• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

simples

Banned
Gata's loyalty is as pure as Richard Sherman's urine sample.

or this -

b9tiUBs.png

Pro

Packer D played pretty well given the circumstances, but could never make a stop once we had the lead. Leads were always gone on the very next possession. Chances were there just couldn't close the deal.

i will first say gg packers-age. i knew this wasn't going to be a blowout despite what some of the talking heads say. it's what i keep telling people year after year about the NFL playoffs. it doesn't matter what your team was ranked in the regular season, how they got into the playoffs or anything else. it's a new season and guys get up for it.

with that said, kap played a good game but not great. if you gave me his statline before the game in this weather i'd take it. the int hurts but i don't think it was a god awful read, williams made a good jump on it. he should've gone to gore in the flat and that has been a constant problem this year with him not looking for the check down. had a couple throws that didn't have enough velocity and a couple throws that had too much velocity. also got away with a pick late. however it warms this old heart so much at all the people who get so butthurt over his success. he'll need to play better but he was very clutch today.

i thought the game was over after we came out after halftime and wasted 2 timeouts in 4 minutes. i don't understand why our coaching staff is so bad about this. part of it is kap, but its no coincidence that we've had the same problems with alex as well. i feel like sometimes we just need to take the 5 yard penalty. timeouts are too valuable and we were very lucky to not need them.

crabtree is a fucking beast and while i wouldn't call him an elite top 5 WR, he has to be in the next group. dude tore his achillies not long ago and is dominating. his blocking on the edge has been extremely impressive which a lot of people don't always recognize.

the refs more or less let both teams play and i'm fine with that to a degree. could have easily called some defensive pass interferences in the game on both sides and didn't. whatever. what i didn't like is that we were obliterating the packers line early and then they literally just start tackling our guys or bear hugging them. i get that offensive holding happens every play and so on but sometimes its so blatant i feel like it needs to be called. on the other hand, i'm not sure why i get upset about non-calls on offensive holding since everyone knows the NFL wants offense offense offense and the shit is rarely called in the regular season let alone the playoffs.

thought greg roman rebounded nicely in the 2nd half after a lot of questionable calls on the goalline in the first half. i don't think we ran enough but i also think crabtree was absolutely abusing the packers secondary and so it's hard to get away from that. i'm not as critical of roman as a lot of niners fans but i have been disappointed in a lot of his playcalling. the 2nd half was mostly good. the sore thumb play was the reverse to patton on the cusp of FG range.... just didn't feel that was a good call in a game this tight and with points at a premium. other than that, its hard for me to hate on him.

anyways onto carolina. i suspect we will have a much tougher time moving the ball against their defense and we just got into a brutal fist fight for an entire game so we'll see how healthy we came out of here

eznark

Banned
i will first say gg packers-age. i knew this wasn't going to be a blowout despite what some of the talking heads say. it's what i keep telling people year after year about the NFL playoffs. it doesn't matter what your team was ranked in the regular season, how they got into the playoffs or anything else. it's a new season and guys get up for it.

with that said, kap played a good game but not great. if you gave me his statline before the game in this weather i'd take it. the int hurts but i don't think it was a god awful read, williams made a good jump on it. he should've gone to gore in the flat and that has been a constant problem this year with him not looking for the check down. had a couple throws that didn't have enough velocity and a couple throws that had too much velocity. also got away with a pick late. however it warms this old heart so much at all the people who get so butthurt over his success. he'll need to play better but he was very clutch today.

i thought the game was over after we came out after halftime and wasted 2 timeouts in 4 minutes. i don't understand why our coaching staff is so bad about this. part of it is kap, but its no coincidence that we've had the same problems with alex as well. i feel like sometimes we just need to take the 5 yard penalty. timeouts are too valuable and we were very lucky to not need them.

crabtree is a fucking beast and while i wouldn't call him an elite top 5 WR, he has to be in the next group. dude tore his achillies not long ago and is dominating. his blocking on the edge has been extremely impressive which a lot of people don't always recognize.

the refs more or less let both teams play and i'm fine with that to a degree. could have easily called some defensive pass interferences in the game on both sides and didn't. whatever. what i didn't like is that we were obliterating the packers line early and then they literally just start tackling our guys or bear hugging them. i get that offensive holding happens every play and so on but sometimes its so blatant i feel like it needs to be called. on the other hand, i'm not sure why i get upset about non-calls on offensive holding since everyone knows the NFL wants offense offense offense and the shit is rarely called in the regular season let alone the playoffs.

thought greg roman rebounded nicely in the 2nd half after a lot of questionable calls on the goalline in the first half. i don't think we ran enough but i also think crabtree was absolutely abusing the packers secondary and so it's hard to get away from that. i'm not as critical of roman as a lot of niners fans but i have been disappointed in a lot of his playcalling. the 2nd half was mostly good. the sore thumb play was the reverse to patton on the cusp of FG range.... just didn't feel that was a good call in a game this tight and with points at a premium. other than that, its hard for me to hate on him.

anyways onto carolina. i suspect we will have a much tougher time moving the ball against their defense and we just got into a brutal fist fight for an entire game so we'll see how healthy we came out of here

gg BUT

fuck you

ShaneB

Bunch of great football this weekend! Can't wait for next week. Playoff teams are heating up, craziness is bound to happen as it did this week.

Also... any fan that gives up on a team before the game is over should be ashamed of themselves.

Eagles opponents next year. 6 really tough out of division games. Gonna be really hard to repeat.

Home Away
Dallas Cowboys (8-8, 2nd NFCE) Dallas Cowboys (8-8, 2nd NFCE)
New York Giants (7-9, 3rd NFCE) New York Giants (7-9, 3rd NFCE)
Washington Redskins (3-13, 4th NFCE) Washington Redskins (3-13, 4th NFCE)
Carolina Panthers (12-4, 1st NFCS) Arizona Cardinals (10-6, 3rd NFCW)
Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12, 3rd AFCS) Green Bay Packers (8-7-1, 1st NFCN)
Seattle Seahawks (13-3, 1st NFCW) Houston Texans (2-14, 4th AFCS)
St. Louis Rams (7-9, NFCW) Indianapolis Colts (11-5, 1st AFCS)
Tennessee Titans (7-9, 2nd AFCS) San Francisco 49ers (12-4, 2nd NFCW)

the int hurts but i don't think it was a god awful read, williams made a good jump on it.

I don't think that was a bad throw at all. I feel as though Davis just didn't fight for the ball. He was in position to make a better break for the ball but chose not to. TBH, Davis had a shitty game outside of his lone TD catch. Dude had ice block hands today.

TheFatOne

Fuck man there is a very real possibility that I will miss the Pats game this saturday. I'm basically going to be in the middle of nowhere on vacation for like 5 days. Is there any way I could stream this game on my phone?

Eagles opponents next year. 6 really tough out of division games. Gonna be really hard to repeat.

Home Away
Dallas Cowboys (8-8, 2nd NFCE) Dallas Cowboys (8-8, 2nd NFCE)
New York Giants (7-9, 3rd NFCE) New York Giants (7-9, 3rd NFCE)
Washington Redskins (3-13, 4th NFCE) Washington Redskins (3-13, 4th NFCE)
Carolina Panthers (12-4, 1st NFCS) Arizona Cardinals (10-6, 3rd NFCW)
Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12, 3rd AFCS) Green Bay Packers (8-7-1, 1st NFCN)
Seattle Seahawks (13-3, 1st NFCW) Houston Texans (2-14, 4th AFCS)
St. Louis Rams (7-9, NFCW) Indianapolis Colts (11-5, 1st AFCS)
Tennessee Titans (7-9, 2nd AFCS) San Francisco 49ers (12-4, 2nd NFCW)
Cowboys will have all the same teams except Saints and Bears instead of Panthers and Packers.

Top Bottom