• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Mangini's 2009 draft class: Alex Mack, Brian Robiskie, Mo Massaquoi, David Veikune, Kaluka Maiava, Coye Francies, Don Carey, James Davis
One of the worst drafts I remember that set us back. We had multiple picks In the first couple rounds. Guys I believe that we passed included Crushing, beanie, Matthews. And pretty sure all those guys went like a couple picks after ours or we traded out. GROSS!
Edit: I think Mike Wallace was in this draft too, we took Mo and Robiskie back to back instead him

eznark

Banned
I counted 37 visible. The PS4 I just returned was bought by the mom behind me in the customer service line. Lol she almost cried.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Damn Logan Thomas earning some draft stock. That shoulder stiff arm on Jack :(

E: As I say that he got lid up 2 plays later..Damn

15yrd flag for that? BS. Somebody gif that please

lt23.gif

Some times you're the train, some times you're the freight.

I don't like Hundley at all. Reminds me of Pryor. VT is just sitting on the short routes because he's so inconsistent throwing deep. He should stay in school another year.

Edit: And there he goes, bad feet and under throws it.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Luck is going to bust!

JJ Swatt!!

HEB!!!

Texans are the best football team in Texas! Going to make the playoffs every year because Kubes/Schoobs were the problem!

You forgot Whataburger, Blue Bell, Frito Lays, Dr Pepper.

Hunter S.

Another Post-Season without the Raiders.

To Distract me from Draft Speculation I follow this simple formula to find out who to cheer for:

1. Team that does not have a direct Rivalry to the Raiders.
2. Team with the most former USC Players

Time to figure out which team to root for.

Option one really limits your choices this year. :-D

The only exclusive on either PS4 or X1 that I've been seriously impressed with is Forza. The TV stuff is neat, but it's not a gamechanger for me, same with the streaming stuff on PS4.

Fifa and Black Flag on PS4 are my shit though.

@LoriNickel
He is aware of the internet story. "I'm just going to say I'm not gay. I really really like women."

Damn. I was really hoping to make my move.

LJ11

I don't like Hundley at all. Reminds me of Pryor. VT is just sitting on the short routes because he's so inconsistent throwing deep. He should stay in school another year.

Edit: And there he goes, bad feet and under throws it.

Not a fan of his either, not watching this game but from what I've seen he's way too inconsistent to even give a fuck about early in the draft. Dude needs work.

We can talk draft here. Not like the thread wasn't dominated by all the coaching changes yesterday. We just don't have enough posters (except on gameday) for a loser bros thread

My early draft crush Jace Amaro didn't disappoint in last night's game, and he declared for the draft today. Better blocker than you'd think given his numbers and usage. It's really looking like a good draft if you get beyond the QBs, all of whom are going to have warts

You'd think it'd be fine since there are far more loser bros than fraud bros. You're probably right though :(

Yeah I'm entering draft mode now and it seems like a pretty good draft. There are apparently three stud TEs but the one with the most upside is supposedly a headcase off the field and that's what hurts his stock. I forget his name, it's a hyphened name. I'm sure Arians really covets one but it's certainly not our top priority. Looks like two stand out CBs, three stand out pass rushers counting Clowney but very fortunate for the cards, it looks like a pretty loaded LT draft. Granted, it depends on what your standards are. Mathews will be gone (probably to the Rams :( ) but it would be amazing if Lewan fell to us. Otherwise, Erving sounds good or the AL one that probably won't fall to us.

As for the next gen discussion, there is absolutely no reason to bother getting either at this point, the launch games are shit. Resogun is pretty cool though. I don't regret buying a PS4 since I'm not hard up on money but I really didn't need to bother until Infamous at least. Oh well, 2014 will be a good year for it. I'll play the shit out of Destiny when it finally drops in September. That game Yankee, I promise to commit time to haha

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
But to get a flag for that? :jnc

If I was playing in todays game as a defensive player (and I still would) I would level a hit like that even if it cost us a flag. Those 15 yards are well worth getting a QB potentially nervous or out of his game.

Plus he didn't hit helmet to helmet which todays game would flag him for. The main contact, as always, came with the ground. Flag Mother Earth.

Greg

If I was playing in todays game as a defensive player (and I still would) I would level a hit like that even if it cost us a flag. Those 15 yards are well worth getting a QB potentially nervous or out of his game.

Plus he didn't hit helmet to helmet which todays game would flag him for. The main contact, as always, came with the ground. Flag Mother Earth.
-Suh

eznark

Banned
It's incredibly sad that Chuck is more bothered by a gay man in the NFL than a serial rapist. Sad and disgusting.

Pete Carroll on defense:

1. Limit Explosive Plays
2. Make the Opponent One-Dimensional
3. Get the Ball
4. Out-hit/Out-physical the Opponent

Pete Carroll on offense:

1. Make Explosive Plays
2. Be Balanced, Never be One-Dimensional
3. Protect the Ball
4. Be Physical

And that's pretty much what you see from us.

Goddam, it's interesting how much Carol has changed since his days in NE. Besides the explosive plays and balanced, the Pats were turnover machines and were 'out physicalled' in every game.

PS4 launch has been great for me. 30+ hours of Killzone MP, tons of FIFA, and the fantastic Resogun. Still waiting to really get into BF4 and I'd like to pick up AC4 eventually.

Smokey

PS4 launch has been great for me. 30+ hours of Killzone MP, tons of FIFA, and the fantastic Resogun. Still waiting to really get into BF4 and I'd like to pick up AC4 eventually.

After getting into trophies I've hardly turned my Xbox One on. Sis and law has for Netflix but that's about it :(

eznark

Banned
Bc19fcaCUAApOxW.jpg:large

26 or 27 in that picture. Another nine or ten behind the CS desk. Guy asked me not to take a picture and he was a cool dude so I didn't.

squicken

Y

Yeah I'm entering draft mode now and it seems like a pretty good draft. There are apparently three stud TEs but the one with the most upside is supposedly a headcase off the field and that's what hurts his stock. I forget his name, it's a hyphened name. I'm sure Arians really covets one but it's certainly not our top priority. Looks like two stand out CBs, three stand out pass rushers counting Clowney but very fortunate for the cards, it looks like a pretty loaded LT draft. Granted, it depends on what your standards are. Mathews will be gone (probably to the Rams :( ) but it would be amazing if Lewan fell to us. Otherwise, Erving sounds good or the AL one that probably won't fall to us.

haha

Rams GM came out and said they are trading the pick. They just need another QB to rise to the top, or even just Clowney. Rams need OL help. Lots of it. They haven't taken an OL in the first 3 rounds since Saffold in 2010

To be fair, I still haven't tried KZ MP but the SP was pretty mediocre. Sure was pretty though.
Rams GM came out and said they are trading the pick. They just need another QB to rise to the top, or even just Clowney. Rams need OL help. Lots of it. They haven't taken an OL in the first 3 rounds since Saffold in 2010

If someone bites, not sure that there is a QB enticing enough to make someone trade up especially given that HOU will certainly take one first. Regardless, I fully expect you guys to take a LT before us whether it's at #2 or elsewhere. There's still that chance you go for the top WR instead ;) What would suck is if you get Watson? I think that's the name of the top WR with the pick you trade back to and then still snag the LT we want with your main pick. Every Cards fan is incredibly sick of having to say we need to go LT in the first round year after year after year. This better be the year we finally get a stud, it's haunted us since Levi was drafted and I want to finally be able to shift my focus elsewhere.

Smokey

GraveRobberX, is that you?

That is a dark path, my friend! Turn back before it's too late!

It's too late :(. Already platinumed Resogun and Ghosts. 60% of the way there for NFS Rivals. I created a fresh account for PS4 since Sony won't let you change your name for whatever dumb reason. Was primarily 360 last gen so didn't really mess with trophies. That has all changed!

What the fuck are squads by the way? And why do I need to unlock barbie dolls? What the fuck happened with Ghosts MP?

Squads something something they play for you when you're away. Ghosts MP is trash I told you. The SP is amusing just because it's so out there, and a good time IMO. Pretty short. Only MP mode worth playing is Extinction and that's co-op.

Top Bottom