• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Watkins probably gets drafted in front of Lee at this point.

There is no doubt about that, and I think Mike Evans (Texas A&M) gets drafted ahead of him. I'm always weary of WRs coming out of USC, but I think priority number #1 should be WR for the Lions.

Also some interesting stats I found out about our RBs from this year via ESPN:

41.5 -- Rushes per fumble for Joique Bell, worst among qualifying running backs in the league.

44.6 -- Rushes per fumble for Reggie Bush, second-worst among qualifying running backs in the league.

46 -- Drops for the Lions this season, 10 more than any other team in the league.

Guaranteed we'll be looking at Running Back in Rounds #2-#3. Despite these stats I still like Bell and Bush, but RBs are always prone to injury so we'll need another RB.

cdyhybrid

There is no doubt about that, and I think Mike Evans (Texas A&M) gets drafted ahead of him. I'm always weary of WRs coming out of USC, but I think priority number #1 should be WR for the Lions.

Guaranteed we'll be looking at Running Back in Rounds #2-#3. Despite these stats I still like Bell and Bush, but RBs are always prone to injury so we'll need another RB.

Bishop Sankey is a stud!

squicken

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...63-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html?wprss=rss_redskins

Previous Washington Redskins coaches only had to deal with one divisive influence at the top of the franchise. Now there are two. The next head coach will have to cope not just with owner-supremo Daniel Snyder’s interference, but with the added complication of a 23-year-old boy emperor who believes he can dictate everything from the play-calling to what’s served at training table. You don’t like eggs? Take it up with Robert Griffin III.

effzee

Djax only had 6 targets in that game. That is laughable. Saints were able to shut down the run so easily because they only had to single Djax. Foles should have been able to make them pay for that but he was afraid to test Lewis. As soon as he went out he started going to Djax. Some times even if a guy is covered you have to give him a chance. I really hope Foles learned from this game.

Yeah and throughout the season Foles had been good with throwing the ball deep a couple of times to give his guys a chance.

This game he didn't but that might be how the Saints played it.
I noticed him not even look his way these past two games. And its no shock that both games, against average to terrible Defenses, the offense struggled. And both games DJAX was largely uninvolved.

Desean was also open twice on targets that would have led to crucial first downs. Foles missed on him twice. He pretty much caught everything that was catchable.

Against Dallas, especially in the redzone, even Collinsworth pointed out how they need to pass to Desean on a couple of those WR screen plays because he was wide open. Foles wasn't even looking.

Jameis Winston already has that Ray Lewis phony motivational speech thing down at 19 years old. Impressive.

Man I can't wait till he is an Eagle in two years if Foles falls flat on his face.

The Bungles in the playoffs is really the only thing we can still depend on. Despite the leagues effort to make shitty teams into SB champions the Bungles refuse to follow the script and stick to their roots of sucking balls.

God bless Marvin Lewis.

Dalton sucks. But unless they get rid of him to start over with another QB they might need to make some changes in the coaching staff just to shake things up.

cdyhybrid

Yeah and throughout the season Foles had been good with throwing the ball deep a couple of times to give his guys a chance.

This game he didn't but that might be how the Saints played it.

I noticed him not even look his way these past two games. And its no shock that both games, against average to terrible Defenses, the offense struggled. And both games DJAX was largely not involved.

Against Dallas, especially in the redzone, even Collinsworth pointed out how they need to pass to Desean on a couple of those WR screen plays because he was wide open. Foles wasn't even looking.

Man I can't wait till he is an Eagle in two years if Foles falls flat on his face.

Dalton sucks. But unless they get rid of him to start over with another QB they might need to make some changes in the coaching staff just to shake things up.

Eagles gonna have the #1 pick?

Edit: Frazier Bucs DC officially.

I've calmed down. I started a thread in Reddit to let it all out and got over it quick.

Maybe Dalton isn't the problem. He's not the best, but in his defense, he has gotten much better every year he's in the league. Maybe he doesn't suck, but he ain't good. Like a dumber version of Chad Pennington. Either way, fuckin' pay AJ anything he wants.

fmj2.JPG

Konka

Banned

I apologize for my chick little fellow fans. All things considered I thought we had a wonderful year, pleasantly surprised. I think Foles will benefit greatly from a full offseason as a starter.

bionic77

I foolishly thought they could go deep this year cause the AFC was so weak. But never underestimate the power of the bungle.
Death, taxes and Bungles choking.

The only things certain in life.

If only bionic had been raised right and loved CFB, he could have enjoyed the past hour with Tim Tebow
Tebow in college was not as fun because it was mostly all blowouts. A big part of Tebow was the miracle second half wins.

Luck plays like shit and pulls wins out of his ass in the 2nd half and we call him a franchise qb despite being uglier than a gorilla (and I am talking an ugly fucking gorilla). Tebow does the same thing and never gets another shot to play. This will go down as a big of a tragedy as when the stole Ali's belt.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

wat

If they take a running back in the first 3 rounds Mayhew is insane.

As for the WR, there's no shot for us to have Watkins drop to #10. It just won't happen. I think Detroit would be better off taking CB Dennard if he's there or the value at OLB at #10. There are two top-10 OLBs in the draft and one will almost assuredly drop to #10. We need help in that area.

Take the WR in the 2nd.

I've calmed down. I started a thread in Reddit to let it all out and got over it quick.

Maybe Dalton isn't the problem. He's not the best, but in his defense, he has gotten much better every year he's in the league. Maybe he doesn't suck, but he ain't good. Like a dumber version of Chad Pennington. Either way, fuckin' pay AJ anything he wants.

fmj2.JPG

Welcome back, brother!

I apologize for my chick little fellow fans. All things considered I thought we had a wonderful year, pleasantly surprised. I think Foles will benefit greatly from a full offseason as a starter.
I am not chicken little at all but I also know chances like this don't come along every year.

effzee

You don't need the #1 pick to get the QB if you need him.

And not every team picking #1 needs the QB.

I'm joking though. Foles will most likely improve with his first full off season as a starter and year 2 in the system. Hopefully Chip can design more of the offense around what Foles does best. Hopefully Maclin is brought back.

Fix the defense and hopefully we can aim to be one of the top 2 seeds in the NFC. That should be the goal. Not to just be good or maybe win the division.

I think our biggest needs going into the off season are OLB, S, DEs, and as always more CB depth.

cdyhybrid

You don't need the #1 pick to get the QB if you need him.

And not every team picking #1 needs the QB.

I'm joking though. Foles will most likely improve with his first full off season as a starter and year 2 in the system. Hopefully Chip can design more of the offense around what Foles does best. Hopefully Maclin is brought back.

Fix the defense and hopefully we can aim to be one of the top 2 seeds in the NFC. That should be the goal. Not to just be good or maybe win the division.

I think our biggest needs going into the off season are OLB, S, DEs, and as always more CB depth.

If Winston keeps playing like he has this season and improving as he grows, you'll need the #1 pick to get him :p

MRSA

Banned
Parents....I was thinking about taking my six year old to an NBA game. Six seems old enough to appreciate it, right?

I would go on and tell you about how children are the worst and such but you already know this as fact.

But a 6 year old doesn't give a fuck about professional sports. Also nobody wants to watch the Kings.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
wat

If they take a running back in the first 3 rounds Mayhew is insane.

As for the WR, there's no shot for us to have Watkins drop to #10. It just won't happen. I think Detroit would be better off taking CB Dennard if he's there or the value at OLB at #10. There are two top-10 OLBs in the draft and one will almost assuredly drop to #10. We need help in that area.

Take the WR in the 2nd.

Maybe not in Rounds #2-3 but we will draft a RB. We need some depth and Bush is injury prone. I liked Bush and Bell, but the fumbles, dropped passes and injuries will have us taking at least one RB. We have the o-line shored up.

As for DB, I like Darius Slay still. We'll see once pro days and combine hits who will fall and rise but Dennard isn't going to catch Touchdown passes. We've desperately needed someone opposite of Megatron for two years now. We need guys who are going to take pressure off of Megatron and Stafford and a DB is not going to do that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Parents....I was thinking about taking my six year old to an NBA game. Six seems old enough to appreciate it, right?

If they're okay with crowd noise, you should be fine. Assuming they're not the kind of kid who can't sit still for more than 5 minutes. A Warriors game can get pretty damn loud.

Spinluck

Luck plays like shit and pulls wins out of his ass in the 2nd half and we call him a franchise qb despite being uglier than a gorilla (and I am talking an ugly fucking gorilla). Tebow does the same thing and never gets another shot to play. This will go down as a big of a tragedy as when the stole Ali's belt.

You'll learn to love him, Tebow teaches everyone love.

bdlah9lieaabyem.jpg

Besides, you have no choice but to root for him this week!

effzee

If Winston keeps playing like he has this season and improving as he grows, you'll need the #1 pick to get him :p

Well yeah most likely but if a team with a QB has a terrible season and lands the top pick they might look to trade down or pass on him.

That is the extreme scenario. If Foles somehow completely becomes a bust and the Eagles miss the playoffs they will already have a top 15 pick. You could package that pick and maybe a 2nd round pick if Winston is someone they really want. Mariota will also be available so maybe that is who Chip might target.

Again all of this on the extreme case that Foles comes back to earth.

What I really want to see this offseason though is Personnel Director Gamble (who helped built the SF defense before Harbs even got there) work his magic. Chip has an advantage in that a lot of the guys coming out he has coached, coached against, or recruited out of HS. Together they have to nail this draft to fill a lot of holes.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Is that alternate a real model? Lol

Looks like a sff pc! Boooooooooooooooo! I didn't even know there was a h/w company named alternate. Let's keep it that way.

e -

Alternate - $1339
CPU - Intel Core i5 4570
Graphics - Gigabyte GTX 760
RAM - 16GB
Storage - 1TB SSHD

guys on NFLN said the panthers will be too much for us and will win

OMFG THEY DON'T RESPECT US! CAN U BELIEVE IT! WE HAVE THE LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN THE NFL AND NOW WE CAN'T HANDLE ANYONE! THIS IS DISRESPECTFUL!

Top Bottom