• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

jakncoke

Banned
How can you not sellout a playoff game?

Regular season games are already expensive then they attach a playoff inflation. There a reason attendance is going to take a dip, more and more people are smartening up that attending a game isnt worth what the NFL prices

squicken

I saw Anand spec out one of those Mac Pros. For that form factor, I'm not sure a $400 premium is that outrageous. Admittedly I am a SFF PC fan, and am glad to see a little movement beyond the usual stuff. Silverstone has a really small Mini ITX case coming out that uses a riser to allow for full length gfx cards. Add in mSATA and you can really go small

--

Good piece on what went wrong with Freeman in Minnesota, for those interested

Pushing Freeman as Vikings QB too early hurt Frazier

Four people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports that Freeman was late for numerous meetings in his roughly three months with the Vikings. A third player said Freeman often was among the last players to the facility.

Mother of Javan Belcher is suing the Chiefs for wrongful death

According to the Kansas City Star, the estate of linebacker Jovan Belcher has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the Chiefs.

The lawsuit, submitted by Belcher’s mother, contends that Belcher was exposed to “repetitive head trauma” and “suffered multiple concussive and subconcussive blows to the head which caused or contributed to cause a a constellation of neurologic/brain harms, including post concussion syndrome . . . and traumatic brain injuries, such as Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE).”

Apart from the boilerplate allegations appearing in most concussion lawsuits, the Belcher lawsuit makes specific allegations regarding behavior that caused Belcher to play through brain injuries. The lawsuit contends that Chiefs officials “engaged in mental abuse to ‘motivate’” Belcher, that Belcher was told “he was just an accident, and they would get rid of him,” and that he was bullied and pressured to the point that, when combined with Belcher’s concussion issues, “caused or contributed to cause [him] to become insane.”

The lawsuit also alleges that the Chiefs knew or should have known that Belcher showed signs of cognitive and neuropsychiatric impairment, that he was knocked unconscious during a game against Jacksonville in 2009 but was not immediately taken for evaluation, and that he wasn’t given time to fully recover before returning to practice.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I saw Anand spec out one of those Mac Pros. For that form factor, I'm not sure a $400 premium is that outrageous. Admittedly I am a SFF PC fan, and am glad to see a little movement beyond the usual stuff. Silverstone has a really small Mini ITX case coming out that uses a riser to allow for full length gfx cards. Add in mSATA and you can really go small

--

Good piece on what went wrong with Freeman in Minnesota, for those interested

Pushing Freeman as Vikings QB too early hurt Frazier

We're mere days away from seeing a bunch of sff GabeCubes.

--

Should've built a Taco Bell next door, he'd have been the first one in and the last one to leave!

The Queens were a cluster as usual, bringing Freeman in is like trying to patch up the Titanic while the bow was already in the drink. The already fucked up bringing in Cassel and then trying to play Ponder.

Frazier was in over his head ever since replacing Chilly.

Konka

Banned
Regular season games are already expensive then they attach a playoff inflation. There a reason attendance is going to take a dip, more and more people are smartening up that attending a game isnt worth what the NFL prices

Not a problem for the Iggles and as much as I despise the Steelers they would never have this problem.

Is this up-to-date?

1. Bucket & FMT: Accepted, 1-week
2. TheLegendary & TheKaeptain: Accepted, 1-week
3. Greg & Drakeon: Accepted, 1-week
4. Eleuin & DuffMcWalin, Accepted, 1-week
5. ConradCervantes looking for a partner for the dance

Is anyone else man enough to bet?

If not, quote it and add your name in.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Norv Turner would be a decent hire for a new hc as an o-coordinator. Again.

And if LeBeau retires, I wonder if the Steelers bring back Horton or go with Butler.

Lots of choice parts coming cheap from the Browns destruction.

Konka

Banned
About to go out and get drunk. Happy New Years NFL GAF. The only sane place left on this message board.

Eleuin

I offered way back on page three but didn't follow up till now. Blessing in disguise that you missed me; I know we're going to get killed, but I don't want any anime filth. Have some honor, dammit.
The anime is going to make it so much sweeter when we win

going to lose by 21

Norv Turner would be a decent hire for a new hc as an o-coordinator. Again.

And if LeBeau retires, I wonder if the Steelers bring back Horton or go with Butler.

Lots of choice parts coming cheap from the Browns destruction.
Shouldn't we be allowed to swap out Capers for Horton?

Like, right now?

13k unsold seats for the Packers game. Green Bay = LLL central

Happy New Year everybody
Or in other words, 67k sold seats in 2 days.

How will they ever sell the last 13k over the rest of the week!

Top Bottom