• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Wes

venison crêpe
Who is this Lindsey Duke I keep seeing mentioned in draft related threads?

*researches*

Oh my giddy aunt.

eznark

Banned
No, I'm from Detroit. Even typing that makes me feel dirty.

So you are a thirty something from Detroit who just happened to like two teams who were studly in the 90's from a different city than the one you were born.

Are you also a Braves fan perchance?

She wasn't that was the other girl hitting people. Was a mess.

Also, you've been bumped down the list. Now you're now Florida's number two biggest Patriots fan now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N2FePZIY4JQ

Hulk Hogan's the white Snoop Dogg

hulk-hogan.jpg

Slo

I listened to a long interview with Kluwe when his book came out in October or something. He was on Dan Patrick. He had a lot of great things to say about Frazier but was clearly pissed off at the organization and felt he was cut because of his beliefs. To me he came across as a guy who was completely unable to cope with the fact that his talent was dwindling and his career was coming to an end so he was looking for excuses and people to blame.

You read his article and it's abundantly clear that he was absolutely not cut because of his beliefs. At worst he was cut because he wouldn't keep his mouth shut. Realistically he was cut because he was easily replaceable with a better and cheaper punter.

Pretty much my thoughts. He was garbage the last year he was with the Vikings, and couldn't make the Raiders roster. He was also one of the top paid punters in the league. If there's one thing consistent in the NFL, it's that they'll happily put up with your bullshit so long as you're performing at an elite level. After that you're out on your ass.

RBH

Farooq

Banned
Proof that Foles doesn't only throw to guys who are "college open".

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/01/02/22-foles-sacked/

Also, Dallas got away with a ton of DPI and defensive holding in the game. "Not getting off of some jams" is Kelly's safe way of saying that the receivers were being held.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...her-Cowboys-nor-refs-can-beat-the-Eagles.html

I believe this is aimed at me.

I will have to look at the All-22 myself to get a better gauge. I will not concede my point based on a few cherry picked plays. I will look at the All-22 later today or tomorrow.

Gigglepoo

So you are a thirty something from Detroit who just happened to like two teams who were studly in the 90's from a different city than the one you were born.

Kind of? I didn't like football until I started watching Steve Young, hence my Niners fandom. And my dad's friend used to have season tickets to the Pistons and would always give us his Pacers ones, because no one else wanted. I liked their style. Plus, they hadn't even won a series when I started rooting for them.

I never understood rooting for a team because that's where you were living. I hated the Pistons, even though they were NBA Champions. Plus, my dad was a Chicago fan anyway (that's where I was born). I chose who I wanted to root for and stuck by it.

In hindsight, my NBA life would have been much easier if I chose a big market team. Oh well.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I posted, they can't interfere with the value of the 2 point conversion.

That's why I really can't see them messing with it. You'd completely change the strategy of the entire game, the audience would have to relearn a bunch of stuff, and you couldn't directly compare games pre-change to post-change.

I get that things evolve (less defense, more passing, a few rule changes), but that would change so much about how the game was played.

And like I said in that thread I'll say in here, the biggest thing they really need to think about fixing is either making pass interference a 15 yard penalty or make it so coaches can challenge it. I'm probably exaggerating a bit (okay a lot) but it seemed like Joe "Chuck it deep and hope for a flag or a catch" Flacco won a Super Bowl using that style offense.

Sellout Streaks:

Philadelphia: 80
Seallte: 85
Green Bay: 319

Thanks for playing.

except that packers sellout streak is regular season only. packers failed to sell out a playoff game in 1983.

the NINERS, on the other hand, have sold out every single home game (regular season and playoffs) since 1974. suck our dicks

Hmm, IF the really did want to make it more difficult couldn't they just make the kicker kick further away? 50 yards? lol

lol from the 35 yard line won't be too bad. I'm sure the numbers would show they are far less then automatic, especially in bad weather games.

That's why I really can't see them messing with it. You'd completely change the strategy of the entire game, the audience would have to relearn a bunch of stuff, and you couldn't directly compare games pre-change to post-change.

I get that things evolve (less defense, more passing, a few rule changes), but that would change so much about how the game was played.

And like I said in that thread I'll say in here, the biggest thing they really need to think about fixing is either making pass interference a 15 yard penalty or make it so coaches can challenge it. I'm probably exaggerating a bit (okay a lot) but it seemed like Joe "Chuck it deep and hope for a flag or a catch" Flacco won a Super Bowl using that style offense.

I agree, that rule needs to changed, this is alone dolphins got screwed on several BS PI calls. I think making it 15 yards is the best way to go, completely eliminates what could essentially be free points on a blown call.

Wes

venison crêpe
I posted in there. I think its fine as is too but tried to think up something at least anyway.

Me too. My idea:

The distance from their goal line that you decide to attempt the extra point should be equal to the distance away from your own goal line when you take the succeding kick off.

eznark

Banned
except that packers sellout streak is regular season only. packers failed to sell out a playoff game in 1983.

the NINERS, on the other hand, have sold out every single home game (regular season and playoffs) since 1974. suck our dicks

Was 74 the last year you guys won a Super Bowl? It's been so long, i can't remember.

eznark

Banned

Hey shit-sucker, how'd that blackout taste?

Although the capacity has more than doubled since Lambeau Field was opened, demand for tickets remains high. The Packers have sold out every game since 1960, and more than 81,000 names remain on the waiting list (with a reported average wait time of 30 years).[15] The sell-out streak has had the effect (intended or not) of ensuring that all Packers home games are televised in Green Bay and Milwaukee, a streak that started in 1973 (prior to that time, local telecasts of home games were disallowed regardless of how many tickets were sold); the Packers are one of four NFL teams (the others being the Washington Redskins, Denver Broncos, and Pittsburgh Steelers) that have not had a home game blacked out since the current blackout rules were put into place.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I never understood rooting for a team because that's where you were living.

Local team gets more media coverage and the games always (barring blackouts) gets aired locally, so of course a lot of people end up rooting for their local team. It also means you see a lot of people end up hating the local teams because of that.

Hunter S.

Sellout Streaks:

Philadelphia: 80
Seallte: 85
Green Bay: 319

Thanks for playing.

44 years of sellouts.

Also looking this up, I found this awesome stuff from 2012.
Recently Erich Schubert of the Broncos’ PR department asked the Elias Sports Bureau for some stats on fewest losing seasons by NFL teams since 1984.

The Broncos have had the NFL’s fewest losing seasons by any team from 1984 to the present. Coincidentally, this time frame marks the Pat Bowlen era as team owner, and the standard of success is always set from the top.

Denver has had five losing seasons, with the next fewest being by Baltimore and Houston (six each, and in Houston’s case, that is six out of just 11 overall).

There is a four way tie (with seven losing seasons) among Green Bay, Miami, New England and Pittsburgh in that time frame, and every other team has more losing seasons these listed franchises.

And of the seven teams just noted with the fewest losing seasons—Denver having the fewest—Houston and Miami have not won the Super Bowl in that period, and only the Broncos, Patriots and Steelers have multiple Super Bowl wins.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/broncos-have-one-of-a-kind-sellout-streak/

Top Bottom