• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Tom Penny

My guess would be Dobson with the foot fracture playing up again. Would suck, because he's what the O needs.

Meh. It's all about Gronk. Has been for years. He has no replacement. It's not like Dobson was some TD machine in the Redzone were their biggest issues are on offense.

TheFatOne

Forget everything I posted Pats are winning a super bowl. I need to change my avatar to Hulk in a Pats jersey.
Meh. It's all about Gronk. Has been for years. He has no replacement. It's not like Dobson was some TD machine in the Redzone were their biggest issues are on offense.

This is true, but they could still use all the weapons they have for this playoff run.

Forget everything I posted Pats are winning a super bowl. I need to change my avatar to Hulk in a Pats jersey.

This is true, but they could still use all the weapons they have for this playoff run.

mramerica.jpg

Close enough! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

It would be nice to have somebody over 4 feet in the redzone, but we're doomed either way.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Happy the Bears signed Cutler mostly because I hate them both and we give Cutler fits when we play him! I'll let you guys figure out if it was a bad move overall or not.

effzee

Seems like the Oline coach will be the first to get cut, Though he's far down the list of people that need to get fired.

Haven't been keeping up with Miami but what makes you believe they are firing anybody?

Has there been any end of year press conference where they stated some coaches and or the GM won't be back?

Of course. And? You Steelers fans seem to be missing the point and almost excusing such behavior.

Ugh.

Not to pick on you Dragon bit I can't fucking stand it when people infer that when you criticize a person or subject you are against their cause.

There are multiple threads of conversation to this particular subject. The one I care to talk about is "Chris Kluwe is a douchebag". Does that mean I disagree with his beliefs or am defending the special teams co-ordinator he implicates in the article? No.

On that note, Chris Kluwe is a douchebag. He's using his opinion to drag his former employers under the bus. While what he said about them may be and probably is all true it doesn't stop him from being a self important jackass.

I've been thinking about the Raven's season for the last few days. Mulling it over and over. The bad coaching decisions, the tight wins crouched between sloppy, inexcusable losses and trying to succinctly put the cause of these failings into sharp focus. Bad o-line play hurts, but Ben has succeeded despite it. Anemic run game hurts but Rodgers has succeeded without it (though he now has sex icon Lacy). Losing your best reciever and tight end hurts but Brady has succeeded despite it. So you know what, this one's for Larry;

Fuck.
Joe.
Flacco.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to solving the great mystery of "Hey, what's at the bottom of all these liquor bottles?"

Dragon

Banned
Ugh.

Not to pick on you Dragon bit I can't fucking stand it when people infer that when you criticize a person or subject you are against their cause.

There are multiple threads of conversation to this particular subject. The one I care to talk about is "Chris Kluwe is a douchebag". Does that mean I disagree with his beliefs or am defending the special teams co-ordinator he implicates in the article? No.

On that note, Chris Kluwe is a douchebag. He's using his opinion to drag his former employers under the bus. While what he said about them may and probably is all true it doesn't stop him from being a self important jackass.

Fair enough. I get pretty fired up about the topic and just really hate it when people say well he deserved to get released so who cares about the rest of it.

Tom Penny

Lean on the running game more, take care of the ball and force turnovers. They have no other option since a shootout isn't going to happen although they might have more talent than great 06 WR's of Gabrielle and crazy eyes Caldwell that somehow got to an AFC championship.

Haven't been keeping up with Miami but what makes you believe they are firing anybody?

Has there been any end of year press conference where they stated some coaches and or the GM won't be back?

Nothing yet and the owner just landed at Miami HQ in his helicopter earlier this morning, he has been in NY since season ended. If there were to be any firings it would be today/tomorrow.

Edit: Owner did say that nobody was safe though, he was going to evaluate everything and then make decisions based off that.

Fair enough. I get pretty fired up about the topic and just really hate it when people say well he deserved to get released so who cares about the rest of it.

That's Kluwe's fault though. If you're going to be a crusader for gay rights, then do that. Don't bring up your career every time it comes up.

Kluwe was an average punter.

Also $50m guaranteed. Nice.

Although I think Trestman is a solid coach from what I've seen from him thus far.

TheFatOne

Lean on the running game more, take care of the ball and force turnovers. They have no other option since a shootout isn't going to happen although they might have more talent than great 06 WR's of Gabrielle and crazy eyes Caldwell that somehow got to an AFC championship.

The only issue with this is that McDaniels will abandon the running game against better defenses. We just have to hope the defense improves in the post season, and Ninko/Jones step up their game. Pats have been pretty good all year with pressure now the back end just has to hold up for a few more games. One thing going in the Pats favor is that the entire NFL is pretty average. No one team is elite so they should be playing close games every time. That's all we can ask for right now. If the defense keeps it close at the end of games the Pats have a real shot at the super bowl.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Nothing yet and the owner just landed at Miami HQ in his helicopter earlier this morning, he has been in NY since season ended. If there were to be any firings it would be today/tomorrow.

Edit: Owner did say that nobody was safe though, he was going to evaluate everything and then make decisions based off that.

I don't understand why Philbin isn't in total control of the offense. Bring in a bright defensive mind as dc and just let him run that side.

Talon

Ryan was sacked 44 times this year, a career high, and ESPN Stats and Information passes along that he was pressured on 204 dropbacks this season. That was the most in the league, as were Ryan’s 702 total dropbacks, and it left wide receiver Roddy White worried about the quarterback’s long-term health if the Falcons don’t make some serious improvements.

“Next year, that’s got to be something that we improve: We’ve got to keep our quarterback clean because he’s not going to make it,” White said, via ESPN.com. “You keep taking hits and hits and you’re not going to make it. We’re going to have to find ways to get him protected, keep him upright so he can do what he do and that’s make throws and win football games.”
Speaking that truth.

Hello Jake Matthews.
He got paid like the top 10 qb he is:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Next year goal is top 5.
Bob, you would quote QBR. Seriously.

I don't understand why Philbin isn't in total control of the offense. Bring in a bright defensive mind as dc and just let him run that side.

I think it's because they felt comfortable having Tannehills college coach run the offense since that's what he knows. It was supposed to help in his transition but after this year I really think he's holding him back with his shitty play-calling. The oline being shit isn't Shermans fault but he didn't adjust his play-calling at all to try to help Tannehill or use his mobility. I think Ireland and Sherman are the two coaches that absolutely must go, with Coyle 3rd and finally Philbin if the new GM wants him gone.

njean777

Burning your teams logo after one bad year, what a shitty fan. If anybody has the right to burn their teams logo it is the browns fans :p

Top Bottom