• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

eznark

Banned
Need a shot from the side for the full effect. Also what a dick, he never even looked at the interviewer. All Cincy sports guys are twats.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The type of offense Seattle runs(balanced with mobile QB and emphasis on explosive plays) is entirely dictated by Carroll, just as much as the type of defense we run(4-3/3-4 Hybrid). Even if we changed OCs, it would remain largely similar to how it is now as Carroll isn't hands-off. Carroll is known to override offensive playcalls on occasion too.

Furthermore, one should remember that Carroll would be the one hiring any prospective replacement.

All hail Cheatin' Pete!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The big positive for Snyder and the Glazers is that they will spend money in free agency. They may also drop big cash on washed up losers or kickers without consulting the coaching staff.

the redskins also don't have a first round pick this year. They have an injury prone, apparently prima donna starting qb and kirk cousins.

the definite consensus is that the browns are the worst job.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...lable-head-coaching-gigs-in-the-nfl-right-now

The radio guys were joking saying Jesus wouldn't even take that job.

squicken

How much of CAR's defense is Rivera and how much is McDermott? Also, how much is just talent? They seem to have neglected offense to bolster the defense. It's kind of like Denver where they have all those draft picks and FAs on offense and wonder why the defense struggles

Furyous

Haslam is a better owner to coaches than Dan Synder because he pays them to no coach.
It's like smanging a young lass then dumping her for her mom.

If Josh agrees to a deal we need a no Tebow clause. I don't want him within 40 miles of any Browns facility. I want Lovie or Mike Zimmer. Screw college coaches.

Mindlog

The Bucs still need a pass-rusher and will probably try to upgrade on Glennon if they get the chance, but there's a lot to work with.
That would be a really dumb waste of a draft pick. I'm very comfortable going forward with Glennon. I do like the idea of bringing in a coach with a proven record of developing young quarterbacks.

There are things people need to realize about the Shanahan/Snyder/RGIII situation.

- Snyder gave Shanny ultimate power up until he botched three QB's in a row while maintaining a terrible record. Three strikes! McNabb, Beck, and Rex. When you look at it this way, you can see why Snyder started to become impatient and nudged Shanny towards getting Griffin.

- Shanny accepted the RGIII move but Griff wasn't ever his guy. By giving in to get Griffin Shanny was allowed to draft Kirk. Which was a really dumb move, childish and a waste of a pick.

- All the media stuff was Shanny. He used the same tactics to try to character assassinate McNabb. It's true that Don sucked, but Shanny used the media to try to justify benching him and tried to attack his character.

I think Rob got super bitter after having his dad and everybody in the country tell him that Shanhan should have pulled him. Rob is still dumb because he put himself out there to be hurt, but his dad and everyone else are correct in saying that the coach should have pulled him. And by this point Rob knew that Shanny was a Kirk guy.

As for Snyder he's just a fanboy that thinks he can play at GM. His worst move was not hiring Gregg Williams and going with Zorn. Undefensible. But most of the time the coaches he hires just suck. The only good coaches to come here were Gibbs and Marty. Nobody else has done jack shit elsewhere (headcoaches). And even Marty pissed off another GM got himself fired.

If you truly believe you have a great coach and a great staff then Washingtons a great job, but if you're not up for it then you're just going to get exposed.

Miguel

akwT4yk.png

thatsmyDE.jpg

Anilx3

Here's how I determine who to cheer for:

1. Manning brothers
2. Black QB with winning record
3. Any team that can take out the Patriots and Steelers. Thats why I liked the Ravens the last couple of seasons, but now I know the Patriots and Steelers will not be doing anything noteworthy anytime soon, so the Ravens support has been dropped.

Once the Jets are eliminated, this is my rooting preference too, just switch #2 and #3

squicken

T
As for Snyder he's just a fanboy that thinks he can play at GM. His worst move was not hiring Gregg Williams and going with Zorn. Undefensible. But most of the time the coaches he hires just suck. The only good coaches to come here were Gibbs and Marty. Nobody else has done jack shit elsewhere (headcoaches). And even Marty pissed off another GM got himself fired.

Snyder's dumbest move. And no anywhere likes AJ Smith

Tim Tebow starting QB, Johnny Manziel backup QB.

BELIEVE

God that would be the best thing ever

Syrinx

That would be a really dumb waste of a draft pick. I'm very comfortable going forward with Glennon. I do like the idea of bringing in a coach with a proven record of developing young quarterbacks.

Seriously. Especially when this draft is pretty deep in what the Bucs need most (pass rushers, offensive linemen, receiver depth, tight end).

Crisco

Banned
How much of CAR's defense is Rivera and how much is McDermott? Also, how much is just talent? They seem to have neglected offense to bolster the defense. It's kind of like Denver where they have all those draft picks and FAs on offense and wonder why the defense struggles

The defense very much has McDermott's stamp on it. Lot's of zone blitzing and we basically play a base nickel defense with 2 linebackers. That's never really been Rivera's thing. I'm sure he has a lot of input on individual players, especially Kuechly and TD, but the overall scheme is McDermott's. It would hurt to lose him.

captive

There are things people need to realize about the Shanahan/Snyder/RGIII situation.

- Snyder gave Shanny ultimate power up until he botched three QB's in a row while maintaining a terrible record. Three strikes! McNabb, Beck, and Rex. When you look at it this way, you can see why Snyder started to become impatient and nudged Shanny towards getting Griffin.

- Shanny accepted the RGIII move but Griff wasn't ever his guy. By giving in to get Griffin Shanny was allowed to draft Kirk. Which was a really dumb move, childish and a waste of a pick.

- All the media stuff was Shanny. He used the same tactics to try to character assassinate McNabb. It's true that Don sucked, but Shanny used the media to try to justify benching him and tried to attack his character.

I think Rob got super bitter after having his dad and everybody in the country tell him that Shanhan should have pulled him. Rob is still dumb because he put himself out there to be hurt, but his dad and everyone else are correct in saying that the coach should have pulled him. And by this point Rob knew that Shanny was a Kirk guy.

If you truly believe you have a great coach and a great staff then Washingtons a great job, but if you're not up for it then you're just going to get exposed.
Thats a BIG problem IMO for considering what's the best coaching job available.

Hey H-town fans and Philly fans, I'm late to this, but Josh Innes left sports radio 610 and is going to sports radio 94wip in philly.

Philly i think is going to eat him alive. People in Houston would text in and call in and say they didn't like him, he made it known he took this stuff seriously, even if he said he tried to ignore it.

Also, he's a real class act
“The main reason I decided not to stay here is that I didn’t want to do that show with Rich anymore,” he said. “I don’t really like him. I’m not going to say that I’ll miss him or that he’s a friend of mine.”
Trash your former partner on the way out.

Damn Logan Thomas earning some draft stock. That shoulder stiff arm on Jack :(

E: As I say that he got lid up 2 plays later..Damn

15yrd flag for that? BS. Somebody gif that please

captive

I almost punched company property when I read this.

Still stunned minutes after the firing of coach Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford said he hopes to have input on the team's search to find a replacement.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/12/matthew_stafford_would_like_in.html
...did you bother to read the entire article?

Here is his quote:
"Yeah, sure, but I'm not sure that will happen," Stafford said. "It's something I'm not concerning myself with at this point."

If i recall correctly some reporter asked him if he would be interested in having input on the new coach. Quite a stupid question IMO.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Guide lead me to root for KC and I was proactively disappointed.

Also that news conference was all a lie!

eznark

Banned
Lol this best buy has "over 25" XBone not including about ten I see that were returned and need to be restocked.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lol this best buy has "over 25" XBone not including about ten I see that were returned and need to be restocked.

Over a month since release, still no desire to even entertain the thought of buying one.

I keep creeping towards getting a 3DS, even though it'd only be for Zelda...

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
My Xbox is on every day. I usually regret buying expensive items after getting them but I've enjoyed this one.

Top Bottom