• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

JABEE

"That's entrapment, Brah!"

The police have a lot of eyes and ears in the stadium and some will be in disguise.

They'll be wearing New Orleans Saints jerseys and hats. So, be careful who you pick on.

"I would be very hesitant about that. There were many Eagles attendees that left early during the Chicago game for that very same reason," Sullivan said.

The stadium code of conduct is posted prominently around the stadium and the police say they will be extra vigilant.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=9379645

Sanjuro

I'm sure those new Saints fans are going to have a bounty system implemented as well.

"$500 if you can bring down that fat fuck with the brat in hand!"

Konka

Banned
Well, down to 12 degrees here. Only 5 more to go till we get to the 7 with -16 windchill they forecasted for tonight.

wind-chill-frostbite-chart.gif

(fingers crossed for a non-disasterous hotlink)

Goddamn. Wonder what level of frostbite Coughlins face was at in the 08 NFC Championship game. This game will be colder than that one

cdyhybrid

coachingsearch.com said:
Cleveland Browns: ESPN Insider Tony Softli tweets, "OU head coach and Ohio native Bob Stoops may have the inside track on the Cleveland Browns opening." Softli is a former vice president of player personnel for the St. Louis Rams and former director of college scouting for the Panthers.

minx

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Further details on Cutler contract. Not as awful as I once thought. Still overpaid though. Guess that's the going rate of average to above average QBs these days.

"The first leaked details of the Jay Cutler contract put the average value for the first three years at $18 million, with $54 million guaranteed.

The details were accurate. Per a source with knowledge of the deal, Cutler will make $54 million over the next three years, with a rolling guarantee that starts at $17.5 million upon signing, increases to $38 million on March 14, 2014, moves to $48 million in March 2015, and caps out at $54 million in March 2016.

The deal contains no signing bonus, creating a pay-as-you-go series of cap charges for the Bears, based only on his base salaries.

In 2014, Cutler will earn a base salary of $22.5 million. In 2015, the base salary is $15.5 million. In 2016, it increases to $16 million.

After 2016, the deal becomes a year-to-year, no-cap-hit proposition, with salaries of $12.5 million in 2017, $13.5 million in 2018, $17.5 million in 2019, and $19.2 million in 2020. In each of those four seasons, Cutler earns $156,250 for each game he appears on the active roster, for a maximum additional earnings of $2.5 million per year and $10 million over four.

Thus, he’ll get the full $126.7 million only if he’s on the active roster for every game from 2017 through 2020.

The contract also has an annual de-escalator of $500,000 based on participating in the offseason workout program. If he fails to show up, the base salary reduces accordingly.

It’s a real three-year, $54 million contract, with a team-held option at lower rates for each of the next four years.

Under three years of the franchise tag, Cutler would have earned more than $60 million. He therefore reduced by more than 10 percent his total haul in exchange for shedding the injury risk.

Cutler also has shifted most of the risk of poor performance, with the Bears most likely to pay him $48 million over two years.

Is it the best possible deal Cutler could have done? No. But it’s a very good deal under the circumstances, it keeps him in Chicago for the next three years at $18 million annually, and it gives the Bears the annual right thereafter to decide whether to keep him or to walk away."

Idk about the stoops thing, but it isn't the first time it's been mentioned this week. And he did say he was open to jumping to the NFL this week. Jimmy loves his college football .

Also I got Tbell because of you bastards, this thread is a bad influence on every aspect of my life.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
This blackout thing is depressing for many reasons, but the main one? I think it's a clear sign that the NFL is going to go to PPV games in the very near future--maybe even after the Sunday Ticket deal with DirecTV expires after next year.

It's quite obvious the experience at the game isn't anywhere near worth the ridiculous amount of money needed to pay for the ticket, parking, etc. HD feeds are great and you don't have to spend any money if you live in the same state as your team. If you don't live in the same state (like me), NFL Sunday Ticket is cheap enough to where it may cost even less to pay for an entire season than it would to go to one game.

I think we're looking at two options: Either PPV games or NFL Sunday Ticket prices double. I see absolutely no way the NFL loses the blackout rule (FCC can't do anything about it because NFL can sign a deal with local networks) or owners lower ticket prices.
no way they go to PPV.

whats crazy is that no one else is even in the same realm.

Not me. Live in Bawston
fuck you.

Half the people here in Houston are transplants so a lot of the "natives" ratchet up their state pride even more. Heck, the transplants seem to love it since I often see "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could!" bumper stickers...also see it on chick's dating profiles. It's really odd.
Texas pride, bitch.

seriously though, where do you live? I don't find this to be true at all. A lot of the "i got here as fast as i could people" are saying it jokingly.

We got Hogan AND Stone Cold. Top two of all time in the WWF!

ZPPrawV.jpg
stone cold is a fucking bandwagoner. Dude is from Victoria Texas.

Any Lions fans explain to me why you want Wisenhunt? You wanted Lovie, which I guess is ok, but not exactly aiming high. What did Wisenhunt do without Warner? Matt Stafford is no Kurt Warner.

The more I see that Cutler deal the less I like it. Especially after I sat down and saw Cutler's career numbers. He has this rep as a strong armed gunslinger but he hasn't really put up huge numbers, especially considering how many TOs he has. His career high in TD passes is I believe 27, and that year he had 26 INTs. He's never had a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. Seems like a lot a high risk/not very high reward type of QB. I was ready to put him in that lower tier of QB with guys like Rivers, Romo and Fatt Matt, but he's probably a good step below. Those guys are more likely to put up monster numbers (Romo, Fatty) or are at least far mure durable (Rivers).

Top Bottom