• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

JABEE

Priefer , the guy that Kluwe put on blast for being a homophobe vehemently denies allegations.

Kluwe is an asshat. As nice as it was for him to show up here, he deserved to get cut.
Now he's using his activism as an excuse for his poor performance.

That may not be his intention, but it is becoming about him rather than the overall cause.

@BurkieYCP makes some great points about Kluwe's situation.

Dragon

Banned
Priefer , the guy that Kluwe put on blast for being a homophobe vehemently denies allegations.

Kluwe is an asshat. As nice as it was for him to show up here, he deserved to get cut.

I'm glad since he denied allegations that the matter is done with.

And yes that's sarcasm. What do you expect him to do? Look at his son who uses the word gay as an insult on Twitter and open your eyes.

JABEE

And yes that's sarcasm. What do you expect him to do? Look at his son who uses the word gay as an insult on Twitter and open your eyes.
Yeah. It would be expected for him to deny it. True or untrue.

eznark

Banned
What unsold playoff tickets? Seriously? But I've been told over and over that was the mark of a terrible sports city.

Packers have fewer than 3,000 unsold tickets. I think that's the average attendance for Braves Wild Card games as long as you count sales and not turnstiles.

squicken

Texans fans seem to be the most concentrated. It's so weird to see the local conversations about stuff.

People go where the jobs are. Fingers crossed, but since the oil crash in the 80s, Texas has mostly avoided the worst of all the economic downturns in the US. So young people don't leave like they do in the Rust Belt

eznark

Banned
People go where the jobs are. Fingers crossed, but since the oil crash in the 80s, Texas has mostly avoided the worst of all the economic downturns in the US. So young people don't leave like they do in the Rust Belt

Doyle ran everyone out of Wisconsin :(

How much of NFL GAF still lives in the region their team plays in? It doesn't seem like that many of us do.

MetLife is like a 20-30 minute drive from me.

I know it's easy to let emotions give way and shout "KILLDRIVE!" for every offensive blunder that's gone down this season, but thanks for two Super Bowls, Gilbride. I'm sort of mixed about Sullivan's name coming up even though he's a Coughlin guy and Eli has had a good relationship with him AFAIK.

I was very recently watching the "Houston '93" Football Life episode on the DVR. He and Buddy Ryan were pretty open about how they couldn't stand each other.

ShaneB

I grew up on the north east coast of Canada, far away from anything, so I have free reign on whatever sports team I want to pick since I throw region out the window. And fuck the Bills.

Also, Kimberly Jones on NFLN Eagles Cam sounds like a robot.

You're arguing that him denying the allegations doesn't prove anything yet you're using to his son's actions as evidence that he's guilty. Nice.

I respect Kluwe for taking a stand in a cause I personally believe a lot in in. But he's acting like a child and his approach is silly

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I grew up on the north east coast of Canada, far away from anything, so I have free reign on whatever sports team I want to pick since I throw region out the window. And fuck the Bills.

Also, Kimberly Jones on NFLN Eagles Cam sounds like a robot.

Despite your hate of my other Toronto team we can be friends. :D

eznark

Banned
I listened to a long interview with Kluwe when his book came out in October or something. He was on Dan Patrick. He had a lot of great things to say about Frazier but was clearly pissed off at the organization and felt he was cut because of his beliefs. To me he came across as a guy who was completely unable to cope with the fact that his talent was dwindling and his career was coming to an end so he was looking for excuses and people to blame.

You read his article and it's abundantly clear that he was absolutely not cut because of his beliefs. At worst he was cut because he wouldn't keep his mouth shut. Realistically he was cut because he was easily replaceable with a better and cheaper punter.

ShaneB

Despite your hate of my other Toronto team we can be friends. :D

Heh.. I dont hate the Leafs as such, it's just fun seeing them fail (just as much that it's alright seeing them do well after so many failures too). Except that one time where that thing happened that no fan should go through. But yes, I hate the Bills propoganda claiming them as Toronto's team too. Fuck that.

You read his article and it's abundantly clear that he was absolutely not cut because of his beliefs. At worst he was cut because he wouldn't keep his mouth shut. Realistically he was cut because he was easily replaceable with a better and cheaper punter.

Yep.

gutshot

He's in Vegas!

Ah yes. Knew he was somewhere out west but couldn't remember where exactly.

Is it snowing where you are yet? Was listening to Mike Miss on the way home from work and he was complaining about having to drive home in the snow.

JABEE

I listened to a long interview with Kluwe when his book came out in October or something. He was on Dan Patrick. He had a lot of great things to say about Frazier but was clearly pissed off at the organization and felt he was cut because of his beliefs. To me he came across as a guy who was completely unable to cope with the fact that his talent was dwindling and his career was coming to an end so he was looking for excuses and people to blame.

He kept repeating that his punting hadn't declined. I remember him talking about how his coach didn't want him to kick it as deep as he could when he was in this thread a year or so ago.

He seems to have good convictions, but he hasn't come to terms that his falling out of the league had as much to do with his decline as his public persona.

JABEE

Ah yes. Knew he was somewhere out west but couldn't remember where exactly.

Is it snowing where you are yet? Was listening to Mike Miss on the way home from work and he was complaining about having to drive home in the snow.
Yes. Ground and roads are covered. 4-6 inches expected tonight more in the morning and afternoon. Friday Night the lows will be at 5F.

Top Bottom