• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

squicken

Grossi: Brian Hoyer Ultimately Sunk Chud's Coaching Tenure

Everyone knows that Lombardi was a famously enthusiastic advocate of Hoyer while biding his NFL purgatory with the NFL Network.

When Lombardi successfully acquired Hoyer in May, Rob Chudzinski and Norv Turner already had pretty much committed the entire offseason to readying Brandon Weeden as the starter for the season and Jason Campbell as the fallback option.

In training camp, Hoyer was cast aside by the coaches as the third quarterback. On occasion, Hoyer was banished to a faraway field to throw to the rookie free agents. In my opinion, that cavalier attitude toward Hoyer – not taking him seriously as a viable starting option, ostensibly because he was Lombardi’s “boy” -- was a crucial error in judgment by Chudzinski and Turner.

From that point on, the only thing that would save them was a good year, meaning a good enough record to avoid any sane reasoning for dismissal.

n18zodU.gif

#RIPSNES

Godslay

Banned
Happy New Year everyone. Let's make it a good one :)

Maybe if playoff tickets weren't so ridiculously expensive more people would show up.

They had a local news story with Colts fans talking about how so many people waited in line at the box office and then, when it opened, they saw how expensive the tickets were and most of them left without buying any.

It's not unheard of for wildcard tickets to sell less quickly than additional rounds. Aside from a bit of a higher cost, the real issue is how these tickets sell out so fast, and then appear on different channels so quickly. Really irritating to fight server errors and shit like that, only to find the tickets showing up elsewhere basically marked way up. When the Rockies played the Red Sox in the WS, it was a fucking nightmare trying to get a ticket to any of the games. I'll never fight that again.

I'm not a Pats fan but honestly how can you not like Tom Brady?

He's so fucking likable it's almost infuriating. He's incredibly handsome with a super model wife, perfect kids, the greatest QB of all-time, filthy rich, dude has the perfect life and he's still down to Earth and normal. Listen to him in his interviews, he's not a thug or a big tough guy. He's a competitor.

Here he is taking his kids and gorgeous wife for a walk in the park on Dec 30th:

gisele-495.jpg

Tom+Brady+Tom+Brady+Benjamin+Park+mhId6gnrWZwl-500x363.jpg

Here he is taking them to the Boston Symphony on Dec 26th:

Tom+Brady+Tom+Brady+Gisele+Bundchen+Boston+n9DOcKUdg4Jl.jpg

Great style although I know little about fashion and style but he's always been open to trying different looks, which I bet Gisele has a lot of influence, meaning he loves his wife and listens to her. This is the perfect man.

Happy New Year everyone!

Tickets for Panthers' home divisional round game went on sale at 10:00 this morning (EST)

The team announced a sellout at 10:03

#playoffstarved
#itsbeentoodamnlong

Also, the Bengals may be saved from their game being blacked out by an unexpected yet familiar source.

Chad Johnson ✔ @ochocinco

I'll get the rest RT @joereedy: Statement from #Bengals: “Unless the rate of daily sales increases -- we will not achieve a sellout.

Godslay

Banned
I'm a Broncos fan, but how can you not see the goober poking through the thin veneer of a steely-eyed, laser rocket arm, programmed to throw TDs cyborg?

From a young age, Peyton had the look.

iEOkJR1pACrqr.jpg

In college his sense continued to evolve, he was well on his way to being the Grandpa we all know and love today.

i1xouyTkub3gl.jpg

It continues to this day, sweater with jorts? Fucking badass if you ask me.

ibtuH3t4RQ3Oiy.jpg

Look at that orange, and that belly. It's like if your favorite drunken uncle was a QB.

ibbrtbl7CeGBNV.jpg

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, big forehead = big frontal lobes. Tabris will be this kids #1 scout.

id5EI7e2HtRAn.jpg

If anything Peyton is the Kip of the family, his wife isn't some plastic toy. She's better than the average woman, carrying not 1 but 2 baby Mannings at the same time. How a goober like him landed a woman like her is beyond me, but hey there is more than looks and money at work here.

iCmEQ8x34N8pn.jpg

squicken

Something bugs me about Mike Evans, and it only was made worse in yesterday's game. Almost like he looks stiff. Would definitely rather have Amaro

He's so fucking likable it's almost infuriating. He's incredibly handsome with a super model wife, perfect kids, the greatest QB of all-time, filthy rich, dude has the perfect life and he's still down to Earth and normal. Listen to him in his interviews, he's not a thug or a big tough guy. He's a competitor!

"Winning" 3 Superbowls with the benefit of Spygate...zero without it.

And as far as him not being a "thug" he is one of the biggest assholes to the competition you could find. He talks mad shit on the field.

That "aw shucks" persona is exactly what you are supposed to think he is. It's carefully manufactered.

Out of curiosity, who would YOU say is a "thug"?

He's so fucking likable it's almost infuriating. He's incredibly handsome with a super model wife, perfect kids, the greatest QB of all-time, filthy rich, dude has the perfect life and he's still down to Earth and normal. Listen to him in his interviews, he's not a thug or a big tough guy. He's a competitor.

Easy. Every time he loses (which isn't often) he stomps off the field like a bitch. Act like a man and shake some fucking hands. SMH

Here he is taking his kids and gorgeous wife for a walk in the park on Dec 30th:

gisele-495.jpg

Tom+Brady+Tom+Brady+Benjamin+Park+mhId6gnrWZwl-500x363.jpg

Here he is taking them to the Boston Symphony on Dec 26th:

Tom+Brady+Tom+Brady+Gisele+Bundchen+Boston+n9DOcKUdg4Jl.jpg

Great style although I know little about fashion and style but he's always been open to trying different looks, which I bet Gisele has a lot of influence, meaning he loves his wife and listens to her. This is the perfect man.

Happy New Year everyone!

How's Reggie's 1800 yards treating you?

jakncoke

Banned
So the next Browns coach has these options

1) Start Hoyer go 10-30 over 2 years and get fired with Lombardi

2) Beg to draft a new qb, get fired during the draft

3) Successfully convince management to draft one, but dont star Hoyer long enough and get fired

4) Successfully convince management to draft one, finds out rookie is a better option during training camp and never starts Hoyer... gets fired.

What a great position to be in.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think I'm entitled to a lazy comparison of my own in this thread just like everyone else.

I don't really care how exactly he'll bust, but I'll be waiting for it!

I'll be waiting for it, too, as I've long disliked him, but poor mechanics hasn't (completely) stopped Stafford or Rivers. Manziel has a lively arm, decent accuracy, and he's about the same size as a lot of NFL quarterbacks (Rodgers, Romo, Steve Young, Montana) and he's a bit bigger than Vick or Brees. His oversized head, hands and feet make him look smaller than he is.

But still, he's not big enough to survive NFL hits if he takes off running a third of the time.

jakncoke

Banned
Google thinks giving me a custom url for my plus account is going to make me start using it I think. Thats cute.

I think they are focusing on the RB production they lost when they traded Trent.

Joke? Browns got a 1st for a bust RB. Thats a steal!

Also Browns leading rusher was McGahee with 377, thats gotta be some sort of record be it 16 game team record or super bowl era record

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jason Cole:

NFL scout on Manziel: "He's Favre. On Sunday, he's going to play his ass off. The rest of the week, he's going to do what he wants to do."

Best comparison I've heard.

MechDX

#Texans RT @MoveTheSticks: JJ Watt is here... Clowney is here. Future teammates? #Cap1Bowl

McNair is there as well...

Bread

Banned
Google thinks giving me a custom url for my plus account is going to make me start using it I think. Thats cute.

Joke? Browns got a 1st for a bust RB. Thats a steal!

Also Browns leading rusher was McGahee with 377, thats gotta be some sort of record be it 16 game team record or super bowl era record
:jnc

TP'd

Top Bottom