• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Bowser

Posted?

CBS announced today that it will stream its full slate of NFL playoff games to PCs and tablets for the first time, beginning with a wildcard game this weekend.

The coverage will include all the network's AFC playoff games including one wildcard game, plus its coverage of the divisional and championship rounds.

The network will carry Sunday's Chargers v. Bengals tilt at 1:05PM EST, plus both divisional round games at Denver and New England on January 11 and 12, and the AFC Championship game on January 19.

The games will be viewable on CBSSports.com, but, due to the slim chance of non-sold out games, it remains a possibility that the games will be blacked out in some areas.

jbug617

Banned
From Phil Savage about Bortles.

@SeniorBowlPhil: Blake Bortles' conflict: media/mock drafts = top 10, NFL advisory panel = 2nd RD. 5th pick = 4yrs/18M, 40th pick = 4yrs/4M. #toughcall

I wonder if this is going to be a Nassib type of situation.

Mindlog

The best thing about the Sunday Ticket are the Shortcuts that come on later. Being able to watch a game that's already been played with all the frivolous shit and commercials gone, in 30 minutes, is the best.
Yeah, that's part of the reason I don't see the NFL changing too much. They already make much of their money off the game because of the way it's structured to support advertising, I can't imagine those companies being happy with a smaller audience. Then again the NFL makes a lot of dumb decisions.

effzee

The Cutler signing is really just unbelievable. Their geriatric backup is a better QB, and he fucking proved it on the field. How do you give a guy who was outplayed by a backup making next to nothing a top dollar contract. Makes no sense.

I don't get the big deal.

Contracts don't mean shit in the NFL. They are structured so that after a few seasons teams can cut bait. I don't get why people get so worked up over these deals. That is the going rate for franchise QBs.

Cutler will still have Marshall, Forte, and Alshon. The offense is solidified with the improved OLINE as well. The Bears problems are on the defense. You can do both. You can re-sign Cutler and fix the D. The same draft pick you would have to use on a QB if you let Cutler go, is the same pick you use on a potential defensive stud.

I don't know the salary cap situation for the Bears is but if what mrbob is saying is true then Cutler shouldn't hold them back from rebuilding the D.

Keep in mind folks Cassel played well for 1 season too wit the Pats and the weapons they had. McNown has never been more than a journey man back up. He did great with these weapons they have.

I am not even a fan of Cutler but don't get the outrage.

Fantomex

I'm not saying Josh McCown could be a franchise QB, but neither should a guy he outplayed. Keep McCown and then draft one of these QBs with the 14th pick. This isn't similar to the Flacco situation at all. Cutler has never proven he can win shit.

I agree. It's just that backups be coming out Schaub or Flynn after a couple of seasons. Franchises are weary. I would of also kept McCown and drafted a QB.

Syrinx

He last least won a playoff game last year. He did have a horrible year this year, so maybe one more chance for him next year but you are probably right about him not belonging either.
He's going to become damaged goods quickly if the Falcons don't improve that offensive line in a hurry.

MechDX

proxy.jpg

I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

Damn! If that is really Kluwe's account on Deadspin

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-pl...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgTc2LBNX_I

"Why are you doing this dad?"
"Because they fucking suck, that's why."
"Yes sir."

He last least won a playoff game last year. He did have a horrible year this year, so maybe one more chance for him next year but you are probably right about him not belonging either.

Actually he had a fairly impressive year considering the amount of duress he was constantly under combined with the fact that we had no run game.
It's a miracle that he didn't get seriously injured.

Bowser

Nice of them to stream games online that the ENTIRE country has access to on TV

I know a lot of people who don't even have TVs anymore, do all their stuff online with Netflix/Hulu etc. Although, those are all less likely to be major sports fans.

squicken

All that shit may be true, but Kluwe is an attention whore. The cause isn't important. What's important is he gets his drug

Crisco

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgTc2LBNX_I

"Why are you doing this dad?"
"Because they fucking suck, that's why."
"Yes sir."

Actually he had a fairly impressive year considering the amount of duress he was constantly under combined with the fact that we had no run game.
It's a miracle that he didn't get seriously injured.

Agreed, that's a shitty team he was on. The way he was getting beat up in some games, lesser QBs would have mailed it in. He never did.

QB Contract Guarantee
J. Flacco 6 yrs, $120.6M $51M
A. Rodgers 5 yrs, $110M $54M
M. Ryan 5 yrs, $103.75M $59M
T. Romo 6 yrs, $108M $55M
T. Brady 3 yrs, &57M All
P. Manning 5 yrs, $96M $18M
M. Stafford 3 yrs, $53M $41.5M
D. Brees 5 yrs, $100M $55M

Flacco will never be dethroned.

Don't forget Bradford's 50 mil guaranteed on his ROOKIE CONTRACT.

Massive thanks for that lockout

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Kluwe didn't do his job well and that's why he doesn't have a job. Blaming others because your leg is shot doesn't do shit. Like people would give two shits what he said if he was Ray Guy. Wake up.

Dragon

Banned
Kluwe didn't do his job well and that's why he doesn't have a job. Blaming others because your leg is shot doesn't do shit. Like people would give two shits what he said if he was Ray Guy. Wake up.

Who cares about his whining about being released? Seriously, that's a total non story in my eyes considering the rest of what he wrote.

rokkerkory

QB Contract Guarantee
J. Flacco 6 yrs, $120.6M $51M
A. Rodgers 5 yrs, $110M $54M
M. Ryan 5 yrs, $103.75M $59M
T. Romo 6 yrs, $108M $55M
T. Brady 3 yrs, &57M All
P. Manning 5 yrs, $96M $18M
M. Stafford 3 yrs, $53M $41.5M
D. Brees 5 yrs, $100M $55M

Flacco will never be dethroned.

Goodness Payton such a freakin steal on that list.

Who cares about his whining about being released? Seriously, that's a total non story in my eyes considering the rest of what he wrote.

Ya I don't get it either. There are some pathetic posts on Gaf today trying to had wave the rest of the story away. Maybe its true and maybe its not, but the Vikings need to address it at some point. The story wouldn't even be much of a stretch considering how the nfl is.

TheFatOne

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 1m
It also looks like Collie is back, which might mean an IR trip for one of the four absentees today.
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m
Another area 2 consider is health of WR Aaron Dobson (foot). While Josh Boyce (ankle) seems closer to return, I sense more doubt on Dobson.

Stole these from a Pats forum. Pats resigned Collie which means one of the four players missing from practice might be headed to IR. Boyce, Mankins, Dobson, and Dennard did not practice. So it could mean one of these four are headed to IR. Every Pats fan should be paying attention to this situation.

Edit: Don't want to sound alarmist, but this is a situation every Pats fan should pay attention to for the next few days/weeks. Of the four it looks like Dobson/Dennard would be the most likely candidates.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ya I don't get it either. There are some pathetic posts on Gaf today trying to had wave the rest of the story away. Maybe its true and maybe its not, but the Vikings need to address it at some point. The story wouldn't even be much of a stretch considering how the nfl is.

I believe it's all true. If you're a borderline player and want to keep your job then you'll do what you're told. If you're 8 5 in his prime, then you'll do what you want and keep your position. It's pretty simple. Is it fair? No. Is it the way things work? Yes.

Stole these from a Pats forum. Pats resigned Collie which means one of the four players missing from practice might be headed to IR. Boyce, Mankins, Dobson, and Dennard did not practice. So it could mean one of these four are headed to IR. Every Pats fan should be paying attention to this situation.

Edit: Don't want to sound alarmist, but this is a situation every Pats fan should pay attention to for the next few days/weeks. Of the four it looks like Dobson/Dennard would be the most likely candidates.

My guess would be Dobson with the foot fracture playing up again. Would suck, because he's what the O needs.

The only reason we're hearing about any of this is because he's bitter over getting cut. It kinda cheapens his crusade for gay rights when it's just a thinly veiled attempt to swipe at his previous employers.

Dragon

Banned
I believe it's all true. If you're a borderline player and want to keep your job then you'll do what you're told. If you're 8 5 in his prime, then you'll do what you want and keep your position. It's pretty simple. Is it fair? No. Is it the way things work? Yes.

What does this have to do with Mike Priefer possibly being a homophobic asshole?

The only reason we're hearing about any of this is because he's bitter over getting cut.

Of course. And? You Steelers fans seem to be missing the point and almost excusing such behavior.

TheFatOne

What are the chances the Bucs cut Revis? That would seem like an incredibly stupid thing to do. Was reading a thread over at the main pats forum, and people are tweeting and writing about the possibility of cutting Revis because they could save 16 mill in cap space. It just seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do. He could once again become the best corner in football. I would never cut a talent like that on the team.
My guess would be Dobson with the foot fracture playing up again. Would suck, because he's what the O needs.

That's what everyone is assuming at this point. I hope that isn't the case, but Pats can't really afford to lose anyone right now.
https://twitter.com/BMarshall/status/418815576765923328

7 years for 126 million for Cutler.

Now lets get the full details and guaranteed money.

Seems like a lot for a bad QB, but need to see the guaranteed money first.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

It's ok, bro. Hulk Hogan has your back.

Top Bottom