• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

I listened to a long interview with Kluwe when his book came out in October or something. He was on Dan Patrick. He had a lot of great things to say about Frazier but was clearly pissed off at the organization and felt he was cut because of his beliefs. To me he came across as a guy who was completely unable to cope with the fact that his talent was dwindling and his career was coming to an end so he was looking for excuses and people to blame.

You read his article and it's abundantly clear that he was absolutely not cut because of his beliefs. At worst he was cut because he wouldn't keep his mouth shut. Realistically he was cut because he was easily replaceable with a better and cheaper punter.

Considering how cheap punters usually are they are pretty easy to replace too

WedgeX

Banned
How much of NFL GAF still lives in the region their team plays in? It doesn't seem like that many of us do.

I did for my whole life up until the last year. Now I live in an area that should be mostly Washington and Baltimore fans, yet is dominated by cowboy fans.

eznark

Banned
He kept repeating that his punting hadn't declined. I remember him talking about how his coach didn't want him to kick it as deep as he could when he was in this thread a year or so ago.

He seems to have good convictions, but he hasn't come to terms that his falling out of the league had as much to do with his decline as his public persona.

He also slid in there a few times how he had bad games and bad punts. When you're easy to replace and having a down year...probably best to not also be a pain in your coaches ass. You simply aren't worth it.

He also slid in there a few times how he had bad games and bad punts. When you're easy to replace and having a down year...probably best to not also be a pain in your coaches ass. You simply aren't worth it.

That's what it comes down to for me. Guy is on the bubble performance wise at one of the more replaceable positions and creates drama for the team to deal with? Any decent team would make the same decision.

cdyhybrid

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 2m
I loved American Hustle.

God damnit, I was slightly interested in watching it before I saw this.

How much of NFL GAF still lives in the region their team plays in? It doesn't seem like that many of us do.

Born in Aurora, CO but raised in Denver most of my life and back in Aurora. Cheer for all the home teams...well except the Rockies for obvious reasons.

lol are you actually questioning the dedication of green bay fans?
BdABXeSCAAA8dph.png

this probably changes a lot

Well I'm not going outside Sunday -20 good god

gutshot

Yes. Ground and roads are covered. 4-6 inches expected tonight more in the morning and afternoon. Friday Night the lows will be at 5F.

Man, I miss that. The excitement and anticipation the night before and then waking up the next day to a snow-covered landscape.

Don't miss the shoveling though.

effzee

You're one of the few Eagles GAF members who do. I know effzee is in NYC, I'm in Raleigh, Konka is about to move out of the country and yankeehater lives... somewhere.

Yeah I'm in NYC but did spend close to 7 years in Bensalem right outside of Philly. Now I can't imagine ever leaving NYC (but probably will have to someday soon cause of the cost of living) but still root for all Philly teams.

Oh and on the Bucs GM:

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 15m
As expected, Bucs reach deal w Jeff Tedford as OC. Source: Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard is leading candidate as next Bucs GM

Great pick up if true.

brentech

i immediately regret shoveling the driveway. bone chilling. 20mph winds just froze my face
....the game sunday, going to be so much worse though

JABEE

i immediately regret shoveling the driveway. bone chilling. 20mph winds just froze my face
....the game sunday, going to be so much worse though
I hate shoveling the snow while it's still snowing, but it's the best way to limit icing. I shoveled the driveway and walkways the moment the Eagles-Lions game ended.

gutshot

Yeah I'm in NYC but did spend close to 7 years in Bensalem right outside of Philly. Now I can't imagine ever leaving NYC (but probably will have to someday soon cause of the cost of living) but still root for all Philly teams.

Oh and on the Bucs GM:

Great pick up if true.

Yeah, I don't doubt your Philly fan credentials. I'd be surprised if any Eagles fans here weren't originally from the Philly area. The Eagles aren't the Cowboys or Patriots, they don't really have any front-runner fans.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Texans fans seem to be the most concentrated. It's so weird to see the local conversations about stuff.

There's just a lot of NFL GAFers in Texas period because...

People go where the jobs are. Fingers crossed, but since the oil crash in the 80s, Texas has mostly avoided the worst of all the economic downturns in the US. So young people don't leave like they do in the Rust Belt

This!

And I want to move to Wisconsin!

Half the people here in Houston are transplants so a lot of the "natives" ratchet up their state pride even more. Heck, the transplants seem to love it since I often see "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could!" bumper stickers...also see it on chick's dating profiles. It's really odd.

Doyle ran everyone out of Wisconsin :(

I think a lot of the flight even began in the early 90s when the recession hit under the first Bush. Basically tied to manufacturing losses I think.

Gigglepoo

I moved to San Francisco in 2007, so, after spending two decades of fandom away from my team, I'm now in the same city. Still halfway across the country from the Pacers, though.

Godslay

Banned
lol are you actually questioning the dedication of green bay fans?
BdABXeSCAAA8dph.png

this probably changes a lot

Close to my backyard. Great thing about cold is you can layer up, plus you get used to it. I personally like the change. The only thing that bothers me in the winter is static.

Hot weather on the other hand sucks, simply because if you have to be in it, there is not much you can do to cool down. Even worse with humidity. Spring and fall are best though.

Green Bay people are good people, didn't they clean the snow out of their stadium a couple years back? Pretty dedicated imo . Wildcard games seem to sell less quickly typically, and the even more slowly when it's blistering cold. I don't think it's much of a measure of a fan base, as the tickets will sell.

Top Bottom