

Hito makes me wear some cat girl thing. Its just dumb.

Yeah but theyre adorable so who cares?

Edited for the anal.

And both teams are 4-0..

Fox318

Edited for the anal.

Genus GM Killacheat would rather have a backup qb as a wr.

Hey pats fans how about you tell your coach to fuck off as gm. Him and Reid have won 0 super bowls as gm.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
True story, the only reason I ever seriously worry about losing an av bet is because of YOU, especially watching Narag go around with that jaghair av. You killed avatar betting. Don't blame it on me.

That Mario game doesnt look bad. Wish it didn't have 4 players, though.

I don't like playing games with friends or women.

Just me and my .357 Magnum. The way God intended.

Tom Penny

Edited for the anal.

Edelman is tied for the league in catches at that irreplaceable position...and has more yards than Wes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom