• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

effzee

The best thing for a highly paid QB coming off of his worst year (and one of the worst years of any QB) is to completely change schemes. This will be super great for Eli.

RIP Eli

Not much is going to change. Gilbride ran the offense Coughlin wanted run. Coughlin isn't going to just up and switch schemes or the general philosophy.

The scapegoat is being forced out when in reality the bigger issues were the revolving door at TE, no RB(s), and an aging declining OLINE.

Doesn't help that Nicks decided to take the year off.

For some odd reason the Shanahans only seemed to want to work with Rex.

As I understand it they are totally different.
hur hur I just don't care for playing demos and I'm currently fixated on another game.
I've read that Miami should try to get him again this offseason, though the cost would be around 9 million per year, so I'm assuming he played well enough to earn that.

Interesting. I vaguely remember discussing him in here last season and I want to say people were stating he had back issues and wasn't worth the money so I was curious if that perception changed after another season, one of which KC thrived to see if he played a large part in that
after the schedule ;)

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 2m
@ESPNRadio980 stands by our report that Dan Snyder has met w/ Bill Cowher. We have had many sources tell us that good mutual interest exists

hmmm

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
@ESPNRadio980 stands by our report that Dan Snyder has met w/ Bill Cowher. We have had many sources tell us that good mutual interest exists

hmmm

I honestly have no clue how well a guy who has been out of football for so long will do.

squicken

hmmm

Not sure about that. Cowher was a hell of a coach but he's been out of the game for quite awhile

Have you guys been watching KC this year? How did Albert look? Trying to figure out if it'd be worth throwing money his way so we can use the first pick elsewhere or if he's not worth the money. I'll have to pay attention to them this weekend.

Honestly, he wasn't stellar. I watched every game this season and he seemed to commit more boneheaded false starts than in the past and got beat quite a few times.

He was a demi-god compared to Fisher on the other side, but Fisher is a rookie who was hurt a lot this year.

vernondavisgrab.gif

If this happens on Sunday, his dick is liable to break off.

:jnc

Mrbob

Those tickets will get sold. Either by people who want to go or some business will buy them out. The weather is part of the problem, but the other part is the Packers are putting the screws on Season Ticket holders for those playoff tickets. They want these season ticket holders to pay for not only the wild card round, but also NFC Championship tickets as well if the tiny, tiny chance they would host it. Of course if GB doesn't host another game this money goes towards next years tickets but many season ticket holders don't feel like giving the Packers an interest free loan.

Texas wants McCarthy?

Let them have him.

Why would he want to leave the pros for college?

Cutler 1-9 against us so I'm really glad they resigned him lol

In his first game against GB under Trestman Cutler played great. I'm glad he'll be around to clown the Packers defense from now on as well.

brentech

That is quite honestly pathetic. I thought GB was good for a small market?

How long is the waiting list for season tickets? How do I sign up?
The season ticket waiting list has more than 81,000 names. The Packers tell fans adding their names that the average wait is 30 years. To get your name on the season ticket waiting list, click here
Disgusting, filthy, fair-weather fans.

Honestly, he wasn't stellar. I watched every game this season and he seemed to commit more boneheaded false starts than in the past and got beat quite a few times.

He was a demi-god compared to Fisher on the other side, but Fisher is a rookie who was hurt a lot this year.
A Chief fan has appeared! Thank you, appreciate the insight. So sounds like in your opinion, he isn't worth the money he'll be expecting in FA?
hur hur? I thought you meant you weren't playing it because you didn't want it spoiled.

Actually that is another reason, I'd like to just experience it all fresh. I thought you were trolling me.

DMczaf

hmmm

Go from one coach who was out of the game for a long ass time, to another coach who's been out of the game for a long ass time?

Do you know the definition of insanity?

brentech

zGHkLWKl.jpg

My deck this afternoon. It's still coming down pretty fast, but the flakes are a little smaller I think. Pretty terrible outside. North East Ohio =\

Hunter S.

For once Denver is warmer than the rest of the country. Divisional game in Denver looking to be in the 40s! No cold weather talk on Manning all week will be so refreshing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Expected wind chill temperature for the Niners-Packers game on Sunday:

BdABXeSCAAA8dph.png:large

Frozen tundra, indeed.

Whatever. cdy taught me that SF already plays outdoors in cold weather, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Speaking of cold weather, it's going to be -55C tomorrow morning. Flights were cancelled this morning because it was too cold and they couldn't get a plane engine started... I will be lucky to leave tomorrow morning :(

-55 where you are or where you are going? Either way, I'd suggest moving to gata country.

Not much is going to change. Gilbride ran the offense Coughlin wanted run. Coughlin isn't going to just up and switch schemes or the general philosophy.

The scapegoat is being forced out when in reality the bigger issues were the revolving door at TE, no RB(s), and an aging declining OLINE.

While I agree with all points, it doesn't put enough on Eli for playing like absolute shit this year. He's a 10 year veteran who played like a second year player. There are reasons for that. Many of which you mentioned and are difficult to overcome but 27 interceptions is fucking inexcusable for a franchise QB who's played at the level he has in he past. While I'm one of his biggest defenders here, there really is no defense for what he put on the field this season. Careless as I've ever seen him and his bad qualities amplified thanks to everything going on around him.

You pay a franchise QB to elevate what he has around him, and he has in the past. This season? He just withered alongside it all and that shouldn't be excused away. I still support him and he's my QB (*TO tears*) but 2014 needs to be a big reconstruction year for him and this offense.

...and here we go.

Striker

If you look at the video Future posted yesterday (here), you see Nicks has been dealing with leg/foot injuries for the past year and a half. Seems non stop. But I do agree it wasn't all injury, his effort was seemingly off in some cases, stopping his routes, running half speed, etc.

I foresee him gone, probably won't see much in FA for money. Though I am curious how much he receives and how he'll play elsewhere.

Giants have to look hard at OL and also for another threat at WR/TE. Jace Amaro is somebody I would like them to look at, and I can see WR sometime.

Talon

rogers_aaron5.jpg

Oh, you think the coldness is your ally, but you merely adopted the cold.
colin-kaepernick-packers1.jpg

I was born in it, molded by it.
460x.jpg

The snows betray you, because they belong to me.

Pro

I remember the last abysmally cold game in Green Bay and it didn't end too well for the Packers...2008 NFC Championship. Favre throws a pick on the last drive to lose 23-20. Lets hope they are prepared for the cold more this time around.

Top Bottom