• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

MRSA

Banned
Why would he leave OU for the Browns job?

While OU is a prestigeous football school. They can't recruit worth shit because people will rather go to OSU or an SEC school.

They've also been shafted from the BCS ever since getting molested by USC.

eznark

Banned
While OU is a prestigeous football school. They can't recruit worth shit because people will rather go to OSU or an SEC school.

Stoops makes $5m base salary. Chud was paid $2m a year. Stoops has a huge ass buyout too doesn't he? They really going to break the bank for a guy with zero NFL experience? Ok.

I dont get how you make jokes about me being a kid when youre younger than me. Probably smoke too much pubic hair or whatever you kids do these days.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226_zps98d2287e.gif

MRSA

Banned
Stoops makes $5m base salary. Chud was paid $2m a year. Stoops has a huge ass buyout too doesn't he? They really going to break the bank for a guy with zero NFL experience? Ok.

Just about every major NCAA coach gets paid more than NFL coaches.

Smokey

you need to worry about not getting swept by the jags before you go around giving out insults.

bro

it wasn't an insult, more of a fact !

this was a successful season. kubiak is gone. schaub is gone. o'brien da god is in. sacrifices had to be made. #aintworriedabnothin

except who that clown rick smith is gonna take #1

bruh

He's from Ohio. Don't let this game fool you, Oklahoma kinda had a shitty year and Trevor Knight played the game of his life.

Okay, these would be reasons to leave OU for, say, the Bengals or something.

But I haven't heard any compelling reasons why he would go to the Browns. Really, why anyone with a good (or even middling) reputation would go to the Browns. The franchise is worse than a dumpster fire right now.

They may end up having to break the bank to hire anybody. What else do they have to offer if not money?

That said, I don't know how much they'd have to pay me if I were Stoops. I mean, $5 mil is a lot already. Money probably isn't a motivator. Pride, probably, but not enough to walk into that dysfunctional organization.

They've played in 5 BCS Bowls since getting clobbered by USC. I'm not sure how that counts as being shafted.

Godslay

Banned
EDIT - Wait, I didn't read it. HOW DARE YOU INSULT PEYTON GODSLAY! :)

He's our cybernetic goober destroyer. Makes him easier to identify with the common man. He's basically a common man with a gift that few possess, embrace it. Would you rather his wife play dress up with him, or him making man decisions and crushing jorts in public? Jorts everytime imo.

What was the record pre and post bullygate?
3-4 before, 5-4 after.

I've been trying to figure out where I stand on the team in terms of what needs to change but it's hard to figure out because they are just so inconsistent. There are obviously personnel and coaching issues but it's difficult for me to tell where one stops and the other starts sometimes.

I know Ireland sucks. I'm pretty confident Sherman is a bad OC. I know the o-line is atrociously bad in terms of coaching and personnel. I really don't know about Philbin.

Ellerbee and Wheeler have been awful but they were better in Baltimore/Oakland. So is that more coaching or personnel? Wallace is Wallace but he wasn't nearly as explosive as in Pitt. His fault? Tannehill's fault? Sherman's fault? A little of everything, I guess.

Top Bottom