• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That Steam thread giveaway combined with the Steam sales have really made me a believer in Steam and PC gaming. It's nice to have a laptop that can actually run some of these games, but everything is just so convenient on Steam. And I really like the fact that all of my high school friends, family and on GAF are on Steam. Everyone is still split between PSN and XBL on here and IRL.

That being said I know I'll be conflicted to get either XBO or PS4 when it comes down to it. I've always squickened when it comes to consoles. I can never make up my damn mind. I know next E3 when we see Halo I'll say "XBO is my console", then Sony will announce "Last Guardian on sale November 14th 2014!" and I'll be on the PS4 bandwagon.

It's been going on for me since the SNES/Genesis days.

Smokey

That Steam thread giveaway combined with the Steam sales have really made me a believer in Steam and PC gaming. It's nice to have a laptop that can actually run some of these games, but everything is just so convenient on Steam. And I really like the fact that all of my high school friends, family and on GAF are on Steam. Everyone is still split between PSN and XBL on here and IRL.

That being said I know I'll be conflicted to get either XBO or PS4 when it comes down to it. I've always squickened when it comes to consoles. I can never make up my damn mind. I know next E3 when we see Halo I'll say "XBO is my console", then Sony will announce "Last Guardian on sale November 14th 2014!" and I'll be on the PS4 bandwagon.

lul

squicken

To be fair, I still haven't tried KZ MP but the SP was pretty mediocre. Sure was pretty though.

If someone bites, not sure that there is a QB enticing enough to make someone trade up especially given that HOU will certainly take one first. Regardless, I fully expect you guys to take a LT before us whether it's at #2 or elsewhere. There's still that chance you go for the top WR instead ;) What would suck is if you get Watson? I think that's the name of the top WR with the pick you trade back to and then still snag the LT we want with your main pick. Every Cards fan is incredibly sick of having to say we need to go LT in the first round year after year after year. This better be the year we finally get a stud, it's haunted us since Levi was drafted and I want to finally be able to shift my focus elsewhere.

Sammy Watkins. Would love if the Rams traded down a bit but still grabbed him. Dunno if they want to grab a WR in the top 10 in back to back drafts, though. Seems a dumb reason since Tavon is the wrong player for a Schottenheimer/Fisher offense

But it seems pretty deep at WR as well. Still way early, but my initial wishlist is Robinson, Watkins, Clinton-Dix and Amaro. I think Robinson might have a higher ceiling than any LT in quite a while. Combine will be interesting, assuming he come out. to me, Matthews' ceiling is more solid than great

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I still believe Smokey.

Rams GM came out and said they are trading the pick. They just need another QB to rise to the top, or even just Clowney. Rams need OL help. Lots of it. They haven't taken an OL in the first 3 rounds since Saffold in 2010

Inevitably you will see a QB rise. I think there is almost no doubt 3 QBs go in the Top 10.

As for the Lions pick, Tim Twentyman, a Lions beat writer, said that the Lions plan to cut Nate Burleson. Which is surprising because he said he'd even take a pay cut to be here. I'll always love Nate for coming here and really being a leader on the team but he hasn't been the same guy since 2011, probably due to injuries.

The Nate Burleson cut almost ensures we take a WR with our shiny #10 pick.

lol no. That's not happening. Martin Mayhew is always throwing out smoke screens. I don't know what the intention of this particular one would be or if PFT just has some fucked up source, but that is not happening.

I've always just bought everything so that's never been an issue. This seems like the most similar the systems have ever been though so I might actually not get an XBO though I have a feeling I will at some point. If 343 somehow fixes Halo MP, with it being on a dedicated server, I'd be sorely tempted. It's of comfort to me that guys like Frankie post on here so you know they actually read what the community says and it gives me hope that they will make the necessary adjustments. It's just a shame they have to wade through hyperbole and vitriol to get to the quality constructive criticism. MS really needs to show a strong showing of exclusives (not on PC either) to get me on board, hopefully they have some besides Halo and Quantum Break.

MechDX

.@davebirkett says #Lions have interest in #Seahawks assistant HS Tom Cable. They definitely do. DET doing background work on him now

Detroit laying some cable

squicken

Wow I didn't realize the drastic change in turnovers for the Eagles. Wonder how much of that is just not having Vick playing?

My Xbox is on every day. I usually regret buying expensive items after getting them but I've enjoyed this one.

Same . I certainly was a proponent of it before launch but I was also hugely hyped about the Vita before launch. I returned that shit not even a month after launch which I normally never do. Haven't regretted it yet. But I've been using the Bone every single day in some fashion and haven't had any remorse at all. Just need the HBO Go app on here finally and ill never shut it off. I was pretty sure they promised it in December so I expect it out before the ball drops tonight!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
.@davebirkett says #Lions have interest in #Seahawks assistant HS Tom Cable. They definitely do. DET doing background work on him now

Detroit laying some cable

I'll lifetime bet an avatar of NFLGAF's consensus if Tom Cable becomes our coach. Martin Mayhew is just putting out smokescreens so a team like the Vikings, or Bucs will be forced to take a look at him.

Still can't believe Lunchbox is gone. Well, twice.
Three times.

Lunchbox, altbox, simplesbox

Same . I certainly was a proponent of it before launch but I was also hugely hyped about the Vita before launch. I returned that shit not even a month after launch which I normally never do. Haven't regretted it yet. But I've been using the Bone every single day in some fashion and haven't had any remorse at all. Just need the HBO Go app on here finally and ill never shut it off. I was pretty sure they promised it in December so I expect it out before the ball drops tonight!
Vita hate? That ain't cool, homie.

I am very happy with all 3 next gen consoles. WiiU has some great games, and I am loving KZ:SF mp on PS4. The XB1 has had an amazing launch, and I really love all the extra features that it has. I think all 3 were worth getting at launch.

Eleuin

Lunchbox should've just waited for his original ban to end. I guess the "rich" don't have patience

Well when you know your going to get blown out its hard to generate any enthusiasm
this is going to come back to bite me so hard
Is any avatar fair game? Seeing as how I'll inherit your avatar and I can't find anything worst than that.

Sammy Watkins. Would love if the Rams traded down a bit but still grabbed him. Dunno if they want to grab a WR in the top 10 in back to back drafts, though. Seems a dumb reason since Tavon is the wrong player for a Schottenheimer/Fisher offense

But it seems pretty deep at WR as well. Still way early, but my initial wishlist is Robinson, Watkins, Clinton-Dix and Amaro. I think Robinson might have a higher ceiling than any LT in quite a while. Combine will be interesting, assuming he come out. to me, Matthews' ceiling is more solid than great

Ah, Watkins, that's it. Yeah it would be painful as a fan to see them do that two years in a row but you really do still need that top flight weapon. Does your system really use TEs though? Cook really dropped off the map after the first week.

I have two primary hopes and then the list branches off based on what we do in FA and if we successfully addressed these first two needs:

1. Stud LT
2. Stud SS

I'm hoping for one of the three LTs I mentioned earlier and if we somehow get screwed out of all of them which is doubtful, go BPA. We really need a good CB2 to go opposite of Peterson and the first round seems to be where you normally have to find them so probably this first if we miss out on LT. SS is an even greater need, Bell was the single largest liability on our D and the main reason teams scored on us. I haven't looked at that position yet so not sure if the best SS grades in the first round or if we can find a solid guy in the second. I also could see us taking a QB to groom behind Palmer like I said the other day if Arians really likes someone. If all the LTs AND best CB is somehow taken before our pick, and the top SS doesn't grade there, then I could deal with one of the stud TEs since I know Arians wants them to be a big part of his offense. Housler has disappointed and not been able to stay on the field.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll be quite honest--I'd be fine with Tom Cable. He never should have been fired in Oakland.

Konka

Banned
Oh we can dig something up if you need help.

image.php

MechDX

#JFF RT @MoveTheSticks: Studied Manziel today... Escapability vs free rushers is the best I've ever seen.

Will serve him well in Cleveland

Jnc! Golden Tate is crying that us beating them in SEA was a fluke. Was it a fluke that you couldn't get open against our D you whiny little bitch? Our D destroyed your offense, period. The SEA D did work but the SEA O should eat the humble pie they were served. Little Tate is bitch made.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seattle's offensive line is the dirtiest in the league. You think the guy responsible for that is going to solve the Lions' discipline issues?

It's worrisome.

squicken

Jnc! Golden Tate is crying that us beating them in SEA was a fluke. Was it a fluke that you couldn't get open against our D you whiny little bitch? Our D destroyed your offense, period. The SEA D did work but the SEA O should eat the humble pie they were served. Little Tate is bitch made.

Funny you mention this. I noticed against the Cards that those 50/50 balls that Wilson throws never worked. vs STL they worked twice and Tate had two TDs off those. Foles has had lots of success throwing those in Philly. My guess if that those two teams will win or lose a close game on the outcomes of those passes in the playoffs, be it DPI, TD, or INT. One of them could be this year's Ravens with the prayer ball luck

UberTag

Chiefs @ Colts
Saints @ Eagles
Chargers @ Bengals
49ers @ Packers

I'm foolishly predicting a Chiefs-Eagles Super Bowl... because Broncos-Seahawks is just too damn safe & boring.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's incredibly sad that Chuck is more bothered by a gay man in the NFL than a serial rapist. Sad and disgusting.

More concerned that Goodell will rig another GB Super Bowl victory for appearances sake!

Bc19fcaCUAApOxW.jpg:large

26 or 27 in that picture. Another nine or ten behind the CS desk. Guy asked me not to take a picture and he was a cool dude so I didn't.

Damn. I read through some of that stock thread in gaming just now. MS done goofed. I'm setting my buy xbone price at $199.

Welcome to the master race, brother.

bionic77

I don't know why anyone wants the Bone. Calling picture in picture snap doesn't make it any less worthless. I had that feature in the 90s on my parents Sony and you got sick of it after a few months.

But if the Bone is not selling out at launch and the U is DOA then it seems like the game industry really is about to die again. Seems like it is all contracting.

Top Bottom