• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington "fully expects" Bengals OC Jay Gruden to receive "major consideration" for the Redskins' head-coaching vacancy.
Preparing for Sunday's Wild Card game, Gruden isn't yet allowed to interview. Gruden has overseen a productive, but often vanilla, offense during his three years as Cincinnati's coordinator. He's not an undeserving candidate, but his last name is certainly boosting his job prospects.
Jon would go crazy during Skins games.

He got paid like the top 10 qb he is:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Next year goal is top 5.

cutlerspintwuih.gif

Let's see Peyton do that!

Ryu751

Banned
Good God that Cutler money. He has not played a whole season in three years. He won one playoff game. He had three tries to knock out Green Bay in the past couple of years. His backup ran the offense better consistently. How do you pay that guy Arron Rodgers money. It makes zero sense. The franchise tag would have the same hit on the cap as this contract. With no risk. Bears will be 500 like the Cowboys for life.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Good God that Cutler money. He has not played a whole season in three years. He won one playoff game. He had three tries to knock out Green Bay in the past couple of years. His backup ran the offense better consistently. How do you pay that guy Arron Rodgers money. It makes zero sense. The franchise tag would have the same hit on the cap as this contract. With no risk. Bears will be 500 like the Cowboys for life.

It's never Cutler's fault. He hasn't succeeded because of:

Mike Martz
Mike Tice
Jeremy Bates
The O-Line
Injuries
Not having any good WRs (before Marshall/Jeffrey)
Lovie Smith
Diabetes

And whatever other excuses I keep hearing....he's elite though!

Mike Martz
Mike Tice
Jeremy Bates
The O-Line
Injuries
Lovie Smith
Diabetes

This is just..... marvelous

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions already calling about Whisenhunt and have "very strong interest."

Yes, please!

Lions already calling about Whisenhunt and have "very strong interest."

Yes, please!

I keep hearing about Whisenhunt and Caldwell. I don't think I could handle the 180 in terms of emotions from Schwartz to Caldwell (and I generally prefer Whisenhunt for his QB work).

Could you imagine seeing a coach on the sidelines who doesn't throw a fit at every instance and knows the rules? What a brave new world we are venturing into

Patriots7

The only issue with this is that McDaniels will abandon the running game against better defenses. We just have to hope the defense improves in the post season, and Ninko/Jones step up their game. Pats have been pretty good all year with pressure now the back end just has to hold up for a few more games. One thing going in the Pats favor is that the entire NFL is pretty average. No one team is elite so they should be playing close games every time. That's all we can ask for right now. If the defense keeps it close at the end of games the Pats have a real shot at the super bowl.
Denver, Cincinnati and San Diego.

We have absolutely no chance of beating any of the above three.
PeyPey has more weapons than God.
Cincy isn't that far behind, except they have a phenomenal defense. If Good Dalton plays, we're smoked.
Rivers is on a hot streak.

The season is over. It's much more enjoyable following mock drafts on Pats forums.

And my heart can't take another Super Bowl loss. It just can't.

ShaneB

I'd say this is a great thing, but I have no idea how the NFL will view online games in the future if they want to keep something like Gamepass as the only option. Definitely good to see this happening in either case.

Rewatching Packers/Bears on NFLN now. I'm still flabbergasted at the Cutler deal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I keep hearing about Whisenhunt and Caldwell. I don't think I could handle the 180 in terms of emotions from Schwartz to Caldwell (and I generally prefer Whisenhunt for his QB work).

Could you imagine seeing a coach on the sidelines who doesn't throw a fit at every instance and knows the rules? What a brave new world we are venturing into

It will be a welcome change and a long-time coming.

It's pretty funny hearing someone convinced that they can't beat the Chargers. I thought we have proven enough times that no matter how good our odds look something bad will happen.

Ryu751

Banned

Mike Martz
Mike Tice
Jeremy Bates
The O-Line
Injuries
Lovie Smith
Diabetes

Winners over come problems. An elite quarterback gets it done. Like Arron Rodgers. Cutler is middle of the road QB, and should have been payed like it.

It is, he posts on Deadspin with relative frequency.

I think Kluwe is a class act. He stood up for things he believed were just (and they are), and was blackballed as a result. The machismo aspect of the NFL is on the outs, being carefully regulated via restrictions on hits, off-the-field antics, and derogatory comments about gays, women, etc.

I'm not surprised by some of the quotes from the ST coach, and hope he gets shown the door in the near future. Then again, Kluwe is just a replaceable punter and his words are unlikely to have any influence over front office decisions. Hopefully, it gets enough circulation to get picked up in the mainstream news sources. This sort of thing plays out best in the court of public opinion.

From his previous article:

I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won't come into your house and steal your children. They won't magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster. They won't even overthrow the government in an orgy of hedonistic debauchery because all of a sudden they have the same legal rights as the other 90 percent of our population—rights like Social Security benefits, child care tax credits, Family and Medical Leave to take care of loved ones, and COBRA healthcare for spouses and children. You know what having these rights will make gays? Full-fledged American citizens just like everyone else, with the freedom to pursue happiness and all that entails. Do the civil-rights struggles of the past 200 years mean absolutely nothing to you? - Kluwe

Plinko

Lions first official interview is:

JIM CALDWELL!

On Friday.

Bring in the robot!

If the Niners win and play Seattle, I'm going to have buy a Richard Sherman jersey just to wear at work to counteract all this Niners love.

If this happens, who wants to let me borrow some seahawks gear? I'll mail it back after the hawks dismantle the Niners. Hopefully, it won't even get it to this.

If the Niners win and play Seattle, I'm going to have buy a Richard Sherman jersey just to wear at work to counteract all this Niners love.

If this happens, who wants to let me borrow some seahawks gear? I'll mail it back after the hawks dismantle the Niners. Hopefully, it won't even get it to this.

You are the worst Blarry Almost as bad as harson.

rando14

Eddie Lacy avatar, Seahawks love.... Blarry you are the best!! :)

Listening to Detroit sports radio, host keeps claiming Harbaugh has a lot of friction in SF and may be a free agent/could come to the Lions or U of M. I've never heard anything to support these claims, shit sounds like fantasy.

Tom Penny

Cincy isn't that far behind, except they have a phenomenal defense. If Good Dalton plays, we're smoked.

The season is over. It's much more enjoyable following mock drafts on Pats forums.

I'd love to play the Chargers in the AFC championship..

cdyhybrid

You're a good man. I was wearing purple for the last Super Bowl (UW purple because that's all I have, but it's the thought that counts)!

JCizzle

Listening to Detroit sports radio, host keeps claiming Harbaugh has a lot of friction in SF and may be a free agent/could come to the Lions or U of M. I've never heard anything to support these claims, shit sounds like fantasy.

The friction stuff isn't inaccurate, but it's with the GM not the organization. They've been 'clashing' over the third string QB all year, how many snaps Aldon should have played against the Colts, etc. However, he's not a free agent. Still 1 or 2 more years on his deal after this year I think.

There has been a little tension between Harbaugh and Baalke (Niners GM), that part is true.

But there's no chance in hell he leaves the Niners to go back to college, and I doubt he would leave them for the Lions either.

I think we could definitely beat Cincinatti, we almost did earlier in the season and maybe San Diego. They would have to play perfect to win in Denver.

cdyhybrid

The friction stuff isn't inaccurate, but it's with the GM not the organization. They've been 'clashing' over the third string QB all year, how many snaps Aldon should have played against the Colts, etc. However, he's not a free agent. Still 1 or 2 more years on his deal after this year I think.

Looks like your sabotage plan with Chris Harper failed, but Operation BJ Daniels was a success! Go Hawks!

P.S. Fuck the NFL, you can draft a fantasy team for the Puppy Bowl now!

Top Bottom